BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

YSLGuy

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

Me! Me! I love BPAL

I used to be a HUGE collector a few years back but stopped and got rid of my stash, and have just recently been trying to acquire some new ones. I am going to order sticky pillowcase soon as I love sweet scents.

I am currently obsessed with "Eat Me"

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGuy
Me! Me! I love BPAL

I used to be a HUGE collector a few years back but stopped and got rid of my stash, and have just recently been trying to acquire some new ones. I am going to order sticky pillowcase soon as I love sweet scents.

I am currently obsessed with "Eat Me"

You'll have to tell me how you like it. I find all of the Halloweenies fascinating, even though extremely sweet scents don't really do it for me. I am really torn because I think I need Ichabod, but I dunno if "wool" would work on me.

YSLGuy

I have difficulty buyin them when I dont know exactly how they would smell based on the descriptions.

The bottles I want now are Paris, Marie, and Versailles. Do you see a common thread there? LOL

MAChostage

Quote:
I have difficulty buyin them when I dont know exactly how they would smell based on the descriptions.

The bottles I want now are Paris, Marie, and Versailles. Do you see a common thread there? LOL

Girl, just have some fun with it, buy imps whenever possible. I just bought my first "sight (smell) unseen" bottle -- actually 2 bottles, based solely upon recs for red musk (which I LOVE!) in the BPAL forums. I sure hope I'm pleased, but I believe I will be!

UPDATE: I've received my Marianne and Mme. Moriarty, the two bottles mentioned above (both from Diabolique). I LOVE them! I'm so glad I was able to pinpoint the fact that it was the red musk that I am just in love with!

Another Update: Uh-Oh, Mme. Moriarty is turning out to be a bit too patchouli-ish on me. AND... I just had to order another bottle of Marianne!

YSLGuy

Well I finally placed my first order in about two years.

I purchased Sticky Pillowcase and got a six pack of imps (Marie, Versailles, Vicomte De Valmont, Paris, Snake Oil and Belle Epoque)

Now for the looooonnngggg wait. LOL

frankenkitty71

I'm so excited to read about everyone's favorite scent. My husband introduced me to bpal after seeing an add in my BUST magazine. (Neil Gaiman series) I wear Desire mixed with Bath and Body Works sandalwood rose (discontinued but all over eBay) and I get so many compliments. Their only downside is how long it takes to receive an order. I usually get a bunch at a time to hold me over until my next order can be filled. Overall I LOVE BPAL!

Kinderwhore

I looove BPAL, although I haven't bought anything from them in ages since I have enough to last the entire population of a mid-sized country for five years now. My favourite scent is probably Jailbait. It's so amazingly sickly sweet, which goes well with how I usually dress like a 7-year old with a substance abuse problem. Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo and Bordello are also favourites of mine. And all through November, December and sometimes January I'll wear Lick It
smiles.gif

YSLGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinderwhore
I looove BPAL, although I haven't bought anything from them in ages since I have enough to last the entire population of a mid-sized country for five years now. My favourite scent is probably Jailbait. It's so amazingly sickly sweet, which goes well with how I usually dress like a 7-year old with a substance abuse problem. Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo and Bordello are also favourites of mine. And all through November, December and sometimes January I'll wear Lick It
smiles.gif

I love Jailbait

S.S.BlackOrchid

I really want to try BPAL, but don't know which one to get. I like warm, spicy, almond-y scents that are a bit sweet, but not extremely sugary or powdery. Any recommendations will be very welcome!!!
greengrin.gif

MAChostage

The BPAL forums are a great place to get recs (I read there all the time for them). I also like warm, spicy scents, but I don't think I've tried any with almond in them. I just did a search on "almond" in the forums, as a matter of fact, and *all kinds* of stuff came up! I'm sure you'll find some scents to your liking! Be sure to let us know what you end up with and what you think.

YSLGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
I really want to try BPAL, but don't know which one to get. I like warm, spicy, almond-y scents that are a bit sweet, but not extremely sugary or powdery. Any recommendations will be very welcome!!!
greengrin.gif

These might be good for you try:

[SIZE=-2]Seraglio[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Ars Amatoria[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]In long-ago Arabia, harem girls rubbed an herbal poultice formed from a blend of sensual, luxuriant herbs and oils onto their bodies to prepare themselves for the Sultan's pleasure. This lush, indulgent perfume is based on that ancient formula. Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Inferno[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Bewitching Brews[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Blood Phoenix[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]11/18/07-1/15/08[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Limited Editions[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Blood: expressing passion, will, and a sensual aesthetic.
Dragon's blood resin, helichrysum, burgundy wine grape, red musk, opoponax, red poppy, myrrh, carnation, tonka, almond, mimosa, jonquil, and neroli.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Eden[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wanderlust[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Port-Au-Prince[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]fka Old Port-Au-Prince[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wanderlust[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Dark, decadent and incomparably exotic: the rich scent of buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras.[/SIZE]

