a914butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
Watching Oprah.

HAHAHAHA or watching Dr. PHIL!!
lmao.gif

Eoraptor

Quote:
i feel that men should not wear anything more than maybe some chapstick. makeup is a feminine thing and men that wear makeup are pretending to be something they are not. if you are born a male and not happy, then get a sex change. God made you what you are for a purpose and you shouldn't mess with nature. I also think men wearing makeup probably get beat up by real macho men. if you have a penis, then you are a man and you should be macho and manly and not be wearing makeup like a sissy

Did I wake up in the 1950's? What if someone told you "If you're born with a vagina, you should be girlish and submissive and not vote, not get jobs in management or government, and obey your husband at all times. Not being independant like a man." That's how woman were traditionally expected to act (in Western culture), you know. Yet we have this wonderful increase in freedoms as our global culture advances morally and ethically. It's appalling a woman could have your views (reminds me of when blacks argue against same-sex marriage). Do people forget history so quickly? Do they have no empathy?

And yes, girly guys DO get beat up by "macho" men. What do you think keeps me from going out alone at night? That's something we need to CHANGE about society, not a reason to keep people from being who they want. You know who else macho men probably beat up? Wives and girlfriends who dare speak and act against their husbands/boyfriends. Guess it's a reason for women to do what they're told, right?

Ughh...

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
if you have a penis, then you are a man

That's biologically incorrect, at least in some circumstances. Females born with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia my have such severely misformed genitalia that they seem to have a penis rather than a clittoris. Internally they have ovaries and a womb and their sex chromosomes are XX. There are numerous other types of intersexuality medically recorded. Sex is nowhere near as simple as looking at the genitalia.

Quote:
and you should be macho and manly and not be wearing makeup like a sissy

Please tell native Americans that their men are sissy because they wear makeup and see how far you get. As has been stated before, we're all born naked. Clothing and adornments such as jewellery and makeup are just a social construct which change throughout history and geography.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Please tell native Americans that their men are sissy because they wear makeup and see how far you get. As has been stated before, we're all born naked. Clothing and adornments such as jewellery and makeup are just a social construct which change throughout history and geography.

Makeup can be masculine or feminine though, depending on application.

I think she's mainly objecting to the application of feminine MU on a male. Like the difference between littlemakeupboy, and Eoraptor. Both use color, ES, lipglass, blush etc. But the effect is dramatically different on each.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Makeup can be masculine or feminine though, depending on application.

No, it depends on cultural conditions rather than application. What may well be thought of as feminine makeup may somewhere else in time or place have been considered masculine. If you wore ancient Egyptian men's makeup today in western countries it would be considered feminine.

Mixxi

I both accept men in make up and think, if applied well and it suits the guy, it looks hot. My boyfriend likes 80's hair metal, has really long hair (which he backcombs) and rocks makeup! He wears a bit of concealer, eyeliner sometimes with smokey black shadow as well lipgloss. He has a slightly feminin face as well but no one ever calls him a 'fag' or thinks he's gay because he is fairly built and wear manly clothing like leather jackets (and I'm with him as well, haha!). The whole 80's hair metal era was great as guys would wear lipstick and eyeliner and stick get tons of hot chicks! Also I don't think it ever makes a guy less masculine which the quote 'I wear lipstick and i can still kick your ass!' proves.
smiles.gif

Femme

I don't have anything against men wearing make-up, but I do not find it attractive. Foundation, cover-up in some cases is understandable but I don't think men should overdo it. For example, wearing eyeliner looks pretty hidious in my opinion(on boys.)

Maybe it's the culture I grew up in, but I can't help to say that when a man wearing make-up passes by, it's weird.

But like I said, I don't have anything against the people who do it, I just question their reason and thoughts behind it. I wouldn't ever confront a man about it..

REYNALD0C

Army men wear "face paint" haha I joke around with my cousins bf telling him its make up. A lot of men wear make up these days, NOT JUST GAYS AND DRAGS! Straight men like the british, actors and a bunch of other guys use it too. But you guys know all this.

I love make up, I wear it, I even do peoples make up. Im a guy! Theres this super hott asian guy at the MAC store at South Coast Plaza who's an artist, and he's straight! I saw him walk around with red lipstick once. He is to die for. I often go there just to check him out, i usually forget about the make up.

BOYS WHO WEAR MAKE UP ROCK!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoraptor
You know who else macho men probably beat up? Wives and girlfriends who dare speak and act against their husbands/boyfriends. Guess it's a reason for women to do what they're told, right?

Ughh...

I don't take exception to anything you said, except that last part.
Generally the men who beat on women are too big of pussies to beat on men, that's why they do it to women. Macho? Not usually. Usually they're pussies with a chip on their shoulder.

Carry on.

Eoraptor

Quote:
I don't take exception to anything you said, except that last part.
Generally the men who beat on women are too big of pussies to beat on men, that's why they do it to women. Macho? Not usually. Usually they're pussies with a chip on their shoulder.

