Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

gigglegirl

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find the exact answer. Well I stumbled into Holt Renfrew which has Bobbi Brown here in Winnipeg. I have one shimmerbrick and that set me back a bit but I wanted to check out more of her line. Sheesh it scared the CRAP outta me. I ended up getting one e/s (Rose Gold shimmer e/s) and LOVE it but the $26 made me gasp. plus tax. wow. They are definitely bigger than mac but I'm not sure the $10 premium (here in Canada comparatively) is worth it.

I tried checking out her website for prices in the US but it "knows" i'm from Canada so no prices show up at all. I checked out Neiman Marcus and I just wondered, for you USers, (LOL) are they the same price?

IE is an e/s $19 for you,
cream e/s $22?--I really liked the Orchid cream shadow, reminded me of MAC's Neutral Pink e/s.

Thanks in advance!

Trista

BB eyeshadows are $19 and the cream eye shadows are $22 in The U.S. before tax. Her eyeshadows are really nice but I find that I still have to use base under her cream eyeshadows because they crease on me.
That Rose gold shimmer e/s is really pretty and I find that it does last a long time on my eyelids. So i think that one was worth it (but $26 still hurts!)
I feel your pain with the costs of cosmetics. I love and purchased lots of high end cosmetics and cosmetics that I"ve purchased overseas that I practically cry when I see my receipt.

gigglegirl

Thank you SO MUCH Trista!! If I go on a road trip while our dollar is still strong, then it wouldn't be as painful picking up Bobbi Brown stuff in the US (only 2.50 more per e/s than MAC as we pay 16.50 here). Something to think about I guess. but then Mac is cheaper than here so I'd prob fill up on that! LOL

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffy
OK here are 5 of the things EVERY girl out there should get from Bobbi Brown

#1 Ultra fine eye liner brush
#2 Creamy concealer
#3 Foundation Stick.. I use Sand
#4 Shimmerbrick..I have beige and apricot
#5 APRICOT blush.......!!! or Pale Pink if u are cool toned. the blush is a very pigmented and makes your face too very cute with a pop of colour..

Ok now run and get those products..u won't be disappointed!

Apricot blush is SO FREAKING PRETTY!!! I really want it, but I have bought so many blushes recently so I'm kind of holding out for now. It's the perfect blend of coral, peach and pink color.

IheartCosmetics

I just got the Tawny Shimmerbrick in the mail yesterday. It is sooo gorgeous!!
yahoo.gif
I like Shimmerbricks much more then MSF's.

CallyBag

hi Girls, just wondering, I use the Beige foundation from BB, what color shimmerbrick would you recommend for me? Peony, Apricot, Brownie, Bronze, or Rose?

TIA!

gigglegirl

It really depends on what you want. I am pretty fair and had wanted the pink shimmer brick but it barely showed up, so I surprisingly got the darker pink one (Rose) and it really shows up well on my cheeks, I don't use blush sometimes. But if you want a more peachy glow, I'd get apricot (thats my next planned purchase)
And obviously Bronze if you want a bronzey look.

CallyBag

thanks gigglegirl! hmm... they're all so pretty I want them all! lol! but my skin is more to the yellow side, you think the rose will look unnatural on me? should i stick to the ones with coral or apricot colors like Apricot... hmm... i guess the best thing is to try them on... thing is that the MAs where I am are a little snobby, they dont really like helping people...
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
It really depends on what you want. I am pretty fair and had wanted the pink shimmer brick but it barely showed up, so I surprisingly got the darker pink one (Rose) and it really shows up well on my cheeks, I don't use blush sometimes. But if you want a more peachy glow, I'd get apricot (thats my next planned purchase)
And obviously Bronze if you want a bronzey look.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallyBag
i guess the best thing is to try them on... thing is that the MAs where I am are a little snobby, they dont really like helping people...
nope.gif

This is their job to help you find the right match, so don't hesitate to ask them!!

I think Apricot or Peony would suit you both, but yeah you def have to try before, to be sure you don't buy something you wouldn't wear. Plus the shimmerbricks are quite pricey so... a little try before buying
yes.gif

gigglegirl

With yellow-ish in your skin, perhaps Peony would be better than Rose. LOL I love the shimmer bricks (for me they are like what I want in an msf minus the glitter) so I would buy a couple. But esperanza is right, they are pricy. But versatile--can use just as a blush, highlighter all over, eyeshadow, etc though I've only used it to highlight my cheeks.

