Breast Augmentation?

lovelyweapon

Ok I kind of jumped when I saw this post! LOL

For one, I had the surgery done April of last year. I can go into essays of what the procedure was like and advice/tips but to avoid straying from the subject, I will give you my obviously biased opinion on this matter. Here goes:

You're gonna get a lot of hate and this is inevitable. I openly make jokes about my boobs all the time, but I also hear people criticizing other (not mine because I don't tend to dress provocatively) women's breast implants very often. I don't take it personally, but I can see sometimes it is difficult for society to accept the fact that breast augmentation is not like lipo or the gastric bypass (my mom did that since she was diabetic) in the sense where there is no way around getting your boobs bigger other than surgery. If you tend to be sensitive to other's comments, this surgery may not be for you. You have to make sure you are doing it for yourself and nobody else.

However, enough talking about other people. Though it may sound cliche and whatnot, you only have one life to live! The way I look at it is that if you are old enough to make mature and responsible decisions (which I'm sure you are!) nothing should stand in your way. I only oppose of surgery when I see a very insecure girl who just wants to have like a million surgeries at the same time and gets them for all the wrong reasons. IMO, just like your mom said, if you get them to make YOURSELF happy you will end up happy. I have a boyfriend, but I chose the cup size I wanted and only asked him for insight in making the decision of the surgery, very little input! lol It has to come from you 100%

If you decide to do a consultation or continue w/ the process you can PM me and I'll help you out as much as possible! Good luck with the decision and give it some time before committing yourself! HTH

glam8babe

i havent had my boobs done.. yet! lol i really wanna get them done when im about 20-21ish because i hate how mine are.
I dont really know what to tell you because i havent had the experience, but good luck in whatever you decide
smiles.gif
x

pumpkincat210

I say go for it you want to, but make sure you've weighed all the risks. My aunt had hers done along time ago and they leaked and gave her all kinds of health problems, but with today's harder silicone i don't "think" that happens as often. And yeah it's recommended you have to have them replaced after 10 years. I've had 3 kids and often thought of doing them but i'm going to wait awhile because i'm still unsure of the risks (botched job and death), even if i did go to a good doctor.
In my other opinion I think the best pictures of women with implants is that the people with the best jobs are between 25 and 40 years old. I'm not sure if young people don't look as great because they haven't finished developing or if they don't choose a good doctor because they don't have alot of money or are less informed and choose any doctor rather than a great one.
Oh and if you get one don't get one too big.. looking completely fake is a bad thing! And b's aren't a bad size, there is nothing wrong with any size and if you ask most guys they say size doesn't matter . But it definatly comes down to your decision and if it will make you feel great then go for it.

jdepp_84

I honestly say go for it! If I could and had the money mine would def have gotten a bit bigger. I am in between an A and a B and its super hard to find good bras and stuff. I am so glad to hear your mom is supporting you in this. My mom would have a heart attack, but then again, here is the women that always want to be better than me.......

eye_pr0mise

I think you should go for it. You seem pretty confident
in yourself that you know what you want and that people
wont phase you. & it seems like you have a very good
support system (your mom, husband, and most likely the
rest of your family).
but either way, good luck on the decision.

little teaser

i think if its really something you want to do, "go for it"
i had my breast augmentation 10 years ago and i love them
i was really nervous about haveing surgery but everything went well and i was back to work only after a few days,
like you mention it is good to have them replace which i do plan to do in the near future but they still look the same and still very perky, the only thing im haveing trouble is if i want to replace them with saline (what i have now) or go with silicone, i know this sounds weird but i like the fake look you get from saline, but the real feel you get from silicone..

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
This is something that I've really been thinking about. I can't decide which one to do! I like the shape that the saline gives.. (If I'm going to pay for them.. I kind of want them to look like I paid for them!!) But silicone does feel more natural. But it's more expensive. Silicone is $5000 and saline is $3700.. but I was reading that silicone is heavier so they do cause extra weight and can sag more than saline in the future. I'm really torn.

