Britney Spears Misses Deposition - Again

ZoeFerret

Re: Britneys Mental Breakdown in her House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_hearts
I believe the younger sister is pregant at 16, not 14.

I believe you are right- not that it makes it any better.

Shimmer

I saw an excellent post on this subject...

Quote:
She's repeatedly been found clean on illegal substances. Repeatedly. That's not to say she doesn't drink, nor is it to say she doesn't pop pills when she can, I don't doubt that for a second, but...guess what...that's not really all that uncommon.
She's bipolar, she's BEEN bipolar for years, but she's never had the imbalances in her life to trigger the episodes up until she & Justin ended.
Bipolarity and chemical imbalances can often be latent, then be triggered by things like...ohhh for example...two pregnancies in a row?
And, before anyone jumps her ass on that...you can LOOK at her nipples and tell that at least part of the time she was breastfeeding...many women truly believe that if they're breastfeeding they're not ovulating. That's probably her case, and she got pregnant again. PPD plus being pregnant again, having the baby, the double whammy PPD...that will trigger the episodes, and if she doesn't get help the episodes will increase dramatically, which they have.
Something to remember about bipolarity is that it's very difficult to convince the patient to keep taking her meds initially because the meds level them out, and she feels 'fine'...so...why bother taking the meds? She feels great, she hasn't had any episodes in months and her mood is level...but the whole time she's thinking this, she forgets that the reason she's leveled out is because of the meds.
Cut her some slack? I don't know. I can't say do or don't, but definitely understand that bipolarity or chemical imbalances are FAR more complex than any armchair psychologist or gossip blogger is going to ever be able to allude to.
And, while it's funny when certain things happen, watching someone literally have a break down is truly sad. One of the saddest things you'll ever see. These same blogs, arasto included, would post tomorrow about how tragic and sad and what sad sad waste and loss of talent and potential it is if she hung herself or overdosed or whatever. Pick a side of the fence, bloggers. She's either a stupid crazy cunt, or she's a human being desperately in need of help that she's literally incapable of making the outcry for...but get off the pickets because it just makes you look like a Popsicle.

Shimmer

Re: Britneys Mental Breakdown in her House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I hope she learns to reach out for help and takes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for her actions. She clearly has mental health issues as well as being a former(?) drug addict. And for fucks sake get the hell out of Cali already!

a. When one has a nervous breakdown, either a slow one or a sudden one, that person is not in control of his or her actions, period. If a person isn't in control, then that person is incapable of assuming responsibility for the actions. (This doesn't include people who choose to drink or do drugs, that's a choice to lead to that loss of control, not a physical or mental spiral.)
b. She can't leave Cali, if she does, she doesn't get visitation with her sons, and likely, there's an injunction against her doing so because of the divorce decree. It'd be great to be able to leave California, but it's unlikely that it's possible.

Dreamergirl3

@Shimmer: I see your point(s). My post was my initial reaction to the drama, but after hearing more in the news (though I'm not sure how credible that info can be) about how intricate the whole thing was and why, about her bipolarity etc, it's a lot more understandable.

Pixygirl

Quote:
I believe the younger sister is pregant at 16, not 14.

I think you are right, I think the sister is 16 not 14 but still
001_unsure.gif

Shimmer- sadly I think the Bi-polar is a good call
ssad.gif

its really unfortunate that the kids are cought in the middle of all this drama

its too bad all those millions cant buy her some sanity, or decent parents.

can anyone say.. prime time Dr. Phil / Spears mini series intervention.

Beauty Mark

While being a celebrity you do "ask" for the attention, I think enough is enough. Seeing photos of a person mentally collapse is a horrible thing. My friend was so delusional when she was allowed out even. Like she truly believed she was already better and acted like nothing happened.

Even though her behavior is often outlandish, Britney doesn't show up to the opening of an envelope. She's not courting the media the way other celebrities tend to do it. They need to give her some privacy.

*Stargazer*

Shimmer, that quote you have posted has said exactly what I've been thinking all along. Those back to back babies can almost kill you, especially if you are emotionally fragile to begin with. Unfortunately, I have intimate first hand knowledge of just how devastating PPD and its effects can be. I know that I behaved at times in ways that were completely foreign for me. I am eternally grateful that I never felt like harming anyone but myself and that my issues never involved my children.

And honestly, if she ends up dead, there will be blood on the hands of the media.

threelittlebirds

I feel sorry for her mental state and hope she gets help. It's a shame that her life has come to this point.

But what I don't understand is why people think this is the media's fault. I personally don't feel sorry for the way the media are hounding her because she brought that on herself. Feel free to flame but here are my reasons why:

Britney, before she became ill, was an adult who made her own decisions. She is a repeat offender in publicity stunts. She will stoop to many levels to get into the limelight. Of course celebrities do not have the level of privacy of a normal citizen, but certain celebs CHOOSE to be hounded by the media, and Britney has done this for herself, over and over and over again. She can MOVE away from Hollywood/Malibu (I am actually not certain which city she lives in but know it is a paparazzi infested one) to a less 'popular' area of SoCal, but remain close to her children. She doesn't have to hang out/dine at the 'hotspots' where paps hang out. There are many celebrities who were once huge paparazzi targets and are now laying low (like Christina Aguilera, Nichole Richie), then on the other hand you have your Paris's who are constantly in the media because they choose to be there.

I do honestly hope though that Britney gets better. She seems like a nice person who has made some terrible decisions. Best of luck to her and her family.

SparklingWaves

I knew it was going to happen with Britney refusing to wear underwear & having her privates hanging out in public. There are pictures of this chick with her period showing up. Ugh! Some sites may have already taken it down due to protest.

wolfsong

That was a great find shimmer (bipolar seems the most logical illness, and unfortunately its often a life long disorder that needs constant management) - thanks for posting.

Who the hell let her go out in public with a 'period announcement' - for christs sake she has people to look after her, she had people with her too. When you are in no fit state to look after yourself and your dignity, those around you should step up - that is human decency.

As for the paps - i dont see how they can sleep at night. I dont care who it is, if someone is falling apart like that you should leave them alone; not hound them like its a blood sport - they are really not being paid enough to lose morals over this. These media folk could very well help drive her into an early grave - which can be avoided if she is forced into medical and psychological help (what does it take for her to be fully sectioned - not this 50/51 three day watch?)

Mental illness is a very serious issue, and I hope that she is given all the help she needs not to become another statistic.