Dana Oshee always had a sweet almond like smell to me

[SIZE=-2]Dana O'Shee[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Bewitching Brews[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]In Irish folklore the Dana O'Shee are a fae, elven people that live in a realm of beauty, their nobility akin to our that own Age of Chivalry, eternally beautiful and eternally young. They surround themselves with the pleasures of the Arts, they live for the hunt, and to this day can be seen riding in procession through the Irish countryside at twilight, led by their King and Queen. However, the Dana O'Shee are not benevolent creatures, despite what their unearthly beauty may imply. They are vengeful and treacherous and possess a streak of mischievous malice, and many have whispered that their true home lies deep in the shadowed groves of the Realm of the Dead. Hearing even a single chord of their otherworldly music leaves one stunned and lost to the mortal realms for ever, finding themselves prey to the Dana O'Shee's hunt or enslaved in their Court as servants or playthings. Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.[/SIZE]

aleksis210

Oh wow...I just checked that place out and of course they sold me right away because I'm into Tarot/legends/folklore/mythology/poetry etc. etc. etc. and I love Alice in Wonderland and anything paranormal/scary, I've got to have 'absinthe' as well...haha. Can't believe I've never heard of this place before...I do have ONE question...I don't know why but I'm kind of afraid I'll smell like room spray or incense..does that make sense? Anyway, does anyone feel this way about their bpal scents or do I have it totally backwards? Enlighten me! lol TIA!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Oh wow...I just checked that place out and of course they sold me right away because I'm into Tarot/legends/folklore/mythology/poetry etc. etc. etc. and I love Alice in Wonderland and anything paranormal/scary, I've got to have 'absinthe' as well...haha. Can't believe I've never heard of this place before...I do have ONE question...I don't know why but I'm kind of afraid I'll smell like room spray or incense..does that make sense? Anyway, does anyone feel this way about their bpal scents or do I have it totally backwards? Enlighten me! lol TIA!

As to enlightening you, believe me, you have found your niche.
choochoo.gif
You will love BPAL, it's right up your alley! To answer your question though, smelling incense-y can be a strong possibility and I speak this from first-hand experience, as it's one of the things that attracted me to some of the oils to begin with. But don't let that deter you, because you'll hear comments about the "head shop" feel of BPAL's scents everywhere. I truly believe that everyone's signature scent(s) resides at BPAL, the scents really are so diverse. I haven't gone near commercial scents since I discovered BPAL. If you are willing to be patient and enjoy the pleasure of sampling different oils, you will surely find notes that you never knew you loved! People will be intrigued with "the scent of you", and isn't this why we scent ourselves in the first place?
winkiss.gif

YSLGuy

Some are incensy but some are not. You will find the right one for you eventually and love it.

I like sweeter scents and go for those. A good way to try them is get the imps (sample bottles of the scents) before you commit to buying a whole bottle.

Also..check Ebay for BPAL.

Patricia

i hate incense, hate it with a passion! so i'm kinda scared to try these
ssad.gif

aleksis210

Ok so...here are the imps ears I plan on getting...(any input would be awesome!)
1.White Rabbit(def. getting this one)
2.Three Brides
3.Azathoth
4.Jabberwocky
5.Isles of Demons
6.Chesire cat
And most likely a full bottle of the Absinthe
***I also love the sound of Siren,Alice,Aelopile,The obsidian widow,The apothecary,The sleeper,The haunted palace.
There's just too many things i want to smell like! lol

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
These might be good for you try:

[SIZE=-2]Seraglio[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Ars Amatoria[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]In long-ago Arabia, harem girls rubbed an herbal poultice formed from a blend of sensual, luxuriant herbs and oils onto their bodies to prepare themselves for the Sultan's pleasure. This lush, indulgent perfume is based on that ancient formula. Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Inferno[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Bewitching Brews[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Blood Phoenix[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]11/18/07-1/15/08[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Limited Editions[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Blood: expressing passion, will, and a sensual aesthetic.
Dragon's blood resin, helichrysum, burgundy wine grape, red musk, opoponax, red poppy, myrrh, carnation, tonka, almond, mimosa, jonquil, and neroli.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Eden[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wanderlust[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Port-Au-Prince[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]fka Old Port-Au-Prince[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wanderlust[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Dark, decadent and incomparably exotic: the rich scent of buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras.[/SIZE]

Dana Oshee always had a sweet almond like smell to me

[SIZE=-2]Dana O'Shee[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Bewitching Brews[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]In Irish folklore the Dana O'Shee are a fae, elven people that live in a realm of beauty, their nobility akin to our that own Age of Chivalry, eternally beautiful and eternally young. They surround themselves with the pleasures of the Arts, they live for the hunt, and to this day can be seen riding in procession through the Irish countryside at twilight, led by their King and Queen. However, the Dana O'Shee are not benevolent creatures, despite what their unearthly beauty may imply. They are vengeful and treacherous and possess a streak of mischievous malice, and many have whispered that their true home lies deep in the shadowed groves of the Realm of the Dead. Hearing even a single chord of their otherworldly music leaves one stunned and lost to the mortal realms for ever, finding themselves prey to the Dana O'Shee's hunt or enslaved in their Court as servants or playthings. Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.[/SIZE]

Thanks so much!
greengrin.gif
Those sound heavenly.

MAChostage

I've not tried any of those (yet!), although I kind of want to try The Haunted Palace, but I've been reading that it's very orangey which, if it is, I know I won't like it much.
ssad.gif
Post back with what you end up getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Ok so...here are the imps ears I plan on getting...(any input would be awesome!)
1.White Rabbit(def. getting this one)
2.Three Brides
3.Azathoth
4.Jabberwocky
5.Isles of Demons
6.Chesire cat
And most likely a full bottle of the Absinthe
***I also love the sound of Siren,Alice,Aelopile,The obsidian widow,The apothecary,The sleeper,The haunted palace.
There's just too many things i want to smell like! lol

Latest posts