Boys In Make-Up...opinions.

Shimmer

the second pic you posted is highly flattering.

mac attack:
the pathfinder Iused to have had pink bumpers, flares, and running boards. People gave husband shit and he was like "Dude. LOOK AT MY WIFE! Now look at yours. You think I give a fuck what you think?"
I have a real gem.
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
the second pic you posted is highly flattering.

mac attack:
the pathfinder Iused to have had pink bumpers, flares, and running boards. People gave husband shit and he was like "Dude. LOOK AT MY WIFE! Now look at yours. You think I give a fuck what you think?"
I have a real gem.
smiles.gif

I love that compliment/insult package LOL!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
i honestly felt like i was looking at 2 totally differnt people.
the first has that.. rabbi look

lmao.gif
I thought the same~

Quote:
The second I honestly dont find Feminine
Then again I live in CA , Where most guys have that length of hair peirced ears. and ride motorcycles.

Yup i agree, see plenty of guys who look just like that. Smile is nice in the 2nd photo too. Thats a good pic of you.

Quote:
My boyfriend let me put makeup on him (after MUCH begging ) ...

He promptly washed it off.

See! lol typical guy =P

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
I love that compliment/insult package LOL!

He only had to say it once to every person who made teh comment and they STFU with a quickness.
smiles.gif

Eoraptor

I've certainly had the 'two different people' reaction, especially when showing my ID at a bar or restaurant. The people look at my ID, then look back at me, then to the ID again... lol Though usually my old look generates comparisons to child molestors, not rabbis.
winks.gif
The second pic isn't feminine, but it has the changes necessary to become feminine later. Thanks for the compliments!
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Verdict is in, back to boy you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoraptor
Ha. Anjie thinks I'm gorgeous when I'm girly too, so her verdict is neutral.

I'd say do whatever you feel comfortable doing. I have no problems whatsoever with whether you want to be girly or manly. You can look good both ways. Just go for it!
thmbup.gif

Uchina

Don't ever go back to being butch! Not only do you look really, really pretty, having a fake exterior dulls the fabulosity within. When your true self comes out, it glows. That's what makeup and fashion is all about- expression.

caffn8me

OK, here's something which may be of interest to English, Scottish and Welsh type people (the competition's only open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales according to the rules). Rimmel is holding a "Glam your man" competition and the prizewinners get a posh day out in London. Definitely an excuse to get your boy into makeup!

Full details of the competition are on the Rimmel website here.

OK - just checked the rules again and they don't actually state that you have to send in pictures of just guys! No girls there on the gallery yet but I wonder if anyone will try it before the competition ends.

shlomit_mp

i love make up on men, esspecialy on my boyfriend! and i take any chance i get to put make up on his preatty face!

antirazor

I feel like confronting Eoraptor with the both worlds problem is unfair. the thick line drawn between men and women is a completely cultural standard. There are societies where men are expected to dress themselves up - including makeup - and dance seductively to compete for the affections of women. so while wanting to look and be perceived as "feminine" [which is a positively relative term to begin with] while still being a man is uncommon in our society, it is by no means wrong or grounds for criticism of his feelings.

as for not knowing what to call someone there is a simple solution. just ask. the only reason asking is peculiar is because we're so used to having everyone figured out when we see them, but what's really wrong with not? all you have to do is say, "i'm sorry. i really don't mean to be rude, but i don't want to offend you later on. do you prefer to be called a him or a her?" I feel like it's not much different than asking someone what they are in terms of their heritage and where their parents came from. sometimes a person looks mexican but then you find out that they're really half black and half irish. or some other combination. criticizing a person's aesthetic choices because it makes talking about them difficult for you seems a little silly.

I actually wrote an essay about this last semester. I truly feel that gender roles are a product of our society. There has been research done chronicling the different ways that we raise boys and girls, and even if their parents don't guide them to be feminine or masculine books they read and television they watch does.

I believe that all children should be treated exactly the same and they should be allowed to freely choose if they want to play with dolls or trucks or if they want to wear dresses or jeans or mary janes or nikes. Limiting how a person is "allowed" to be based on their gender is no different than limiting how they are "allowed" to be based on their race. it's all stereotyping.

I would love to live in a world where straight men can wear makeup and dresses while watching monday night football and drinking a cosmopolitan. and not be harassed or discriminated against. or the rugged boy in the ripped jeans and the leather jacket can enjoy having a spa day and collecting LE barbies without being called a fag. I dislike how certain characteristics are mutually exclusive. I feel like it limits our possibilities as a species. I know there are women out there who truly love feeling and acting stereotypically feminine and men who love feeling and acting stereotypically masculine. and that should be allowed as well. but there are a lot of men who aren't satisfied with this, but feel trapped by social standards, and plenty of people who have the courage to rise above those social standards to be hated and discriminated against, or just judged cruelly. I can not tell you how much respect and admiration I have for transsexuals. because I can not imagine how difficult it is for them to be treated the way they are by the majority of the population.

a914butterfly

i feel that men should not wear anything more than maybe some chapstick. makeup is a feminine thing and men that wear makeup are pretending to be something they are not. if you are born a male and not happy, then get a sex change. God made you what you are for a purpose and you shouldn't mess with nature. I also think men wearing makeup probably get beat up by real macho men. if you have a penis, then you are a man and you should be macho and manly and not be wearing makeup like a sissy

Shimmer

I just don't find it sexy, or attractive. *shrug*

but, my personal taste(s) shouldn't preclude someone else from doing what s/he wants to do.
That'd be like me not being a redhead anymore because someone told me "Gingers are ugly".

BFD.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
men that wear makeup are pretending to be something they are not.

But don't women do that with make up already? A lot of women use makeup to pretend they have bigger eyes, clearer skin, lusher lips, etc. I've heard women describe how they want to look in terms of celebrities or other fantasy figures they cannot be.

Quote:
I also think men wearing makeup probably get beat up by real macho men.

That doesn't mean it's right. You can get beaten up for a myriad of reasons, and none of them are justifiable. Because other people are horrible is no reason to say males wearing make up is wrong.

I don't see make up as masculine or feminine inherently. Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day does not look feminine to me when he wears all that black eyeliner, just like a woman doesn't necessarily look masculine to me if she sports a short haircut and wears nothing on her face.

I agree with Shimmer that is ultimately about personal preferences, but declaring it to be this horrible thing seems over the top. It doesn't harm anyone in the end.

sharyn

When I first discovered my love for make up, I was pretty much of a tomboy. So I only had guy friends. but they were so cool, they let me put make up on them!! Ok, it was all just smokey eye and corpspaint and stuff, you know, metalheads
lol.gif
... but I enjoyed it. And they did too. I see no problem in guys wearing make up. I prefer only a bit of eyeliner and/or black shadows on my b/fs, but even purple e/s and Russian red L/s would be okay for me.

Oh and for the comment "men in make up pretend to be something they are not" - Its not about with what you were born. Its about what you do with it.

"if you have a penis, then you are a man and you should be macho and manly and not be wearing makeup like a sissy" - are you serious? If all men were that macho, you prolly woundt even have the right to speak you mind on a board like this. because you'd be at home doing what a woman is supposed to do.
th_wink3.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
. because you'd be at home doing what a woman is supposed to do.
th_wink3.gif

And whats that? =p

Latest posts