I completely agree, and think the same could be said about men who beat on guys in makeup. I think I'd be correct to state most men who regularily wear visible feminine makeup (the "sissies" of a914butterfly) are less inclined toward fighting than other men. This makes them easier targets than more masculinely dressed men.

Shimmer

Quote:
I completely agree, and think the same could be said about men who beat on guys in makeup. I think I'd be correct to state most men who regularily wear visible feminine makeup (the "sissies" of a914butterfly) are less inclined toward fighting than other men. This makes them easier targets than more masculinely dressed men.

I dunno dude. I've seen some pretty asskicking crossdressers in my life.
Someone starts some crap thinking they can be beaten down because they're in girls' clothes, next thing you know the crossdresser is kicking the shit out of the unawares machoman.
smiles.gif

Beachgrl07

I think it would be cute but I think the guy on TLC's Ten Years Younger overdoes it. He wears more makeup than I do! I'd loved to see my dh in some mascara though because he has the sexiest eyelashes!

msmack

sure... men in makeup. i am defiantly ok with it. but a boy/man with drippy black eyeliner is not going to turn my crank. i prefer my men make-up-less! i am from a small town and i dont see men in makeup often.

EDIT: OK, TIM CURRY IS SO SEXY IN ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW...
winks.gif

M.A.C*Attack

<B/> GUYS OR MEN IN MAKE UP ARE FUCKING HOT!
eyelove.gif
...LOL

May be its just me but most gay guys do better make up then some women and i love me some gay guys cuz most are some hot little f*****s...
eyelove.gif

anyhow guys that use make up are just hot to me but thats my opinion and straight guys or men that use it still look damn good like joel madden come on !!!!

but lets keep that between us....loll..... my brother calls me a faghag(my brothers gay ..lol)and my hubby knows it but my hubby dont know i think straight guys in makeup are hot...lol.... its my little secret! ...shhhh!
cutey.gif

M.A.C*Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtist
I think makeup on men is fine. I think Dave Navarro is hot. Johnny Depp looks pretty hot in makeup too!

omg hes sooo foineeeeee! i love dave and im glad he and carmen split...lol
rofl.gif

M.A.C*Attack

Quote:
Did I wake up in the 1950's? What if someone told you "If you're born with a vagina, you should be girlish and submissive and not vote, not get jobs in management or government, and obey your husband at all times. Not being independant like a man." That's how woman were traditionally expected to act (in Western culture), you know. Yet we have this wonderful increase in freedoms as our global culture advances morally and ethically. It's appalling a woman could have your views (reminds me of when blacks argue against same-sex marriage). Do people forget history so quickly? Do they have no empathy?

And yes, girly guys DO get beat up by "macho" men. What do you think keeps me from going out alone at night? That's something we need to CHANGE about society, not a reason to keep people from being who they want. You know who else macho men probably beat up? Wives and girlfriends who dare speak and act against their husbands/boyfriends. Guess it's a reason for women to do what they're told, right?

Ughh...

VERY VALID POINT!
AMEN!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
No, it depends on cultural conditions rather than application. What may well be thought of as feminine makeup may somewhere else in time or place have been considered masculine. If you wore ancient Egyptian men's makeup today in western countries it would be considered feminine.

Eh...

I'm sure even in Egyptian Culture, there were styles of MU that were worn by one sex, and not the other. All the examples you listed, the egyptians, american indians, etc. The majority of the men in those cultures wearing MU, probably aren't wearing it because they want to look, "girly." And I doubt if you were to look at a Male in an indian tribe, or a man in Egypt, you would be questioning his sexuality/gender.

And yes it is a cultural thing, but considering in current American culture, where men typically dont apply MU, feminine application is going to garner criticism from your "average" observer. Especially if it's applied with the intent of looking female.

There are plenty of examples of Men in American Culture, who wear MU, and maintain their masculinity. And I doubt there were be many "masculine" men lining up to kick Dave Nevaro's ass because he has eyeliner on.

Most of the girls posting that men in MU are hot, are citing examples of men who are still masculine, even with MU on. Not men who are blurring gender lines, in attempts to look female.

hyperRealGurl

Boys in MU .......... ehhhh i dunno what the big deal is? Either u dig it or you dont.. personally i dont care either way.. whatever floats ur boat

"M.A.C Power" lol

antirazor

Jeffree Star is pretty amazing. hell, I'm attracted to him. but I'm bisexual anyways. I don't know. I just feel like there are a lot of things more important in a relationship than what's in between your legs. all of the "masculine traits" you guys have been talking about. being able to hold you while you cry, make you feel safe, and take control of a situation when you're freaking out can be found in a female just as easily. liking macho doesn't have to equate to liking men. and liking delicate doesn't have to equate to liking women. -shrug-

Latest posts