Breast Augmentation?

kristina ftw!

Kayte, that's so exciting! Congrats! I'd love to read your blog about it as well
smiles.gif

Oh btw, did you get my PM about me going to London on the 5th? Miss talking to ya, babe!

Kayteuk

OOO I didnt...It may of been the day I locked myself out the account. On the 5th of feb I am not in the UK though :'(. We shall meet someday fellow dior girl! LOL!

ruthless

I had cohesive gels done and I'm so glad I went with them and not saline. Because they're gel, they really can't rupture. Even if somehow the casing was compromised, it wouldn't matter because it's a gel-like a gummy bear.

I also had to have a lift, so I have lollipop scars. All of my complications came from that-gels + lift =12000. Yes, 12000. Under the muscle. It f*cking HURTS, lol. I had 650cc gels.

I was so, so swollen for so long the skin and tissue ended up dropping and a year later I had to have the lift revised, which I would have had anyways since I had major, major issues with scarring-my invisible sutures split in various places on my right boob (dubbed frankenboob) and I had a hole you could place your pinky finger into at the bottom where my new crease was that leaked plasma for weeks. When it finally healed the scar tissue attached itself to the muscle wall and I had a visible dent.

After my revision, all that was fixed. I had the first procedure done in 2006. After the first, I lost all feeling in my left nipple, and the right was very sensitive.

After the second procedure, it came back. Nerve endings...can be weird!! My plastic surgeon didn't take any chances second time around and my nipples are now pretty high on the actual boob.

Even so I'm glad I had them done. They look good now, even with scars. Am I 100 percent happy? Nope. But they're better than they were before by a thousand.

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
Well I can reccomend Dr Galumbeck.
Hes really cool and one of the best, he also gave me a medical student discount of 1/5th of my cost!
Also if the breast implants burst due to car accident or anything else, the implant company replaces them for free and pays the cost of your surgery, so I am pretty excited, and the implants are good for life, I just have to get checked up at a medical once yearly by any doctor.

And because of the discount, my fella is paying the surgery with his tax rebate :) What a guy! LOL!

I'd be really concerned if my doctor said that my implants were good "for life" (unless of course you're a bit older so there's a possibility of this being a 1 time surgery)...what brand are your implants going to be? Because Mentor (the brand that makes my cohesive gels) only gives you a 10 year warranty. Most Drs recommend replacement around 10 years anyways. Also, generally the implant company WILL NOT pay all of your surgeons fees (I would get *up to* $2400 towards anesthesia, etc according to Mentor), just the cost of the implants. And thats only AFTER your surgery (like a rebate) after they inspect the damaged implants. Also, depending on your implants (salines vs gels) you will need an MRI to detect rupture, which will also be another OOP expense, as there is a very slim chance insurance will cover it.

I could be wrong, but this is what every PS I've consulted in my area has told me.

Kayteuk

My surgery notes here say that they are for life and all my costs are covered if I get in to a accident (Including surgeon fees) . I am positive its not Mentor I am getting, Ill get a email from my PS and mail it to you.

fingie

^^Well then it could be a Dr specific warranty. (But then what do you do if s/he passes away? Does it extend to another Dr?) Because I do know of some Drs that will wave certain fees for some revisions.

And I looked up both warranties for Inamed/Allergan & Mentor and they seem to be pretty much the same

Inamed/Allergan-- Confidence Plus Premier Warranty Information
Mentor-- Breast Implant Warranty - Breast Augmentation Financing and Breast Implant Cost - Cosmetic Surgery - Mentor

And IIRC they are the 2 most common manufacturers in the US

BTW, Im not trying to start any drama or anything, Im just really curious about what brand offers that kind of warranty & whatnot
smiles.gif

Kayteuk

My dr is about 30 so I don't think he will pass away soon, if he does it will go to another dr at the clinic, money isnt a problem for me so if he passes away I don't mind going to another surgeon.
The brand name isn't on any paperwork I have so when I go for my 2nd consult I will find out and get back to you.

I am pretty definite about it being a life long implant and them covering full amount including surgeon fees as I just called my partner to confirm I got it correct.

Kayteuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless

I also had to have a lift, so I have lollipop scars. All of my complications came from that-gels + lift =12000. Yes, 12000. Under the muscle. It f*cking HURTS, lol. I had 650cc gels.

Oh my days! I am having 3 procedures including my breasts and I am not paying that much at all, not even half of that much
thmbdn.gif
Thats INSANE!

Without a discount my surgery would of been 8000 but 12000 seems so pricey...

ruthless

It differs regionally. Cohesive gels by the doctor I went to were 7000. If I'd had them done in Vancouver, it would have been about a thousand less. The lift was about 3700 so it was just under 12 grand. I was pretty much out of commission for a good 2 weeks after the operation so it was worth it not to have to travel.

Kayteuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
It differs regionally. Cohesive gels by the doctor I went to were 7000. If I'd had them done in Vancouver, it would have been about a thousand less. The lift was about 3700 so it was just under 12 grand. I was pretty much out of commission for a good 2 weeks after the operation so it was worth it not to have to travel.

Wow.... I guess its not that bad then
thmbup.gif

I will be in the US to get mine done and fly home 2 weeks later, the travel part reminded me of something my PS said...

"Whatever you do, make sure your boyfriend does not take you down 294, the bumps on that road will hurt and you will end up screaming at him!
cry.gif
"

I scream at him anyway everytime we go down that road...
greengrin.gif

Is traveling home from the surgery really awful or is it okay? My PS said I will be fine going home as my boyfriends Mom is staying, shes a nurse and will keep a eye on me. But I am still a worry pot about the operation, but its not going to stop me going
choochoo.gif

Latest posts