That's one thing a good doctor will help you figure out. You should also discuss the health risks with each one. I've had 4 friends get it done and 2 turned out good and 2 not so good. My friend with the saline implant had one of hers leak and now her breasts aren't the same size and she can't afford to have it fixed because she is still paying off the first job. The silicone ones look better IMO as my other two friends have and didn't really have any sagging when i saw them, and since you were going more for shape than size i wouldn't worry to much about the sag, it is inevetible with both kinds. When they drop a bit from the initial surgery is when they look the most natural but with even contouring.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
HOLY SHIT that is HORRIBLE I say we start her a fund, poor girl. One thing too.. (I haven't been to my own consultation, just with my mom) if something happens with saline and it leaks, you know.. With silicone, if for some horrible reason it leaks there is no way to tell. They recommend an MRI ever three years.
*sigh* I don't know. At least I'm thinking about it and not rushing into it, right?

I know there is no simple answer, it's a really big decision with big risks. I want a lift along with implants eventually, but i'm not going to do it if they have to make that scar going down from your nipple. That just defeats the whole purpose of having pretty breasts for me. Do you ever plan to breastfeed? Sometimes you can't after implants, but i think they are getting better about not blocking the milk ducts or whatever happens. I have looked at so many before and after pictures and some women really got butchered while others look great. I'm just a sissy about it though.

Yeah, we should start her a fund. I think the original doctor offered to replace it for a smaller fee, but she is weary about going back to him. In the meantime, her implant is slowly leaking. she'd only had them for a year! I saw her in a bathing suit top and felt pretty bad for her since one is ginormous and the other one is noticeably smaller. I personally think she got them too big because now its the only thing you notice about her and she is really pretty.

On another note, is their such a thing as boob insurance?

lovelyweapon

Yes there is such a thing as boob insurance -- it costs a lot of money but can be very much worth it in the end. I personally chose saline and my implants have a very natural shape to them, but still super perky. I was afraid of exactly what you said -- silicone leaking and you not being able to notice. I prefer to notice immediately if there is something wrong with my boobs! lol

The surgeon I went to had not had a single leakage/breakage on any implant in over 20 years (I did research and found this was true) or a case of capsular contracture. What I mean to say by this is that a good doctor will create a properly placed pocket that will most likely never cause leakage. You can breast feed perfectly if you get the implant under/behind the muscle (if they are saline they will be perkier and not cause "ripples") and it is generally safer just a bit more painful in recovery. Also, this method turns out safer for mammograms, etc.

You should definitely visit this forum: BreastImplants411.com Discussion Forum The girls on there are so helpful and you will learn SO much. Also, they could probably recommend a great surgeon in Utah or Salt Lake for you. There are tons of girls on there I'm sure one will help you out!

One more thing! I did my surgery through the areola which left NO scar whatsoever. The incision through the aerola scared me at first, but I can't imagine having done it through the armpit and leaving a scar. Ok done with the essay!

little teaser

i had a baby after my augmentation and theres no sagging, you do have the option of haveing your implant filled more later with out haveing to replace them if you go with the saline i dont know if they can do that with silicone
i have a friend that got a lift and saline implants just a couple months after i had mine done, she went to the same doctor as me, they look soo good but she later went to another doctor and got them replace with silicone and to be honest they look too real and saggy, i cant even tell she has implants now, after i saw her silicone implants i kind of had second thoughts of wanting to get silicone.

pumpkincat210

After I had my first baby and breastfed afterwards my breasts went back to normal and i didn't have any sagging really(i'm a d so they weren't pointing at the sky), but i definately noticed the sag after i had my son and gained and lost alot of weight in a short period of time. I hear people with implants have less sag after children and that's such a good thing.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
That is one thing I'm worried about.. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this now, while I have the money. I want to be a mom one day (hopefully in the near future!) and I don't want to pay this money just to have them hang down to my belly button after I breastfeed! (Which I plan on doing!)
So you've heard there's not too much sagging after children??

I read in a recent study that its not the breastfeeding that causes the sagging but rather the number of kids you have. Smoking also causes sagging and of course gravity.
Breastfeeding Does Not Create Sagging Breasts; Study Throws Out Old Wives' Tale

greentwig

I was wondering, for those who have had it done, what kind did you get and what was your recovery time?

I have wanted to do this for a very long time but I have always been scared about the pain & recovery time associated w/ it.

fingie

Im actually planning getting cohesive gels probably in late may...I actually wanted them next month but the FDA requires you be 22 for the gels. I personally don't want the fake look of saline and don't like the way they feel and that you can have rippling and whatnot. The gels are going to cost me around $8000 but if I was to go saline it would be $1200 less (roughly). I had my first consult yesterday and am going back next week to talk to the surgeon more in depth about the procedure. I'd love to keep going but I'll write more when I'm on an actual comp vs my iPod.
smiles.gif

Latest posts