Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

Trista

I totally agree with mysteryflavored. Chocolate shimmer ink liner is gorgeous!
It's such a pretty brown eyeliner that's not your typical brown. But it's very wearable. It's my fave brown eyeliner to use during the day. And like all her gel liners it lasts until I take it off.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericita
I usually wear bronze shimmer as eyeliner, how is chocolate shimmer compared to it?
I love bronze but sometimes I think it's too warm for my complexion (and black eyeliner looks harsh on me as I'm very fair). Do you think I should try chocolate?

I use the Espresso for a defined but not so dark black appearance.

fafibaby

Have any of you tried their moisture rich foundation or the luminous moisturizing foundation? i am trying to decide which of these i wanna try.
I've been on the quest for finding the right foundation shade and i must say so far Bobbi brown's honey is the best for me.

threelittlebirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Has anyone seen her shimmery nudes palette that's supposed to come out in the fall?

The palette will be released towards the end of August, according to the SA's at the counter. There were a couple of pics from Ebay floating around on MakeupAlley. It looks really similar to the Stonewashed Nudes and I think there are even a couple of repeat colors.

hey...im like a bobbi brown mad fan... haha

ive tried like most of her stuff!! so you can send me a message if you want
smiles.gif

but for now i recommend her...

shimmer brick in bronze

bronzer

blush in peony- can work on everyone!

creamy eye pencil

pot rouge in summertan

def. natural brow shaper

and...

shimmer brick in pink!
smiles.gif

anti_starlet8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafibaby
Have any of you tried their moisture rich foundation or the luminous moisturizing foundation? i am trying to decide which of these i wanna try.
I've been on the quest for finding the right foundation shade and i must say so far Bobbi brown's honey is the best for me.

I wear moisture rich in honey as my "going out" foundation and it's brilliant. I don't need much coverage anyway but my skin looks flawless when I wear this it's stunning and it lasts all evening. I would wear this on my wedding day (if I ever decide to get married!) I got a sample of it before I bought it and I got about 8-10 applications out of it, though if you need a bit more coverage you might need to use some more. I think you should ask for a sample of both foundations so you can try them out on an everyday basis. I've never tried the luminous moisturizing foundation so I can't comment on that.

I highly recommend BB for face products, I have lived in the SPF 15 tinted moisturiser this summer and I swear by the creamy concealer and corrector duo for my dark circles, which are very difficult to conceal it's definitely a
thmbup.gif
from me. Pricey but well worth it, considering the quality and how long the products last (still got about a quarter of TM left in the quite-small tube, worn it for a lot of this summer.)

boudoir

I went a little overboard today since I need a new "soon to be 30 and need moisture" look...

I bought the moisture rich foundation and the spf15 lotion, the shimmering nudes palette - sooo pretty, the heather mauve lipstick, a corrector and some loose powder.

Can't wait to try it all tomorrow!

What's your fave Bobbi look?

Ericita

Has any of you tried the new long wear eye palettes?
They look awesome online! I think I will be getting one, but I'm not sure which one yet.
I have a cool undertone, but blue doesn't look ok on my eyes so if I buy night sky I will be not wearing one of the cream shadows, that's why I think I'm getting moon rock.
If any of you has the opportunity to check them out please tell!

user79

Does anyone know if there will be a new Shimmerbrick released, a special edition one??? I just love them!

SarahAfshar

I absolutely love Bobbi Brown. She is an artist that listens to what people want and acts on those wants immediately.

I would truly recommend that one purchase the "Long-Wear Gel Liner". As for colors, I would definitely recommend purchasing the more flexible and universal shades such as "Black Ink" or "Espresso Ink".

I would also recommend purchasing an "Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush" to go with that gel liner.

Another product that I truly love is definitely the limited edition "Moon Rock Long-Wear Eye Palette", as the shades are extremely universal and everyone can wear them. They are also the type of shades that are pigmented, long-lasting, and color building.

Your trip at Bobbi Brown would not be complete without the limited edition "Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Compact" which provides enough color and highlight to last a lifetime. This product is amazing.

Of course, once you buy this, you will want to get a "Face Blender Brush" because they are the perfect necessity to go with your limited edition compact.

Indian Barbie

i was looking on the QVC website and i saw this "Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Eye Palette" which looks great, I've been searching places that sell this but it's sold out
ssad.gif
Anyway, I've never tried bobbi brown eyeshadows before, are they highly pigmented?

Trista

So I tried out the Copper Diamond Shimmerbrick today and I gotta say I was a bit disappointed. It reminded me of the Bobbi Brown Gold shimmerbrick. The Gold shimmerbrick looked a bit more yellow on me but the difference wasn't too obvious on me. I love the texture but the color just isn't anything so different from other gold/copper highlighters I already own IMO. I gotta say the packaging is pretty but that's not enough to make me buy it.

TISH1124

Love the Shimmerbricks, Espresso and Black Ink Gels Liners and I love their Even Finish Liquid Foundation!!

capmorlovesmac

More Shimmerbrick-love here!
th_DANCE.gif

I have the beige one and I love it!

For the lipglosses by BB: I like the product of the lipgloss itself but the applicator?
nope.gif

Right now I am also using the oil free foundation but I will switch to NARS soon.

I am planning to buy the Indigo Ink Gel Eyeliner soon
smiles.gif

Esperanza

I think I'm going to try the BB blushes out, I heard so much good things about them! And I'm kinda bored of the MAC ones actually... I'm using a Shu uemura at the moment that is perfect but I just want to try something new!

Winthrop44

^^ I've developed a fascination with the Chanel Joues Contraste blushes. I don't like the price at all tho.

I am loving BB's new Ballet Pink lipliner, esp under Masque or Fleshpot!

caramel_geek

I'm new to BB. And been wanting to try out the cream shadow sticks. Are they any good? Does it do what it claims to? And is it good as a base?

TIA!
smiles.gif