Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallyBag
elegant-one: - how different is the peony to the rose? I'm now addicted to shimmerbricks lol! I'm thinking of ordering the peony from strawberrynet... but a little worried about it...

does anyone know how different is the pink quartz to the rose... i just love the rose...

Here's a comparison pic:

http://img.makeupalley.com/3/5/1/4/847673.JPG

I have Peony and I don't have Rose, but when I looked at Rose at the BB counter the colors look more muted than Peony, whereas Peony is brighter. Also, Rose has a white strip that you could use separately as well, whereas Peony is all pink and fuchsia strips. Peony has a slight cool tint to it. I really love Peony, I swapped for it on this site, but I've also seen it up for swap on MUA. Personally, I preferred it over Rose, because it's a stronger colour. Rose would be great if you want something more subtle. But Peony doesn't show up over-pigmented on my fair skin, it's actually really nice and buildable.

CallyBag

thanks MissChievous! oh I like the Pink Quartz! its so pretty! i wonder if our counter has had it yet or soon maybe... we are 6 months behind you see... we're only getting the Pink Raspberry set next week for upcoming Mother's Day! the Peony is nice too! would you have any pics of the Brownie vs Bronze?

I just got the Apricot today too!

I wonder if the Brownie on Strawberrynet is legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Here's a comparison pic:

http://img.makeupalley.com/3/5/1/4/847673.JPG

I have Peony and I don't have Rose, but when I looked at Rose at the BB counter the colors look more muted than Peony, whereas Peony is brighter. Also, Rose has a white strip that you could use separately as well, whereas Peony is all pink and fuchsia strips. Peony has a slight cool tint to it. I really love Peony, I swapped for it on this site, but I've also seen it up for swap on MUA. Personally, I preferred it over Rose, because it's a stronger colour. Rose would be great if you want something more subtle. But Peony doesn't show up over-pigmented on my fair skin, it's actually really nice and buildable.

MisaMayah

$26 OMG I wouldn't hesitate to pay that!!lol. We pay £27 (about $54) here in the UK!!

aaaahh ur so lucky. I want the Apricot blush too, but like MissChievous I have way too many blushers to last me a life time

CallyBag

wow, GBP27?! oh i supose that works out to be same in NZ currency... where I am based right now, the shimmerbricks are $98!!! 3x27=$81, so still cheaper than us! lol! it sux being here....
ssad.gif
nonono.gif

so should i go for the shimmerbrick on strawberrynet anyone? it looks legit enough... but i'm a little worried since the drama about the MAC Pigments a while back...

yea I dont usually wear blushers either... until about two months ago... thats my problem, when I obsess about something, thats all I buy for a while and then I stop lol!

the Apricot, is gorgeous, it doesnt show up on my skin by itself but over my clementine or nectar its gorgeous! I highly recommend it...

now should i go for the brownie and the peony on strawberrynet? lol!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaMayah
$26 OMG I wouldn't hesitate to pay that!!lol. We pay £27 (about $54) here in the UK!!

aaaahh ur so lucky. I want the Apricot blush too, but like MissChievous I have way too many blushers to last me a life time

Winthrop44

Quote:
I got the Pink Raspberry pot rouge that came out with her spring Raspberry collection and it's really very pretty. I like it more than my MAC Blushcreme, it applies better and it's not as thick and gunky as the MAC ones. The colour is just soooo gorgeous, really nice for fair skin.

This color is really gorgeous, I am so upset that I can't use products with castor oil - they drive my rosacea nuts! Does anyone know of a powder blush dupe for this shade? How about Desert Rose, Breezy or Dollymix?

MissCreoula

the creamy concealer kit is my HG, in the past I've also tried the Vitamin enriched cream which was really good. But for some reason I've never tried anything else. How are the blushes vs Nars or MAC? And the lipglosses look really nice too!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericita
I've fallen in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!

New eye shadows, shimmer wash eye shadows, blushes and shimmer blushes
th_happy1.gif

They are, in fact, squared! (and flip tops) and there are new 3-4 pan empty palettes.

Check it all out!

Get Personal:
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics ::Get Personal: Create Your Custom Palette"

Ooh the square format looks really cool, I like it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreoula
the creamy concealer kit is my HG, in the past I've also tried the Vitamin enriched cream which was really good. But for some reason I've never tried anything else. How are the blushes vs Nars or MAC? And the lipglosses look really nice too!

The blushes are really good, I have 1 blush and 1 Shimmerbrick from BB and like them a lot. I'd say they are comparable to Nars for sure, they are very pigmented and good quality, and have such nice colours. I like Nars & BB blushes over MAC, I haven't bought a MAC blush in years!

radarlove

I've fallen for Bobbi Brown in a biiiig way, especially with the latest marketing strategy of "personalized" palettes and the square packaging - so awesome! My mom has been using her products for years and I find them to be the of superior quality to all the brands I've tried (MAC, NARS, Stila, BeneFit, etc. etc.) Nothing beats BB for quality.

