Broken hearted and discouraged.

rbella

I'm so sorry for all that is happening in your life. I'm just reading this for the first time and realizing that Frodo is quite a little fighter, isn't he? Frodo is a great mascot for anyone who feels that they cannot overcome obstacles in life. As are you!

I'm keeping you and Frodo in my prayers and I'm thankful you have such a great support system around you. Most important, I'm so happy you have such a caring and understanding husband. I say this because my cat, FiFi is a huge pain to us right now (peeing and defecating everywhere except litter box and hubby is massively allergic) and he has been nothing but helpful. It says a lot about a person who will love your pet and worry about it as much as you do.

Hugs to you. I'm hoping that you've been put in a position to take care of Frodo right now vs having a child and perhaps that is why you have been unable to carry to term. If you were pregnant, or with a newborn, the amount of love and care you have given Frodo would be next to impossible. Maybe your current diagnosis is just a temporary one. Miracles happen! Or, maybe you were put here to be a care taker for those who typically don't get second chances? Look at how great you are with this cat that no one else would have loved. Imagine what you could do for a child.

I think your future is amazingly bright. You have such a big heart and an immense amount of love to give. What a wonderful person you are!
th_hug.gif

Kragey

I'm so glad your little guy is starting to feel better! Kitties are tough critters; no doubt he'll pull through it in the end.
smiles.gif

tarnii

Good wishes coming at you both from Australia. You will have a world wide web of good vibes.

Such a cutie

abbyquack

Good luck with Frodo, my dear! I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts.
heart.gif
What is so amazing about animals is their infinite capacity to love us. I think that is the hardest part when they're going through things like this, is that we don't know love quite like theirs. Our husbands can love us, our parents can love us, our friends can love us, but it is just not the same kind of love.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Good luck with Frodo, my dear! I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts.
heart.gif
What is so amazing about animals is their infinite capacity to love us. I think that is the hardest part when they're going through things like this, is that we don't know love quite like theirs. Our husbands can love us, our parents can love us, our friends can love us, but it is just not the same kind of love.

Well said, Abby. So, so true.

kimmy

reading this made me cry, i'm not even gonna front.

i had this dog called nala that i loved DEARLY. went through so much with the dog, most of the really big things you deal with growing up, i had her by my side for. she was diagnosed with a disease similar to cancer of the liver and i about lost my mind. when we were at the vet's office, they cleared a room so i could sit in there because i couldn't stop crying in the waiting room. we ended up having to put her to sleep and it was the worst thing, hands down, i have ever witnessed in my life. i was sick from it, didn't eat for days.

it took me a long time to realize that even though i missed her and still do to this day, she is better off now. i hated that i couldn't fix her, but i realized after a while that it wasn't up to me to fix her. she was in fate's hands and there was nothing i could do other than continue to love her. i gave her the best life i could, and i couldn't see any shame or bad in that.

you're doing and have been doing right by frodo. and if worse comes to worse, you at least will know that he had a long and happy life because you opened your heart and home to him.
smiles.gif

my thoughts are with you, frodo and your family. i know how hard this situation is, please feel free to me me anytime you need to talk. hang in there!

MissMarley

It's still up and down every day. The respiratory infection has gotten better. We are still packing the wound with honey every day, and the vet thinks the wound is getting better- it looks absolutely foul, because the infection is actually being driven out of his body, but we just keep flushing it with peroxide and covering it with gauze. And yes, he still gets to wear that lovely blue sweater. He's taken everything with a good degree of patience, and is probably calmer than I am! It's definitely going better than the two other surgeries- he had a drain for a month each time, and he never seemed like himself. I'm grateful that we're doing a more natural method of healing- honey is actually used in hospitals on burn victims! I was so surprised at everything I've read!

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all again. Your encouragement really keeps my spirit up and keeps me fighting!