I hope the MAs can help you, the gals at Holt Renfrew (where they have Bobbi Brown) are so bend-over-backwards-want-to-help-you so I haven't had a problem--yet.

Give it a shot, and if they are being biotches and making you feel pressured or unhelped, walk away, try again another time or order online. But try them out in person for sure to see what you'd think you'd like!!
smiles.gif
Have fun!

CallyBag

^^^ Thanks gigglegirl and Esperanza! will let you guys know how i get on! i should've joined this forum ages ago!

enkybaby

i so so looove :

shimmerbricks
lippies
pot rouges
blushes
gel liner (better than mac)
cream e/s
palettes

her colors are so safe which means taking out a lot of trouble doing guesswork especially when you are on the go

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
It really depends on what you want. I am pretty fair and had wanted the pink shimmer brick but it barely showed up, so I surprisingly got the darker pink one (Rose) and it really shows up well on my cheeks

That's exactly what I thought! The pink looked really pretty in the compact, but just did not show up more than a dusting on me, so I got the rose. My favorite is still the Peony. I want to try the Apricot next too.
I love BB gel eyeliners & blushes, Oh & her blender brushes are the best

Dani California

I have the apricot shimmerbrick - love it.
smiles.gif
I fancy the rose one next, even though I just got the Pink quartz one, which is really lovely on!! a good blend of gold/pink. very pretty
smiles.gif
Again, like some of you, the pink one didn't really show up on me.

I've yet to try the blushers and pot rouges, but they look great.

user79

I got the Pink Raspberry pot rouge that came out with her spring Raspberry collection and it's really very pretty. I like it more than my MAC Blushcreme, it applies better and it's not as thick and gunky as the MAC ones. The colour is just soooo gorgeous, really nice for fair skin.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallyBag
^^^ Thanks gigglegirl and Esperanza! will let you guys know how i get on! i should've joined this forum ages ago!

So, did you find something interesting? Which shimmerbrick did you choose?

If you guys are searching for a soft pink lip-liner & lipstick, you should try the Creamy lip liner "Petal" and Sandwash pink l/s: they are beautiful together and really natural looking. I wore them today and I'm really pleased with those
thmbup.gif

CallyBag

^^^ hi Esperanza! sorry I just saw this post! havent really been on for a while been busy! well, I tried the Rose on and it was GORGEOUS! i love it! they were out of stock however and I'm STILL waiting for it to come in! thats the problem with being where i am in wop-wops! we never get enough of everything and when we run out, it takes forever to get here! oh and i got my friend to help me get the Bronze from the US as she's coming over... i love the bronze for summer (its summer here now) it goes so well over my apricot blush! I should've bought these shimmerbricks ages ago!

oh and yes i got the petal liner! i love it! i use it under my glosses!

I found the Apricot shimmerbrick a little light on me so I went with the Bronze... what next? ;-P

CallyBag

^^^ oh and i know i'm late to the game, but i just got the Stonewash nudes palette last week and i love it! i think i need a back up LOL!

tin-

I only have 2 shimmerbricks and I love them. I have yellowish skin but I still opted for the Rose shimmerbrick since I could use it as a blush and it looks great on. I recently got Brownie and it's a lot more pigmented than Rose so you have to be careful with the application. It's great that you can use them as shadows too!
winks.gif

I'll be getting the Apricot shimmerbrick next and i'm also thinking about trying her gel liners, blushes and brushes after all the reviews here!
smiles.gif

CallyBag

elegant-one: - how different is the peony to the rose? I'm now addicted to shimmerbricks lol! I'm thinking of ordering the peony from strawberrynet... but a little worried about it...

does anyone know how different is the pink quartz to the rose... i just love the rose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
That's exactly what I thought! The pink looked really pretty in the compact, but just did not show up more than a dusting on me, so I got the rose. My favorite is still the Peony. I want to try the Apricot next too.
I love BB gel eyeliners & blushes, Oh & her blender brushes are the best