Bronzer for the Bronzed!

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovejoy
fyi..the stila bronzer in shade 3 recommended by twinkle_twinkle is now on sale for $13 on strawberrynet..and the shipping is free too!!

That's who I bought mine off on Ebay. I LOVE it! I've swatched it on my blog:

Vex In The City: Style Warriors & other beauty haulage

I swatched Glided and thought it was nice but have sinec decided that I can just use MSF Brunette if I want a glow on top of the Stila instead of buying another product.

StyleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sweetJB~
Agreed I am nc50 range as well I use Tahitian tan all over like an msf and I use Bali bronze as a highlighter........Love......bogo $2.99 lol.....

I'm an nc50, and I love Bali Bronze. definitely gonna try Tahitian tan now.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I can't believe it's been this long since this thread was bumped. Anyway, ladies, I got a sample of Toof Faced Sun Bunny and I like it a lot. I have swatched this product at least twice and thought it was too light but when I actually tried it on my face I liked it a lot. Might have to pick this one up.

MissResha

i just recently bought the Fully Baked bronzer by FaceFront and i LOVE it. its really great for contouring too

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i just recently bought the Fully Baked bronzer by FaceFront and i LOVE it. its really great for contouring too

Did you order it online? Would you mind posting pics?

MissResha

yea i got it from ffcloset.com for like 9.99 (its gone now, though) its absolutely better than i expected. its more of a matte bronzer that looks SUPER dark in the container, but once you get the tiniest amount on your brush, it blends out to be this goldeny brown shade that isnt ashy, and its just gorgeous. they have it on the regular facefront site but its a newer formula. i dont see myself running out on this for YEARS theres so much product and you only need a few granules lol

im gonna wear it tomorrow so i'll do a FOTD

Twinkle_Twinkle

Thanks! Is the color deep enough for a NW45?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
yea i got it from ffcloset.com for like 9.99 (its gone now, though) its absolutely better than i expected. its more of a matte bronzer that looks SUPER dark in the container, but once you get the tiniest amount on your brush, it blends out to be this goldeny brown shade that isnt ashy, and its just gorgeous. they have it on the regular facefront site but its a newer formula. i dont see myself running out on this for YEARS theres so much product and you only need a few granules lol

im gonna wear it tomorrow so i'll do a FOTD

Noussie

I just got this NARS pressed powder in "heat" which i use as a bronzer..this baby is pure love
greengrin.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

has anyone else seen Milani's TANtastic face & body baked bronzer? i couldnt find anything about it online and i didnt even see it on Milani's website.

i went to cvs earlier to get ice cream, but i always peruse the cosmetics section first for deals. it was the same ol' same ol' until i walked around and saw on the other side a display for Milani "naturals" and "bronzed" or something. there were some pretty eyeshadows (nice colors, but too much sparkle imo) and BRONZERS!

they have this (Milani Cosmetics - BODY BRONZER) that looks really pretty, and looks like it would be the lustre drop for face and body. i can see it working on any skin tone.

but then i saw this huge thing that was the TANtastic bronzer (for a split second i thought it was the LORAC bronzer, which is really nice but not for $30 no thnx). i only saw two and the girl said those were the only two that were there.
"01 Fantastic in Gold" actually looks like a cross between New Vegas McQueen skinfinish and MAC Format blush. the other one (it was "02" but i didnt read the name) looked like a cross between Cheeky Bronze skinfinish (Colour Craft) and Sweet as Cocoa.

i ended up getting 01 because i hardly wear Sweet as Cocoa as it is, and i am often weary of anything coppery on my face, but i may get it tomorrow.

i tried it on and though it looks super glittery and sparkly, it goes on like any other skinfinish and it's really pretty with buildable intensity.

it was only $10, so if you want something that will make you "glow" that's really cheap, it wouldn't hurt to go for that i guess.

/my two cents

ElleStar04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuttbuttajelli
has anyone else seen Milani's TANtastic face & body baked bronzer? i couldnt find anything about it online and i didnt even see it on Milani's website.

i went to cvs earlier to get ice cream, but i always peruse the cosmetics section first for deals. it was the same ol' same ol' until i walked around and saw on the other side a display for Milani "naturals" and "bronzed" or something. there were some pretty eyeshadows (nice colors, but too much sparkle imo) and BRONZERS!

they have this (Milani Cosmetics - BODY BRONZER) that looks really pretty, and looks like it would be the lustre drop for face and body. i can see it working on any skin tone.

but then i saw this huge thing that was the TANtastic bronzer (for a split second i thought it was the LORAC bronzer, which is really nice but not for $30 no thnx). i only saw two and the girl said those were the only two that were there.
"01 Fantastic in Gold" actually looks like a cross between New Vegas McQueen skinfinish and MAC Format blush. the other one (it was "02" but i didnt read the name) looked like a cross between Cheeky Bronze skinfinish (Colour Craft) and Sweet as Cocoa.

i ended up getting 01 because i hardly wear Sweet as Cocoa as it is, and i am often weary of anything coppery on my face, but i may get it tomorrow.

i tried it on and though it looks super glittery and sparkly, it goes on like any other skinfinish and it's really pretty with buildable intensity.

it was only $10, so if you want something that will make you "glow" that's really cheap, it wouldn't hurt to go for that i guess.

