Broken hearted and discouraged.

Dahlia_Rayn

I can't say anything better then it's already been said! Your Frodo is adorable, and so is his kitten. I think describing him as an angel is very appropriate, he definitely looks the part. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Sending great big hugs your way.

LMD84

awww! the picture of Frodo and his kitten is lovely. maed me smile at this early time of the morning
smiles.gif
he really is an angel

DILLIGAF

Your Frodo is adorable and I'm sorry to hear about his pain. I don't know what I would do without Rover or Spot. So I can understand how you could feel such a strong attachment to your pets. I'm sending out wishes of healing and good luck for you and your little boy.

Flaminbird

I'm so sorry about Frodo and I know exactly how you are feeling. My dear kitty Jubilee I found in 1995 in our yard. I brought her in with our other 8 cats. I've managed to be able to keep her through various moves and even when I wasnt allowed to have cats where I lived I kept her at my boss' place hidden in her basement that had windows. As much as I hated and wished now I could've tried to keep the landlord from knowing I had her in the apartment it was all I could do for 4 months till I got my Grandparents house. Anyway she was what kept me going....she was my best friend. She'd follow me around the gardens at the house and at work as that's what I did where I kept her for 4 months hidden
greengrin.gif
. When I went through my divorce and moving she was my comfort. She was always there waiting for me when I came home from work, sat with me when I put my makeup on and fixed my hair in the morning. I left the radio on Classical music for her during the day while I was gone to keep her company. She'd never been sick the 15 yrs I had her till November 2008 when she was having trouble eating. The vet came over and said he had a bad tooth and took it out but noticed a little redness in her gums and was somewhat concerned and said to watch her. Well she recovered nicely from the extraction and I thought she would be ok. December came and she started to not eat as much. I called the vet and she said she might still have a root of a tooth that had broken off in her gums as she had lost almost all her teeth at that point due to age. The vet did xrays and I thought for sure that she'd find the tooth roots but she didnt. She said it could be an infection so we put her on some meds. She didnt get better and ate less and less then I noticed blood in her drool and I really got alarmed. This was about January and did a biopsy and said she had alot more lesions and cut most of what she could out. I saw the horrible parts she cut out and felt awful. The vet said she was concered it was a cancer called Sqamous cell Carcinoma. Jubilee didnt do too well after that part as I waited to hear back the results. Two weeks later the vet called me on a Saturday and told me the horrible news. I lost it......it was that cancer and there was nothing that we could do other then give her some meds to make her feel better but it was going to get worse. From the time she first started getting sick in December till then I was in the deepest depression. After the diagnosis I about hit bottom...well I did hit bottom. I would have to mix up her food with water or tuna juice so she could have some nutrition and it was so upsetting to see her want to eat but not be able to. I would sit on the floor and ball and I mean really ball about the fact that I knew that I most likely be the one to make the decision when she'd go. Every day I wondered if she'd be better..worse....would she eat...not eat...would she still be living when I came home from work. Even now typing this I am about to cry and feel a lump in my throat. Finally on March 4th I new it was time to let her go as she just wasnt eating anymore and was skin and bones. Ironically the week before she returned to her old self and I thought some miracle happened but she got worse the following week. I would've given and still would give anything to have her back. There is no words to describe the loss I felt and still feel to this day....almost a year later. I kept hoping it was all a horrible nightmare that I'd wake up from but I never do.

I could go on but that's all I'll type as I dont want to write an epic here and bore everyone. But again I understand how you feel and I'll be sending my well wishes and hugs your way that your dear Frodo will recover soon.

blazeno.8

I am truly sorry to hear about what you're going through. I have a little buddy living with me and I don't know what I'd do without her. I hope everyone affected by this comes out ok.

MissMarley

Ahhh...it's been a rough morning with Frodo. He didn't want to get out of bed to eat his soft food this morning. I just let him eat it in bed. I'm grateful that he's eating. I was really worried, but after we did the iodine flush and sugar-packing on his wound, he walked around a bit, ate some of the dog's food, yelled at the dog, ate some more of his own hard food, and then jumped back on the bed and is currently asleep on the purse I had been planning to carry today. And yes, I chose a different purse. I'll pretty much let him do whatever he wants right now.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
Ahhh...it's been a rough morning with Frodo. He didn't want to get out of bed to eat his soft food this morning. I just let him eat it in bed. I'm grateful that he's eating. I was really worried, but after we did the iodine flush and sugar-packing on his wound, he walked around a bit, ate some of the dog's food, yelled at the dog, ate some more of his own hard food, and then jumped back on the bed and is currently asleep on the purse I had been planning to carry today. And yes, I chose a different purse. I'll pretty much let him do whatever he wants right now.

poor Frodo
th_hug.gif
yes the one plus is that he is eating. ah that's quite amusing that he ate the dogs food too!
tong.gif
cheeky bugger!
smiles.gif
and why do kitties always sit / fall asleep on something you're about to use? one of mine is terrible. if i am drying the dishes she'll sit on the tea towl if i put it down for a second and refuses to get up!

