Boys In Make-Up...opinions.

Meisje

Men (I am over 30 so I don't want to sound creepy) in makeup are extremely hot. Including nail polish.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I don't have ANY issue with gay men wearing makeup. (I love to see their looks, actually.) Or with emo/punk dudes rocking eyeliner, but hetero dudes rocking makeup? Uhh...no.
nope.gif

I do like for them to get mani/pedi's and to take care of their skin.
girl_devil.gif

Given that you're OK with gay guys, but not straight guys wearing makeup, I have a few questions.

• How gay does a guy have to be to be able to wear makeup? From 100% straight to 100% gay is a continuum with bisexual in the middle. What is the threshold of gayness at which a guy can wear makeup? Is it 30% gay or does he have to be 74% gay?
  • Does it matter whether he's wearing makeup to look feminine/female or wearing masculine makeup?
  • If the acceptability of wearing makeup is determined by the wearer's sexual orientation, should lesbians be allowed to wear makeup and, if not, how lesbian do they have to be before they're no longer allowed to wear makeup?
  • Is there a difference between lipstick lesbians and butch lesbians?
  • Why shouldn't hetero guys be allowed to be creative with their looks?
Just some questions for thought.

Comments?

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Given that you're OK with gay guys, but not straight guys wearing makeup, I have a few questions.

• How gay does a guy have to be to be able to wear makeup? From 100% straight to 100% gay is a continuum with bisexual in the middle. What is the threshold of gayness at which a guy can wear makeup? Is it 30% gay or does he have to be 74% gay?
  • Does it matter whether he's wearing makeup to look feminine/female or wearing masculine makeup?
  • If the acceptability of wearing makeup is determined by the wearer's sexual orientation, should lesbians be allowed to wear makeup and, if not, how lesbian do they have to be before they're no longer allowed to wear makeup?

Comments?

+1000000000000000
yes.gif

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYNALD0C
Army men wear "face paint" haha I joke around with my cousins bf telling him its make up. A lot of men wear make up these days, NOT JUST GAYS AND DRAGS! Straight men like the british, actors and a bunch of other guys use it too. But you guys know all this.

I love make up, I wear it, I even do peoples make up. Im a guy! Theres this super hott asian guy at the MAC store at South Coast Plaza who's an artist, and he's straight! I saw him walk around with red lipstick once. He is to die for. I often go there just to check him out, i usually forget about the make up.

BOYS WHO WEAR MAKE UP ROCK!

Thats my co-worker Jae! He is really cool and talented!!

BloopBloop

one of the coolest guys ive ever known wears makeup and i find it awesome... just that i feel a little self conscious around him when he talks makeup because he can be prettier than me LOL

Rudyru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Thats my co-worker Jae! He is really cool and talented!!

Okay, now I have to see this guy.
th_worship.gif

SparklingWaves

The best natural makeup that I have seen was on a man. Hands down, this man looked totally natural. He had the works on and it was so well done. It was freaking amazing.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me

Comments?

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo missed you times a bazillion when you were gone.

flowerhead

I am a boy who likes wearing makeup, These days I usually just like to look groomed with some touche eclat and powder, but I used to wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara every day. I'm an artist so I saw my face as canvas to decorate, it's nice to add interest and colour.
I don't see how a boy wearing makeup effects anyone. People who get their panties in a twist over it should just calm down and try to be more open-minded! Makeup is a beautiful commodity, if you want to wear it who cares. It's funny how some people think that a man in makeup is a sissy, anyone who deviates from the accepted/norm is quite brave in my book. Everyone has a face so makeup is not gender specific!

lara

Short version: like I give a damn if a dude wears eyeliner or a full face of spackle. All the more power to him.

Male, female, trans, identifying other - as long as you wear the make-up and the make-up doesn't wear you, then do whatever gives you the most satisfaction and confidence about your appearance.

caffn8me

I think anyone who doubts that boys can look good in makeup should just look at BunnyBunnyBunny here. Truly gorgeous!

Chad has done some great work too here - amazing lips and smoking eyes!

ruthless

I honestly don't care what most people do with themselves.

That being said, I'm really not interested in looking at or commenting on the various boys on here that post FOTD showing off their looks.

Why, I can't tell you. I'm just not. It's mainly for the same reason I've learned to avoid certain women's FOTD threads. It just does nothing for me.

But I'm not going to rain on their parade, you know? Go for it.

Rennah

I don't care if guys wear makeup... let them do what they want!

But when it comes to a guy I'm dating... the most I'd ever be comfortable with him wearing is a few spots of concealer & some blistex.

I am attracted to guys wearing eyeliner though...
tong.gif

OfficerJenny

Something I've never understood is why/when makeup became a "women only" sort of thing? Men have just as many skin problems as women do, so why did it ever become taboo for them to cover them up? Does it have somenthing to do with the whole "Men are masculine and can never show any signs of insecurity or weakness so they must wear their splotchy complexion loud and proud!"

Rudyru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Something I've never understood is why/when makeup became a "women only" sort of thing? Men have just as many skin problems as women do, so why did it ever become taboo for them to cover them up? Does it have somenthing to do with the whole "Men are masculine and can never show any signs of insecurity or weakness so they must wear their splotchy complexion loud and proud!"

-vomits-

And thank god we don't have to! xD

sierrao

i feel that guys can wear makeup if it makes them happy, if makeup gives them a boost of confidence let them wear it.

dangerdana

Fuck Gender, Fuck binaries. If you like it do it. I am disgusted by people who dare to impose their hang ups on others by policing their personal expressions in the name of (hetero)normativity. Wear makeup, wear bad makeup, do what you want.

cupcake_x

I'm down with guys wearing make-up. In fact, I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend decided to wear a little. He likes taking care of his hair (he buys pomade and likes his John Freida shampoo+conditioner) and have bought him skin care stuff from the Body Shop.

It's sexy when guys wanna take care of themselves.

BloodMittens

I love boys who wear makeup. Even the straight ones, I went on a date recently with a guy who wore eyeliner 24/7, and he looked amazing with it on.

I also used to date a guy who wore lipstick and eyeshadow on dates with me. Never really bothered me, except sometimes he did his makeup better than me XD

Latest posts