Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

iSHi

Re: Favorite Products from Bobbi Brown?

I can't say that i've tried anything else, but like as many others are saying, the gel eyeliners are fabulous! They apply smoothly and they last a long time. My favorites are ivy and sapphire shimmer
smiles.gif

user68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Aside from makeup...BB has some awesome books about makeup and beauty

I agree. I recently purchased her first book "Bobbi Brown Beauty" and I loved reading ever page. It's so much more than just techniques, it's about overall wellbeing. You end up feeling really good about yourself after finishing. My favourite section was the one where she talks about turning your "flaws" into your best features
smiles.gif

I haven't tried any of the products yet, mostly because I can’t justify spending so much when there is cheaper alternatives. But I would love to try some of the shimmerbricks and blushes. Oh and the gel eyeliners of course, the colour selection is so much better than MAC's.
smiles.gif

urbanlilyfairy

I think her gel eyeliners are great ..theya re so smooth and glide on way better than fluidliners ..plus I have not experinced them drying out like my fluidlines have ..and I have had my gel eyeliners and fluidlines about 2 years now ..my mac ones are superly dry ..and the bb ones feel just as good as new.

smellyocheese

I don't like their lipsticks at all though. very dry and sticky. ick. the lip glosses are ok. the have a corrector concealer thingy. not a fan as well since it's quite cakey. I have a palette with eyeshadow and blusher, colour doesn't show too well.

I'm yet to try other products

user79

Re: Bobbi Brown Must-haves & recs??

Merged threads.

I've recently swapped for Peony shimmerbrick and I like it a lot.
smiles.gif
I like it more than the MAC MSFs because it's not chunky and glittery at all.

neotrad

Bobbi Brown brushes are good quality! I just wish their handles were shorter though.

I want to try Shimmerbricks, but am kind of hesitant 'cause they all look too dark. The darkest part of every Shimmerbrick looks really really dark. I know they give your skin glowyness, but would like to know how much of the colors they show up on your skin if you use a skunk brush such as MAC 187 brush?

How do you compare the Pale Pink blush to the Peony blush? Which can be described as 'pastel pink' and/or 'blue pink'?

Also, has anyone here tried their Creamy lip colors?
I'd like to hear about "Nude Pink", "Pink Ballet", and "Crystal Pink".

Toya

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
Bobbi Brown brushes are good quality! I just wish their handles were shorter though.

I want to try Shimmerbricks, but am kind of hesitant 'cause they all look too dark. The darkest part of every Shimmerbrick looks really really dark. I know they give your skin glowyness, but would like to know how much of the colors they show up on your skin if you use a skunk brush such as MAC 187 brush?

How do you compare the Pale Pink blush to the Peony blush? Which can be described as 'pastel pink' and/or 'blue pink'?

You may want to try the Shimmerbricks on the lighter end of the spectrum, like Beige and Pink. According to a BB make-up artist I befriended, the Shimmerbricks are really done to suit different skintones, so there will be one that works for almost everyone. So, for instance, Beige is the lighter shade of the Bronze, Pink is the lighter shade of the Peony, etc.

MisaMayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad

I just wanted to reccomend you the Pink and Apricot Shimmerbricks, I have both & they would suit the palest complexions =)

Ericita

This brand is new in my country (it just arrived in december) and I have to say I LOVE Bobbi Brown now!! Their products are of great quality.

The corrector is the first concealer that could deal with my purple undereye circle.
The long wear cream eye shadow is the only eye shadow that never creases on me (hey Bobbi Brown, please make more colors as cream shadows!!). This is very strange to me because even MAC paints crease on me.
The gel eye liner is... gorgeous! I have the bronze shimmer and all I can say is I never wore eye liner until I discovered these ones. They are really awesome.
I'm a NW20 and I have the shimmerbrick in rose. I LOVE it. My skin is oily and I never thought I'd like a "shimmer" product, but this gives you such a beautiful/natural glow and subtle color (and it makes me look less dead once I've put blot powder and matte foundation).

I also have a lipstick but it doesn't drive me crazy. But I have to say that this is my first lipstick lol (I'm a tinted lip conditioner girl so I still don't get used to have a lot of color on my lips, for this reason I can't blame Bobbi)

user79

I recently bought the Smudge Brush in a swap, and I have to say, great brush!! After washing, it really hold the shape perfectly, unlike the MAC goat hair brushes which tend to get stray hairs flaring out, unless you wrap them while drying. I love it!

Trista

I really do love sooo many things in this line and I am guilty of purchasing every single pallette she comes out with. My faves, as others have mentioned, are definitely the corrector, concealer, and gel liners.
Overrated products, IMO, are her mascaras (they do nothing for me) and that Bone eyeshadow that she sticks into almost every pallette ( it looks like I've applied nothing and unfortunately I have tons of the stuff).

lovely333

I love her products. Oh and for anyone whose intrested they are about change some of her products. I was at the counter and the ma showed me the book for upcoming collections. He said she was going into more pallettes. But they were like make your own. New blushes and shadows that will be square to fit into palletes. They only had a few of the original blushes left. I think he said they ship to stoores in April. Lip colors look more vibrant too.

Trista

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I love her products. Oh and for anyone whose intrested they are about change some of her products. I was at the counter and the ma showed me the book for upcoming collections. He said she was going into more pallettes. But they were like make your own. New blushes and shadows that will be square to fit into palletes. They only had a few of the original blushes left. I think he said they ship to stoores in April. Lip colors look more vibrant too.

Oh that sounds awesome! I love having the choice of what colors to place together into a pallette. Thanks for the update!

Ericita

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333

Yes I also read that they are going to be squared... and I found this image at ebay.

I guess (unless it's counterfeit lol) that this will be the next shape. It seems like it will come with a little brush too.

I edit to post: Did you all check the new Nude Collection? There is a new lip and eye palette:
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics ::Introducing NEW Nude Look and Palette

user79

That would be awesome if the blushes come with a brush too. Although i hope they won't increase the price.
ssad.gif
They are already expensive here. I hate the screw tops though.

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaMayah
I just wanted to reccomend you the Pink and Apricot Shimmerbricks, I have both & they would suit the palest complexions =)

Thank you for your recommendation! I'll check them out!
greengrin.gif

cloudburst

I'm NC 30/35 and my must haves from Bobbi are:

Pale Pink & Apricot powder blushes (universally great)
Bronze & Sandstone Shimmerbricks
(they are finer & sheerer than MSF's so easier to build & control)
Maple Lip Tint SPF 15 (the perfect lip enhancer colour, non sticky & minty!)

Trista

So I tried out the new Nude eye and lip palette and I'm sorry to say but I'm a bit disappointed. Most of the eyeshadow colors look the same on me and as much as I love nudes I found the eyeshadow colors to be a bit too sheer. (I'm NC-30) The lipcolors are pretty but I already have colors that are similar. The palette is $60 so I had to return it.
ssad.gif

I'll stick to using the nudes I picked up from the N Collection.
Has anyone else tried it out and had any luck?

Caffy

OK here are 5 of the things EVERY girl out there should get from Bobbi Brown

#1 Ultra fine eye liner brush
#2 Creamy concealer
#3 Foundation Stick.. I use Sand
#4 Shimmerbrick..I have beige and apricot
#5 APRICOT blush.......!!! or Pale Pink if u are cool toned. the blush is a very pigmented and makes your face too very cute with a pop of colour..

Ok now run and get those products..u won't be disappointed!

Latest posts