MissMarley

Wow. It's been a crazy evening. I came home from work and Frodo couldn't get up and was drooling and unresponsive. I freaked and rushed him to the vet. Turns out the combination of two of the meds he's on were making him sick- anemic and weak. I wanted to smack the vet for putting him on them in the first place. Now they're changed, and hopefully we won't have any more episodes like that.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
Wow. It's been a crazy evening. I came home from work and Frodo couldn't get up and was drooling and unresponsive. I freaked and rushed him to the vet. Turns out the combination of two of the meds he's on were making him sick- anemic and weak. I wanted to smack the vet for putting him on them in the first place. Now they're changed, and hopefully we won't have any more episodes like that.

Some people and yes even some pets are put in our paths for what ever reasons. We are to enjoy them while they are here to the best of our abilities.

How about a happy story about love found?
Rover was a stray kitten that used to hang around the door of my apartment when I first moved to Miami. I would feed him but I was determined not to have a cat inside my home. He was bearly bigger than my hand and there was a picnic table on the patio he was practically living under. For those of us that live in South Florida Hurricane season is just something you roll with. One day I heard that Hurricane Jeanne was coming and I thought to myself there is no way I could let such a tiny guy stay out there during that sort of weather. So against my then roommate's wishes I brought the little guy in. We spent the storm on my bed and he's been with me ever since. I eventually named him Rover because he acts like a dog. Well he used to. He came when called and followed me around the house. Now he's 100% cat and I wouldn't want him any other way.

Zephyra

Specktra needs a "send love" button like the Thanks button. My heart goes out to you and to Frodo. He's so lucky to have you caring for him and it sounds like you share a very close bond. He probably understands that you're going through something big right now, too...it always seems like animals sense these things. :: Sending hugs and waterproof mascara ::

MissMarley

Pray for us. Frodo has a secondary infection (basically a respiratory infection) and it's making it a lot harder to heal.

MissMarley

You guys are amazing. Fro went back to the vet tonight, who said that his wound is actually starting to look better. The respiratory infection will pass, and as long as we can keep him eating and drinking, we can fight this. Right now, my husband has folded out the futon in front of the fireplace and started a fire. Frodo is curled up on the futon right by the fireplace, on his own special blankets, and is so happy. It's unnerving, because he has this hole the size of a half-dollar on his side, but he's calm and sweet (except when I irrigate the wound or give him medicine) and just his own perfect self. When we went to the vet on Tuesday, I heard one of the vet techs outside our room asking the vet "Will Frodo be all right?". It's so nice to know that other people care. And I have faith. I believe God created us in His image, which means that if we love animals, He must too. And since He's so much better at loving than we are, He must love Frodo even more than I do (which I can hardly imagine). I pray every time that I'm changing Frodo's gauze or giving him medicine. I will do anything to make him happy and comfortable and well.

panther27

Frodo sounds like he is fighting through this,and someone that is loved as much as he is will be extremely likely to heal.I'll bet he loves being in front of the fireplace!That was so sweet of your husband to have all of that set up for him.Frodo is every lucky to have you,and I totally agree about God's love,He definately loves animals.

LMD84

Poor Frodo
ssad.gif
it's one thing after the other
ssad.gif
poor kitty. but i bet he was super happy being able to snuggle in his blanket in front of the fire. with all us specktra people and your other friends, sending Frodo positive thoughts, he should get through this
smiles.gif

Dahlia_Rayn

It sounds like Frodo is so blessed with love, and has blessed you so much with the same! We're all pulling for him, be sure to let him know! XO

Candy Christ

I will surely keep you and Frodo in my prayers. Frodo is brave and strong and so lucky to have a great mommy like you. Me and my kitties will be cheering for him. Like you said in a previous post, I too believe Frodo is an angel. Sending bunches of love and hugs your way!
th_hug.gif
bigheart.gif

coachkitten

I am keeping Frodo in my prayers every night. I am glad to hear that he is feeling a bit better. Much love to you both and keep us posted!
heart.gif

Latest posts