BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

mandragora

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

FYI, the Beaver Moon update just went live on blackphoenixalchemylab.com

dollparts

just discovered this company.. i am so excited now!! where have they been all my life?? Perfume that caters to us dark side people (well in my case anyways)... SWEET!

dollparts

NO =( =(
I don't even know where to start.. I am looking for IMPs on MUA.. hopefully someone kind will swap with me to let me experience these!!!!!!

mi-ke_neko

I enjoy BPAL a whole bunch! Unfortunately now my collection has grown past my wearing ability. Have any of you experienced that? I have rarer stuff that I don't really wear but can't seem to let go either.

MAChostage

I was extremely surprised and pleased with the shipping time of a recent order. I ordered one bottle of a scent and received it in the mail one week later! I have never experienced shipping this fast from BPAL. Let's hope this is the beginning of their norm and not just a trend!

elvinworld

I'm one big BPal fan. I can't believe how fast I've become addicted. Of course, I was always unsatisfied with just one thing, scent, flavour, stye of dress, tattoo etc. I'm in Canada and so I go to the BPal Madness site to buy the bottles and Imps, so it's better for mail time or maybe the same. Also, I might add that it is $11.00 shipping fee for Canada, so for now I won't be doing an order straight from them, but the round about way, if you know what I mean.
tong.gif

Once I discovered Blood Amber, I was gone. I love the Dragon's Blood resin used in all the Ars Draconis collection and some in others. I love Amber, Myrrh, resins because they become stronger and stay longer in the skin. Then I found myself loving Lilies, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang of course, Patchouli, all the Musks (and they aren't used from animals, which really makes that cool for me being a vegetarian, trying to be Vegan). I can't say enough about BPAL perfume oils. There is a scent for every mood you have. That's the way I like it.
winks.gif

widdershins

Yay for BPAL! My name is widdershins on the BPAL boards, coincidentally hehe. Is anyone doing the Inquisition? $49 seems like a steal for a bath oil, perume, AND room spray.
Oh and some of my favorite BPALs are Phoenix Steamworks, Viola, and Aquarius (the newer version). For some reason I can't get enough of Beth's metal note. Brass, gold, rusty copper gimme gimme!

mandragora

Hiya widdershins, I'm mandragora over on BPAL.org too. Nice to 'see' you here as well.

My plea is for L'Estate, what about you?

MAChostage

You guys are so well versed in the notes and can describe what you like so well! That's the thing, I'm not good with the notes, I just know what appeals to my sense of scent. I do know that I typically love the incensey, "head shop" kind of scents,
yummy.gif
and I like musky stuff, too.

I'd not heard about the Inquisition. I'm off to check that out!

Briar

I haven't taken a good look at the Inquisition yet, I'm afraid I'll fall in love and *need* to buy something I really can't afford right now.

My current faves are the grassy, herbaceous scents. One to Tie, Two to Win is my hands-down, all time, ME scent and I can't find it anywhere ( leave it to me to fall head over heels for a very popular limited edition) so I use the one bottle I have sparingly. I also love Lycaon and am falling in love with the lab's chocolate and cocoa notes. Oh, and ginger, oh my gawds GINGER! Shub Niggurauth is divine!!!

What's weird is I never liked sweet fragrances from other perfumers, yet I'm finding myself consistently grabbing the sweet, foody stuff.

I have a couple of scent lockets and that increases my collections wearability considerably because I can wear a different scent each day, and my skin chemistry doesn't interfere.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
My current faves are the grassy, herbaceous scents. One to Tie, Two to Win is my hands-down, all time, ME scent and I can't find it anywhere ( leave it to me to fall head over heels for a very popular limited edition) so I use the one bottle I have sparingly. I also love Lycaon and am falling in love with the lab's chocolate and cocoa notes. Oh, and ginger, oh my gawds GINGER! Shub Niggurauth is divine!!!

Do tell of other grassy/herbaceous BPAL scents you know of!

mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
<snip>
I do know that I typically love the incensey, "head shop" kind of scents,
yummy.gif
and I like musky stuff, too.

Of the musky, incensey types, I love Scherezade(GC), Mme. Moriarty(CD: Act II) and the Illustrated Woman (CD: Act IV). Have you ordered/tried any from the Grindhouse Ladies yet?
Quote:
Do tell of other grassy/herbaceous BPAL scents you know of!

There's Envy (grassy), Green Phoenix (green/herb-y) and Baneberry from Rapaccini's Garden.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandragora
Of the musky, incensey types, I love Scherezade(GC), Mme. Moriarty(CD: Act II) and the Illustrated Woman (CD: Act IV). Have you ordered/tried any from the Grindhouse Ladies yet?

Scherezade is my signature scent! My heart skipped a beat with your other mentions! I'm going to investigate these pronto.

Quote:
There's Envy (grassy), Green Phoenix (green/herb-y) and Baneberry from Rapaccini's Garden.

I had an imp of Envy and I wasn't crazy about it, but maybe I'll try Green Phoenix. Seems like I recall Envy smelling too green for me.

DixieHellcat

Whee, I know y'all! (waves to Briar, widdershins & mandragora) I show a singular lack of imagination in traveling from board to board; I'm dixiehellcat almost everyplace I land. hehe. I have been a member at the BPAL forum for over a year now...the mod at a knitting board got me hooked, actually, & I have done much enabling of others since then. Right now my faves are Dragon Moon's current incarnation, Vixen, April Fool, Upa Upa (of the Tiki Lounge), and like Briar, I lub da Shub!
smiles.gif

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandragora
Hiya widdershins, I'm mandragora over on BPAL.org too. Nice to 'see' you here as well.

My plea is for L'Estate, what about you?

Well I took the quiz and got Primavera, so I ended up going with that. My aunt got L'Autunno so we're gonna decant and trade. You'll have to tell me what you think of L'Estate--I wanted to get that, too!

MAChostage

Thanks so much! I didn't realize that you were talking about the Post.
yes.gif

widdershins

No problem! I just figured out they're selling Goblin Squirts of the Atmosphere Sprays! I'm so excited--I could not justify spending $40 on a room spray.

Latest posts