Boys In Make-Up...opinions.

MAC_Diva

Re: Thoughts of guys wearing Make-up

Men who can wear makeup well and apply it too, are so awesome in my book. Who cares if you wear makeup? It looks good right, so don't let that stop you. Let them stare at you and make up their crazy opinions, because in reality you are the one that will feel confident with yourself and radiate a positive energy of confidence. They are just fools who are jealous of your make-up application and of you.
greengrin.gif

Nox

I am a very firm believer that people should style themselves anyway they see fit, especially if it causes no harm to somebody else.

Why should somebody you don't know feel entitled to walk right up to you and trash talk your mannerisms and style? There are people in this world who are very rude! Unfortunately, at the age you are, you will have a hard time with this, especially among your peers.

I think that when you get older, many of these occurrences will pass. You will still have to deal with discriminating folks, but as an adult you may have more resolution and inner strength to toss those comments where they belong (in the proverbial trash), and keep stepping on your fabulous merry way.

There are some famous and not-so-famous men who wear makeup daily as part of their beauty regimen:

Austin Scarlett (Project Runway Season 1 contestant, wears flawless foundation and dazzling lipgloss)

Boy George (Singer, Barbara Walters once said he has the most beautiful blue eyes in the world. He often wears well-applied bright eyeshadow hues that compliment his natural eye color.)

Damone Roberts
(The "Eyebrow King", reknowned makeup artist, has ridiculously perfect manicured brows, and is expert at styling everybody else's brows. He wear lipstick on occasion, and you'll never see him without his bronzer on.

Zac Efron
wears eyeliner, and he has no shame, he does it openly. How do you think his eyes look so fierce all the time? You thought it was natural? Psssh! It ain't so.

Steven "Cojo" Cojukaru (spelling?) Routinely wears a full face of tasteful trendy makeup.

And there are tons more men. And I'm not talking about men like Marilyn Manson who wear it for the pure shock value. I mean guys who wear it for the same reason ladies wear it... for enhancement.

Makeup can indeed be for men. In fact when it was first created, many world cultures reserved makeup for men only. It's only in modern time that the roles reversed.

If people were more educated about this, I doubt there would be as much intolerance in this aspect: when you know better, you do better.

xphoenix06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
I am a very firm believer that people should style themselves anyway they see fit, especially if it causes no harm to somebody else.

Why should somebody you don't know feel entitled to walk right up to you and trash talk your mannerisms and style? There are people in this world who are very rude! Unfortunately, at the age you are, you will have a hard time with this, especially among your peers.

I think that when you get older, many of these occurrences will pass. You will still have to deal with discriminating folks, but as an adult you may have more resolution and inner strength to toss those comments where they belong (in the proverbial trash), and keep stepping on your fabulous merry way.

There are some famous and not-so-famous men who wear makeup daily as part of their beauty regimen:

Austin Scarlett (Project Runway Season 1 contestant, wears flawless foundation and dazzling lipgloss)

Boy George (Singer, Barbara Walters once said he has the most beautiful blue eyes in the world. He often wears well-applied bright eyeshadow hues that compliment his natural eye color.)

Damone Roberts (The "Eyebrow King", reknowned makeup artist, has ridiculously perfect manicured brows, and is expert at styling everybody else's brows. He wear lipstick on occasion, and you'll never see him without his bronzer on.

Zac Efron wears eyeliner, and he has no shame, he does it openly. How do you think his eyes look so fierce all the time? You thought it was natural? Psssh! It ain't so.

Steven "Cojo" Cojukaru (spelling?) Routinely wears a full face of tasteful trendy makeup.

And there are tons more men. And I'm not talking about men like Marilyn Manson who wear it for the pure shock value. I mean guys who wear it for the same reason ladies wear it... for enhancement.

Makeup can indeed be for men. In fact when it was first created, many world cultures reserved makeup for men only. It's only in modern time that the roles reversed.

If people were more educated about this, I doubt there would be as much intolerance in this aspect: when you know better, you do better.

I agree, ppl can tell you their opinions but in the end it's your decision. Many man in asia (famous or not) wear makeup and they're both gay and straight. There are even some cosmetic companies that cater to man too. I think the ppl who have problems w/ this may have a hard time w/ accepting new, and different things. Usually when ppl come to face things that are unusually to them they tend to oppose it.