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
What a fighter he is. I have a feeling he really appreciates everything you are doing for him.
heart.gif

Thank you hon
smiles.gif
He's my boy. I feel like everything I do for him is totally natural and right - he's worth everything to me. That's not to say I wouldn't mind if he'd stop scratching my hands and arms to ribbons when I flush his wound, but hey- he's a cat, it hurts, he wants it to stop. It's normal. And work gloves are my friends
smiles.gif

panther27

Awww,Frodo is a strong little guy!I'm sure he is exremely grateful to you for taking such excellent care for him.I know the feeling,my cat Sneakers who passed away in October
ssad.gif
had kidney failure,and I bought her special prescription food,and I always had her on meds.I would've done anything for her.

LMD84

i'm pleased to hear that Frodo is still fighting his infection.... and it is truely amazing that honey of all things is helping him so much!
smiles.gif
give him a big cuddle from me
th_hug.gif
he's such an amazing kitty
smiles.gif

obscuria

I'm in the same boat as you right now as far as your pet goes. I hope your cat is doing better now though, he's got a great mom
smiles.gif

My dog recently got sick and at this point I don't know if he is going to make it. My heart breaks over and over again when I look at him and he's not the fiesty dog he was just days ago. He's not eating or drinking, he barely wants to move and sometimes yelps out in pain when he does. The vet's is going through every test she can think of to figure out what's wrong. I'm crying all the time because of it and I feel like everyone else thinks I'm crazy or over-reacting but he's truly one of the greatest loves of my life.

MzzRach

Obscuria -
th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif
I am so sorry. I hope the vet can find a way to give your baby some relief. I truly hope things get better soon for you. You are not overreacting! Our pets are like our children, believe me, we understand how you are feeling.

MissMarley - I hope things are good with you and Frodo and that he is doing better.

LMD84

Obscuria i really hope your doggy will be ok.... it's so frustrating not knowing what is wrong. and i don't think you are overreacting at all. i would be the exact same - completely heart broken if anything happened to my kittes.
th_hug.gif
i shall send positive thoughts your way!

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
Obscuria i really hope your doggy will be ok.... it's so frustrating not knowing what is wrong. and i don't think you are overreacting at all. i would be the exact same - completely heart broken if anything happened to my kittes.
th_hug.gif
i shall send positive thoughts your way!

Thank you!

The vet finally figured out what was wrong. My dog somehow got a spinal fracture. My vet was thrown off because he was also vomitting and losing weight (my dog only weighs 8.8lbs and lost a pound in 3 days because he just wouldn't eat) so we thought it might have been a stomach issue. Hopefully it can be treated with just medication and restricting his movement. I'm hoping so. He just finally started eating again last night.

LMD84

that's fantastic news!
thmbup.gif
at least now they know what they are doing and how to treat your baby! and i'm pleased he is starting to eat again too
smiles.gif

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
Thank you!

The vet finally figured out what was wrong. My dog somehow got a spinal fracture. My vet was thrown off because he was also vomitting and losing weight (my dog only weighs 8.8lbs and lost a pound in 3 days because he just wouldn't eat) so we thought it might have been a stomach issue. Hopefully it can be treated with just medication and restricting his movement. I'm hoping so. He just finally started eating again last night.

Oh no! I hope he gets better. It's always so worrisome when something goes wrong with the dog. My puppy's teeth starting falling off and we thought she had bit on something hard. Turns out she was teething..LOL.

MissMarley

Hi guys!

After ten weeks of treatment, Frodo is pretty much back to his old self. He has a bald spot around his mid-section from the bandage rubbing the fur off, but his wound has almost completely healed. He's gaining weight back, and bossing the dog around. I'm thrilled. I can't get enough time with him, I'm just so grateful to have him.

Thank you so so much for all your kind words and encouragement.

Zephyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
Hi guys!

After ten weeks of treatment, Frodo is pretty much back to his old self. He has a bald spot around his mid-section from the bandage rubbing the fur off, but his wound has almost completely healed. He's gaining weight back, and bossing the dog around. I'm thrilled. I can't get enough time with him, I'm just so grateful to have him.

Thank you so so much for all your kind words and encouragement.

Wonderful news! Thank you so much for sharing.

Latest posts