Her blushes are AMAZING! Desert Rose is the most perfect blush I've ever found for me. She has a huge selection of natural, elegant and understated colours which I just love. I also really like the creamy lip colour, I have it in Blue Raspberry which is such a pretty colour and the formula is great! It's great every day makeup...it's nice and grown up and wearable, unlike some of the other brands that make everything with too much glitter and colour for me. I think I'm kind of sold on Bobbi Brown for life now...
yahoo.gif

Winthrop44

Has anyone tried new BB lipliners - Beige, Blush or Blondie Pink? Are any similar to the color of MAC Hue l/s?

-moonflower-

I didn't think I'd like Bobbi Brown stuff much, it all seemed a bit too neutral to me.
But I was bought a neutral eye palette for my birthday. It's got one dark matte brown and four shimmery(with a texture like a MAC veluxe pearl e/s) off white/beige/pinkish shades, as well as a double ended brush with the eyeliner brush on one side and the eyeshadow brush on the other.
I love it! I can get a neutral but smokyish eye look in around 5 minutes with it, the brushes are fantastic and it's great for throwing in my bag if I'm staying over at someones house.
I'll def be buying more Bobbi Brown stuff!

elegant-one

I just bought the last 2 pots of BB Pink Raspberry creme blush from Nordies today - one for my daughter in law & one for me. That blush is so gorgeous on!

Winthrop44

Oh I know! I kept mine despite the castor oil. I'll just use it very sparingly and hope for the best. You didn't happen to check out her new light pink liners by any chance did you?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I just bought the last 2 pots of BB Pink Raspberry creme blush from Nordies today - one for my daughter in law & one for me. That blush is so gorgeous on!

I love that one, it looks sooo pretty and fresh! The Pot Rouges are def better that the MAC Blushcremes, imo.
smiles.gif

I think this shade is going permenent though?

MaryJane

I've never had much luck w/BB products (with the exception of the bronzer). These eyeshadows especially never seem to show up on me no matter what primer or base I use. I picked up that really popular e/s palette, Stonwashed Shimmer Nudes, last fall ~ the colors are gorgeous but I really have to pack them on to get them to show up. I never have that problem with Nars or Mac.

elegant-one

Quote:
I love that one, it looks sooo pretty and fresh! The Pot Rouges are def better that the MAC Blushcremes, imo.
smiles.gif

I think this shade is going permanent though?

My daughter in law wanted it really bad, but it was sold out everywhere. Then the morning I was going to go to Nordies, I saw your FOTD/Video using the Pink Raspberry blush...I was sold & had to get one for myself
winks.gif
I was lucky they still had some left.

Your video was awesome...you're so pretty
yes.gif

fiji

These are just some items of Bobbi Brown which I love.

I do have the Blush lip liner and lipstick. Love the color on me its perfect. I can't compare to MAC sorry. I just don't know which color MAC would compare. But I'm glad I purchased Blush. The reason I bought the new Blush color was because I liked BB's old SPF Lipshine in Blush. However this new Blush lipstick gives more color than the lipshine. The lipshine was very sheer.

Pot Rouge: Love Pale Pine & Powder Pink, Summer Pink (great for on the go)

Blushes: Powder Pink, Desert Rose, Tawny & Blush

Lip Crayon: Pink Raspberry (great for on the go)

Lip Glosses: too many to list. (I do prefer MAC LipGlass)

Tawny Shimmer Brick and Lip Kit

Nude Lip & Eye Palette

Raspberry Palette

Jet Setter Palette

Bridal Palette

Lip Gloss Palette

Ski Slopes Color Palette for Face

Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (also love MAC Blot Powder)

Creamy Concealer and Corrector

Gel Eye Liners they never smear and last all day.

Cream Shadows never crease and last all day. (also like some of her regular shadows and shimmerwash shadows)

Brow Gel: in Mahogany is great. (also love MAC in ShowOff)

I love Palettes they are so great for travel and on the go.

I also like Laura Mercier's Face Palette and Eye shadow Quads.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
smiles.gif

I agree. I just got a Pot Rouge in Milk Chocolate. I love it, and the texture is so much better than that of Blushcremes.

AudreyNicole

Since MAC is not bringing out any Fluidlines, I am looking elseware for gel liners, and hear BB has come out with a Black Mauve gel liner. Has anyone tried this yet? How does it compare to her other shades? In the pictures I saw it looks brown, and I already have a brown fluidline, so I am looking for something a little different. Any thoughts?