It's you life and you should be the one to control it, no one else. They can only give you advice and their opinions on what you should do. You take it all in and with your feelings and thoughts decide what you'll do.

Hope things will get better for you, take care!
smiles.gif

genduk26

if you feel comfortable wearing make-up then do it. don't worry what others think. no matter what we do, there are people who don't like us everywhere.
yes.gif

purrtykitty

I've learned that people who talk sh*t are going to talk sh*t regardless. If not about you, then about someone else, and it never has anything to do with the person they're talking sh*t about. The only reason people put others down is to make themselves feel better, whether due to their own insecurities or ignorance. You just keep doing what makes you feel beautiful, because someday you'll come into your own and you'll find friends who truly love you for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

Ignore the small minded people!

Great quote, Tish! Here's one I love that is in the same vein: Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.
heart.gif

Robby_Raynebow

I would really like to thank everyone on this forum who tookj the time to give me there opinions. I will now and forever rock out whatever makeup I have on.

ClaireAvril

Do you!!.. people who talk shit are only jealous.
TISH I am going to remember that quote everyday!! So very true!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.
heart.gif

So love that quote too!!
thmbup.gif

ticki

like everybody else says, do what you want and what makes you happy. as you get older, you'll realize how little it matters about what other people think about you.

life is precious and it is short, so live it how you want and not how other people think you should live. the family situation is tough. perhaps you should have a talk with your parents and let them know how much their words hurt you. let them know that parental love is supposed to be unconditional, and if they truly love you then they will let you be who you are.

Rudyru

I do it to look fierce...and purely for the shock value.

;D

ps. You just popped my posting cherry, thanks. x]

user79

In your age, teens can be ruthless to each other. Everyone wants to fit in and be like everyone else so as not to stand out, anyone who is different is ridiculed or singled out to make fun of. It's group mentality, no one wants to be on the receiving end so they pick on those who are "different" in some way. We've all been there to some extent, I'm sure.

It might be hard now to face this discrimination, but as you get older I think people generally become more tolerant, and peer pressure diminishes. I'd think of a few smart lines to say as comebacks when someone makes a snide remark, so to make them look ridiculous, not you.

It does
get better eventually, being a teen is tough.

Blueeyesangel18

I dont mind if men wear make up to enhance my bf is into metal so I do smudgy eyeliner on him sometimes when he asks, I know another guy who wears dark eyeshadow and liner for a gothic look cuz that is the look and he rocks it and wears black nail polish too and if people discriminate then tough cuz they are missing out on being great friends with that guy its personality that matters and if you wanna wear make up then wear it the only friends worth having are the ones who dont discriminate you for it, sorry long post it just got me thinking
smiles.gif

Septemba

What I love about makeup is the creativity of it, and the fact that it doesn't (or shouldn't) discriminate. It's for everybody who is interested in wearing it. It's art for your face! And to me it is genderless.

Robby I have great respect for people who continue to live their lives the way that THEY want to, regardless of the others who judge them and shoot them down. In my experience these people are the ones who really shine, and go on to do amazing and beautiful things.

glassy girl

Ha i get crazy looks all the time and im a girl! And u no what i no some guys u can beat a face 100 times better than some girls. Some of the best makeup artist out there were and r guys!! Swettie being 15 is a hard age wheter ur a boy who were's makeup or not just b the best u!!!

abbey_08

school years are the hardest ever! it does get easier as you get older...and your parents will grow to accept you. a gay friend of mine came out to his dad recently and at first his dad said he felt like his son had just died, but then he started getting used to the idea - VERY slowly. its just that parents have an idea how they want their kids to be and they worry, just give them a while. they may never 100% accept it but they will soon see it makes you happy and thats the main thing.

i say carry on wearing makeup. when i feel crap about how i look i just think how boring it would be if everyone was perfect and looked the same...the world needs a bit of spice!!!

BEA2LS

i guess it depends on where you live - around here, its not done often but people really dont bat an eye when it is done.
either way, you gotta be happy. i wouldn't fight people who don't agree with you.. its wasted energy as some people wont change their ways. just make sure you surround yourself with love and positve energy and you will be ok. <3

BlkDiva

I see young men (I'm 45) ....when I'm out and about shopping that wear makeup. My opinion? I don't pay their bills nor am I their loved one so it has no baring on me.

I however would not date a man who wore makeup, I think I wear enough for the both of us.

All the best to you in being who you are. You seem to be comfortable in your skin.

Latest posts