/my two cents

I saw this today, wanted to get it but hesitated because I have myself on a beauty budget of $10 bucks a week and I just bought that expensive Too Faced Shadow Insurance...Anyhoo, after reading your review I want to go get them b/c that was the only store that I saw them in and i don't want to miss out. I've been searching High and Low for a bronzer for my skintone. The first thought that came to my head was that it was a dead ringer for MAC MSF's...

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleStar04
I saw this today, wanted to get it but hesitated because I have myself on a beauty budget of $10 bucks a week and I just bought that expensive Too Faced Shadow Insurance...Anyhoo, after reading your review I want to go get them b/c that was the only store that I saw them in and i don't want to miss out. I've been searching High and Low for a bronzer for my skintone. The first thought that came to my head was that it was a dead ringer for MAC MSF's...

Nope, it's a dead ringer for LORAC'S TANtalizer. Looks the same, same packaging, etc. Me and pnuttbuttajelli had a good laugh about that lol. Like, "Gee, wonder where they got inspiration for this from!"

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleStar04

lol @ the $10 beauty budget. the only way that's possible for me is to either be hungry, or to steer clear of MAC, Sephora, and CVS (no matter what, i always find something new to buy from Milani
th_dunno.gif
)

well, i've tried it on since i first wrote that and it IS a pretty gold color. however, just like the LORAC and half of the bronzers out there, it has a glitter factor. i only own one MSF so i'm probably not the best judge, but it's kinda like New Vegas where one extra swivel of the brush will put too much glitter on your face. it takes some buffing or maybe just one swipe of face powder to tone it down if you feel you've put on too much.
but for $10 i think it's worth a shot.

also, it's fragrant, which isn't so bad for the product, but can be a bit irritating to smell on the brushes (i moved my perfumes away from my brushes because i thought it was them when really it was the bronzer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
Nope, it's a dead ringer for LORAC'S TANtalizer. Looks the same, same packaging, etc. Me and pnuttbuttajelli had a good laugh about that lol. Like, "Gee, wonder where they got inspiration for this from!"

nobody asked you.

btw i uploaded a new video today and i said that the bronzer is an OBVIOUS knock-off of the the LORAC bronzer, lol.
go check your mail!

AdrianUT

I saw the Milani TANtasic last night and thought about getting it but, I wanted to see reviews.The packaging is just like Lorac but it's MASSIVE. I don't even know where I would store that thing.
I hate things that are too glittery. I have a sample ror Lorac Tantalizer and its pretty nice and its not a total glitter bomb.I use MAC sunbasque and format as bronzers too. I have N.y.c sun to sun in Terracotta Tan I like the colors but it isnt very pigmented. My fav. bronzers are more golden, minimal glitter just to give a glow within kind of look.

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
I saw the Milani TANtasic last night and thought about getting it but, I wanted to see reviews.The packaging is just like Lorac but it's MASSIVE. I don't even know where I would store that thing.
I hate things that are too glittery. I have a sample ror Lorac Tantalizer and its pretty nice and its not a total glitter bomb.I use MAC sunbasque and format as bronzers too. I have N.y.c sun to sun in Terracotta Tan I like the colors but it isnt very pigmented. My fav. bronzers are more golden, minimal glitter just to give a glow within kind of look.

lol ikr, it's like the size of one of those cookie ice cream sandwiches (the one with the chocolate chips on the ice cream part). if you're NC and you decide to get it, may i suggest you go for 02 because it's more coppery, which i always figured looked better on NC skin. but idk. like i said, for $10 it doesn't hurt to try *shrugs*

and as much as i loved the Lorac Tantalizer, my issue was that it's $30 (i'm trying to work on my transition into more expensive cosmetics, but it's so hard). i remember really loving it at first, that matte one that is, but wasn't sure how much i'd like it on my face with the little flecks of glitter. maybe i should get a sample? how did you go about getting one?

machonesty

hi! im new to the boards.
im nw 45
i second Iman. also MAC format blush is a great bronzer. and if u havent already, RUN and get warm blend msf from color craft. i got 2.

Latest posts