BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

MAChostage

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I like citrusy sweet smells that have NO cinnamon or cardamom.
I have a Memoire Liquide scent that's Lemon and Cane Sugar and it's my favorite smell ever. EVER ever. I may just stick with it.
smiles.gif

I second Embalming Fluid. Try Dorian, also.

YSLGuy

Oh yeah...Dorian is lovely. It really does have the soft scent of like tea, honey, lemon and sugar.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. Inspired by and created for my beloved Tedwin: my eternal, beautiful, wicked Dorian Gray. Refined, elegant, and lovely, with a noble bearing and seemingly gentle air. This blend is an artful deception: a sweet gilded blossom lying over a twisted and corrupted core. A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea."

revinn

I placed my first order with BPAL today! I got two sets of imps. I purchased:
O
White Rabbit
Mouse’s Long & Sad Tale
Eat Me
Drink Me
Dana O’Shee
Snake Oil
Alice
Jack
Katrina Van Tassel
Cockaigne
Black Rose

I hope I love them! I'm such a fragrance freak, and I absolutely love the atmosphere of BPAL.

YSLGuy

You got alot of my favorites (Eat Me, Snake Oil, Dana O Shee)

Kinderwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
You might like:

Snake Oil (one of my faves)
Embalming Fluid
Delirium (?)
Zephyr
Fairy Market

Some of the new YULE stuff looks good. Im thinking about ordering these next:
Butterum Cookies
Gelt
Lick it like you mean it
Midnight Mass
Snow Bunny

Oh, I LOVE Snow Bunny. It's so light and... well, not fruity, exactly, although it does make me think of citrus. And if Lick It Like You Mean It is anything like the regular Lick It of old, it's DIVINE. Smells like candy canes. I wear it all through November and December.

MAChostage

Ooh, you got some good ones there! I think you're gonna love BPAL! (I really have *got* to try Dana O'Shee!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
I placed my first order with BPAL today! I got two sets of imps. I purchased:
O
White Rabbit
Mouse’s Long & Sad Tale
Eat Me
Drink Me
Dana O’Shee
Snake Oil
Alice
Jack
Katrina Van Tassel
Cockaigne
Black Rose

I hope I love them! I'm such a fragrance freak, and I absolutely love the atmosphere of BPAL.

malaliath

I love the different scents in the bottles - I love all the different notes and how well they suit their descriptions...

...yet - so weird! ... every single one I've tried (and I put the TRACEST amount on) - makes me feel ridiculously nauseous within a half hour.
ssad.gif
I don't know why and it makes me so sad! (I should add this happened before I was pregnant!) I wish I knew why.

MAChostage

Aww! It sure would be nice if you could single out the culprit ingredient(s)! What are some of the scents you've tried?

malaliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Aww! It sure would be nice if you could single out the culprit ingredient(s)! What are some of the scents you've tried?

I don't have my little box in front of me, but I know I went through and couldn't match up what was bothering me. It was worse with the scents that contained amber, though. Scents that I know I tried were Imp, Ouija, Voodoo, Danse Macabre, Jack, Snake Oil, Seance, Glasgow (this was the only one I could tolerate for a whole day), Zombi ... There were more but unfortunately I can't think of them off the top of my head. I love them so much in the bottle - I might have more luck using them as room scents since the nausea seems to hit once they mingle with my body chemistry. My husband still thought they smelled nice on me so it's not like I turned them into grossness,
th_roll1.gif
but I have no idea what excited the
throwup.gif
feeling in me. I'm not particularly prone to nausea so I'm totally not sure what was up with that. I've tried again a few times with much the same result. I wear more "commercial" fragrances (for lack of a better term) without difficulty. Totally weird!!

I have still referred a few friends to BPAL who have loved it, at least!!

YSLGuy

I just ordered:
BeaverVersary
Candy Phoenix
Gelt

and I'm stalking a few on ebay. LOL

revinn

Soooo..I ended up finding a very kind woman on the forum, who sold me 26 imps for $66 (including S&H). I'm currently waiting on:
Antique Lace/decant
Bengal/imp
Cockaigne/imp
Dana O’Shee/imp
Dorian/imp
Drink Me/imp
Eat Me/imp
Eclipse/imp
Eden/imp
Grog/imp
Haunted/inp
Hellcat/imp
Jack/imp
Kill-Devil/imp
Kubla Khan/decant
Miskatonic University/imp
Mouse’s Long & Sad Tale/imp
O/imp
Snake Oil/imp
White Rabbit/imp
Bastet/imp
Hollywood Babylon/imp
Lyonesse/imp
Black Pearl/imp
Hymn to Proserpine/imp
Dragon’s Milk/imp

YSL, tell me how you like Beaver'versary when it comes in, the description really catches my eye.

YSLGuy

Awesome haul^

I'll be sure to post about the new ones I get. I just added a very long wishlist to my MUA account.

SMMY

I got a bunch of the Yule scents and joined a decant circle, so I have several decants on their way to me.
My favorites so far are Jacob's Ladder, a gorgeous soft resin scent and Fearful Pleasure, a quintessential autumny apple scent. Ordered a second Bottle of Fearful Pleasure since I love it so much. Badger from the wind in the willows collection is also lovely. Its very earthy and grounding.

Also ordered BeaverVersary and the legendary Snake Charmer. Can't wait for these, especially Snake Charmer. The description alone sounds perfect for winter:
Quote:
Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn

YSL, tell me how you like Beaver'versary when it comes in, the description really catches my eye.

Please do, YSL! Does anyone know what Snake Charmer is/was like? The description sounds fantastic, and I'd love to hear from someone who has actually smelled and/or worn it!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I got a bunch of the Yule scents and joined a decant circle, so I have several decants on their way to me.
My favorites so far are Jacob's Ladder, a gorgeous soft resin scent and Fearful Pleasure, a quintessential autumny apple scent. Ordered a second Bottle of Fearful Pleasure since I love it so much. Badger from the wind in the willows collection is also lovely. Its very earthy and grounding.

I can't find Fearful Pleasure on the site. Which category does it fall under?

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
I can't find Fearful Pleasure on the site. Which category does it fall under?

Unfortunately it was a LE Halloween scent. Beth pulled them down on the 19th of this month.
ssad.gif

revinn

I got my order! A lot of the stuff I thought I'd love, I wasn't crazy about, and a lot of the stuff I wasn't excited for, I loved! I have to say, Miskatonic University and Dorian are definitely my favorites. I'm going to put in a big bottle order this week!
smiles.gif