BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

widdershins

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Ok so...here are the imps ears I plan on getting...(any input would be awesome!)
1.White Rabbit(def. getting this one)
2.Three Brides
3.Azathoth
4.Jabberwocky
5.Isles of Demons
6.Chesire cat
And most likely a full bottle of the Absinthe
***I also love the sound of Siren,Alice,Aelopile,The obsidian widow,The apothecary,The sleeper,The haunted palace.
There's just too many things i want to smell like! lol

I just got an imp of Cheshire Cat and I am in LOVE. Definitely a good choice.

Right now I'm obsessed with finding more Black Lace and Candy Butcher. How come I always obsessively want something AFTER it's been sold out/discontinued?
th_dunno.gif

aleksis210

I'll let everyone know what I get...p.s. it seems like EVERYONE is in love with Morocco, so I'll have to check that one out...

YSLGuy

Another good hint...while searching on the site. If you click on the name of the scent it takes you to BPAL.org which is the BPAL forums and it links directly to the reviews for that scent.

Very helpful and seeing what others think.

I just got my order so now its time to sniff and try. Im ready to place another order, but I just might get some off of ebay instead.

Here is what I got:

5ml of Sticky Pillowcase (Halloween 2008 Limited Edition)

Imps of: (I ordered a six pack and the lab threw in four free ones)
Snake Oil
Thanatopsis
Versailles
Alice
Marie
Paris
Belle Epoque
Vicomte de Valmont
Bluebeard
Satyr

aleksis210

That order came pretty quick, didn't it? Well obv. you have to let's us all know what you think of your goodies.....That was really nice of them to throw in extras!! Thanks for tip!
smiles.gif

YSLGuy

Well so far I have tried Marie (very violet but dries down to a more white floral scent), Versailles (dries down to a pure amber which smells like Play-doh to me) and Paris (PURE unadulterated Lavendar)

More to come later. LOL

MAChostage

Quote:
That order came pretty quick, didn't it? Well obv. you have to let's us all know what you think of your goodies.....That was really nice of them to throw in extras!! Thanks for tip!
smiles.gif

I've noticed that imp orders are arriving quicker lately.
thmbup.gif

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
Well so far I have tried Marie (very violet but dries down to a more white floral scent), Versailles (dries down to a pure amber which smells like Play-doh to me) and Paris (PURE unadulterated Lavendar)

More to come later. LOL

Try Sticky Pillowcase next! Please, haha. I'm wondering if I should get a decant....the reviews still leave me torn.

YSLGuy

^LOL

and today....Sticky Pillowcase.

It was a very interesting sweet smell at first (I thought I detected something of a spicy/cinnamon note so I was nervous)

It mellowed out very nice and sweet soon after putting on. It died down to the exact scent of Smarties later in the day.

Now...a few hours after putting it on (put it on around 9am) it is almost nonexistent. I loved it, but wish it had stayed on longer. Ill defintely keep this one and make it part of my regular fragrance roatation.

If you like sweeter notes its good but not as good as "Eat Me" I think "Eat Me" is by far my favorite BPAL fragrance to date. Its sweet and wonderful (without being sickly sweet)

I used to have Snake Oil but forgot what it's like, so I think that is my one to wear tomorrow

widdershins

Cool! I'm finding out I like a lot of the Mad Tea Party scents. I would have to say that category and Carnavale Diabolique are my ultimate favorites. I wore Mouse's Long and Sad Tale today and it's wonderful. It's tea and cream and swirly peonies...LOVE!

YSLGuy

I need to order more. I have a few on ebay Im watching.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
Cool! I'm finding out I like a lot of the Mad Tea Party scents. I would have to say that category and Carnavale Diabolique are my ultimate favorites. I wore Mouse's Long and Sad Tale today and it's wonderful. It's tea and cream and swirly peonies...LOVE!

Those are all the ones i've been eye-ing as well, so if you have any favs or if you try any new ones let me know!
winks.gif

widdershins

Quote:
Those are all the ones i've been eye-ing as well, so if you have any favs or if you try any new ones let me know!
winks.gif

So far, my favorites are Alice, Cheshire Cat, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Queen Alice, and my absolute must if you love roses: Two, Five, and Seven! HTH
smiles.gif

YSLGuy

I think Im going to try Alice today. Its another one that I tried YEARS ago and dont remember what its like.

YSLGuy

Satyr is incredible. It would be great for your boyfriends/guy friends. It starts off as a really spicy/sexy scent and dries down to a nice warm, masculine scent.

MAChostage

Hmm, Satyr sounds interesting! I've been wondering about good oils for my guy. I can't deal with that "insect spray" kind of scent that a lot of men's fragrances have!

YSLGuy

I think on the BPAL forum (BPAL.org) there is a thread on scents that are great for guys.

I dont wear typical guy fragrances. I hate all that citrusy scents (like bugspray like you said). I go for very incensy scents or sweet/foody scents.

Shimmer

I ordered some imps. I'm trying to love them but...it's not working.
ssad.gif

YSLGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I ordered some imps. I'm trying to love them but...it's not working.
ssad.gif

What did you get?

What kinds of scents do you like?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
What did you get?

What kinds of scents do you like?

Lolita (smells like...almost licorice-y to me and I HATE licorice)
Siren (I smell like an old lady.)
Al-Azif (Is alright. Not one of my favorites.)
Kyoto (I haven't tried it yet.)
Ephemera (Again, is alright.)
Amsterdam (Haven't worn it.)

I like citrusy sweet smells that have NO cinnamon or cardamom.
I have a Memoire Liquide scent that's Lemon and Cane Sugar and it's my favorite smell ever. EVER ever. I may just stick with it.
smiles.gif

YSLGuy

You might like:

Snake Oil (one of my faves)
Embalming Fluid
Delirium (?)
Zephyr
Fairy Market

Some of the new YULE stuff looks good. Im thinking about ordering these next:
Butterum Cookies
Gelt