BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

MAChostage

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

^^ Ooh great! Let me know how you like Haunted and White Rabbit!
(I wore Dorian today myself.
thmbup.gif
)

revinn

White Rabbit is awesome. It smells like citronella on me when wet, but the drydown is pure tea and linen. Haunted smelled great in the imp, and I had high hopes for it (I love amber!), but alas, some part of my skin chemistry made it go horribly wrong. I was very disappointed.

YSLGuy

I got my CnS for my Holiday order. I can't wait to try them!

vikitty

I'm a BPAL nut! Have almost 100 imps and 4 big bottles... with another on the way.
greengrin.gif

Today I wore Poisoned Apple. :3 Tomorrow I am going to wear Xmas Rose.
greengrin.gif

MAChostage

BUMP!
winkiss.gif

So I received my Candy Phoenix and Resurrected Snake Charmer. I'm really enjoying Candy Phoenix, particularly since I'm not much into scents that smell "edible", but this one pleases me. The Snake Charmer is okay for me. Very "spicy", I find I have to really use this one with a light hand.

I guess I will always be shamelessly in love with Scherezade and Marianne, these are just my absolute faves!

vikitty

YES! I love the lab's apple!

Verdandi is my fave. Fresh green apples with a bit of herbs
The Hesperides is a sweeter apple
Poisoned Apple is apple with hemlock -- it smells more perfume-y on me as it dries down.
I tried the rare LE Snow Glass Apples but I didn't like it. It just smelled like generic perfume on me.
Coral Snake is Snake Oil with apples and other fruits/flowers.
Ladon is Dragon's Blood with apples
Eve is a very light apple scent with honey and rose. I really have to slather this on as it's a very light scent.

YSLGuy

Beaverarrsey is okay. It smells great when you first put it on, but it doesnt seem to last very long.

Gelt is AMAZING!!! Its such a wonderful combo of chocolate and amber. Candy Phoenix is great as well.

MAChostage

I get more *women* who tell me that I smell "great" when I wear Candy Phoenix. Funny, LOL! I've not had a man comment on it yet. My honey has said nothing so that usually means he either doesn't like it or, more likely, can take or leave it. I am really loving Candy Phoenix, though, it has really grown on me. So much so, I just ordered another bottle.

MAChostage

So is "Novel Ideas For Secret Amusements" part of this Lupercalia update? I hadn't seen the info on Lupercalia until I read your post. I'm digging Novel Ideas, though.

KristyVictoria

I really wish BPAL would focus on quality, not quantity - they have such a huge catalog that I know there must be tons of redundant and mediocre scents and it really turns me off. Plus, the wait for products is ridiculous - at one point I waited over two months for my order.

YSLGuy

The long wait is why I ususally try to find scents I want on ebay or MUA. I typically only order directly from the site if its something I really want and cant find anywhere else, or its an update at Halloween or the Holidays.

revinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
So is "Novel Ideas For Secret Amusements" part of this Lupercalia update? I hadn't seen the info on Lupercalia until I read your post. I'm digging Novel Ideas, though.

Yep! So is Ode to Aphrodite. I'm putting in a huge order today, and I'm so excited!
1 5ml of Dorian
1 5ml of Miskatonic University
1 5ml of Agrat-Bat-Malaht
1 5ml of Lady Una
1 5ml of Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil
1 5ml of Daiyu
1 5ml of Theodosius, The Legerdemain
1 Six Pack of Imps:
- Velvet
- Antikythera Mechanism
- Black Opal
- Tombstone
- Death Cap
- Darkness

MAChostage

What a great haul! Why am I thinking that Miskatonic University was L/E? I do hear that one mentioned regularly as a well-liked one. Let us know what you think of your scents when you receive them.

MAChostage

Ok, so now I've been thrown for a loop with the Lab's apple note. Today I received my imp order of: Verdandi, The Hesperides, Ladon, Dragon's Heart, Shango and Bon Vivant. I ordered the first three based on your response to my apple note request, and then selected three others that I've been wanting to try. Oh! And they threw in Black Lotus and Squirting Cucumber (<-- LOVE that name!). Here's the really weird thing for me right now: they all basically smell the same to me! Well, except for Black Lotus, maybe. Don't get me wrong, I like every one of them, but I also don't smell any (what I know of as) apple. These all seem to have the same top "exotic bubblegummy" kind of note to my nose.

I fear that my "note sense" is not as well-developed and well-versed as I'd hope it was becoming.
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikitty
YES! I love the lab's apple!

Verdandi is my fave. Fresh green apples with a bit of herbs
The Hesperides is a sweeter apple
Poisoned Apple is apple with hemlock -- it smells more perfume-y on me as it dries down.
I tried the rare LE Snow Glass Apples but I didn't like it. It just smelled like generic perfume on me.
Coral Snake is Snake Oil with apples and other fruits/flowers.
Ladon is Dragon's Blood with apples
Eve is a very light apple scent with honey and rose. I really have to slather this on as it's a very light scent.

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
Yep! So is Ode to Aphrodite. I'm putting in a huge order today, and I'm so excited!
1 5ml of Dorian
1 5ml of Miskatonic University
1 5ml of Agrat-Bat-Malaht
1 5ml of Lady Una
1 5ml of Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil
1 5ml of Daiyu
1 5ml of Theodosius, The Legerdemain
1 Six Pack of Imps:
- Velvet
- Antikythera Mechanism
- Black Opal
- Tombstone
- Death Cap
- Darkness

Mmmm, Death Cap is becoming one of my favorites. Its so earthy, yet light... really a paradoxical scent.

I'm becoming obsessed with the lab's chocolate notes, and I missed all of the "box of chocolates" oils, will have to seek them out through sales. I also love their apple note, but I prefer it in simpler blends where the apple is at the forefront, like Poisoned Apple and Snow, Glass, Apples. Delicious!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
I also love their apple note, but I prefer it in simpler blends where the apple is at the forefront, like Poisoned Apple and Snow, Glass, Apples. Delicious!

Maybe this is what I'll be able to appreciate more!

makeba

there is sooo much to this site its overwhelming. i need some help in finding some nice sultry sweet amber scents. not dark but light. can anyone help me?

MAChostage

^^ You're right, the site can be VERY overwhelming! The two things that help me: 1) do a search on the word AMBER with their search feature and, 2) read the BPAL forums. They've got a great recommendation forum. Hope you enjoy!