Bronzer for the Bronzed!

kyoto

I have to agree with all those that said Bobbi Brown. I picked up Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Bahama 7 yesterday and love it. Even though its illuminating, I swear there are no sparkles on me. I also looked at Rock Republic and they do have some nice Bronzers, but nothing that would work for my skin tone. On a side note, Rock Republic has the best tinted moisurizer I've ever seen. If you have the opportunity, stop by and take a look.

User38

I am not bronzed -- in fact I am pathetically pale and cannot take the sun. But that does not mean I don't want to look healthy i.e. bronzy especially for the summer.

I use various bronzers for the season and even afterwards and these are Stila No. 1 .. but I have used Stila no. 2 & 3 in applications.

MAC Bronzers..
Bobbi Brown (I use no. 1 for personal use) with Antigua -- but I also use No. 2 - 3 and Bahama brown for other applications.

There is a plethora of bronzers -- some matte (my preference) some with more shimmer and it takes a bit of trying on to see which fits us best.. But I won't ever give up on trying to look at least healthier with a bronzey look
smiles.gif

shontay07108

I was always firmly against bronzers since I was born with a tan. I still don't use an actual bronzer, but I use a blush that acts as a bronzer. Lovejoy by nars is just incredible. I use it with their shade called sertao as a highlight. I was hawt. I couldn't believe it. Worn as a blush, lovejoy is awesome, but when you sculpt your face and use it as a bronzer with a highlight shade it is true hg material. I think this is the first blush I will hit the pan on. If you are a makeup forever 173 you might want to check it out.

crystrill

I think I want a Bobbi Brown bronzer. BB has been winning me over lately. Finally tried her concealer and correcter and I love it!

I don't know which color to get. Any suggestions? NC 50 MUFE HD 175

iCandy

I don't believe any powdered bronzers will work for my brown.

So, I stick to liquid bronzers... and one's that are rich in pigment. i.e. Makeup Forever Pro. Liquid Bronzer.. it's honestly like molten bronze, you gotta be careful.

There is also a bronzing blush I have that is UBER minerally.. this one is too much since it's loose power so rarely use it.. again powder is dicey you're either ashy or you look like one of those bronze statues at the park...

j4lyphe

hey i was just about to ask about the BB bronzer in deep...I'm an NW45 ( with oily skin so matte bronzer sounds great to me lol) and was wondering if it would show up on me...Do u have any swatches or pics of u wearing it to show? I want to see it on someone before I splurge to buy it
smiles.gif

j4lyphe

what about the bobbi brown illuminating bronzers on NW45 skintone? Which should I get, bahamas or barbados? I want 2 know cuz the closest Bobbi Brown counter is like 3 hrs away and so I have to order it from the website....

crystrill

In MAC I'd be a NC 50/55 depending on the foundation, or Almond/Warm Almond in BB. I just talked to an artist on their live chat and she suggested Dark Bronzing Powder and Barbados Tan Illuminating Bronzing Powder for me. Hope this helps someone
smiles.gif

liciouslilly

I often ask myself the same question. I have tried a few bronzers but the favorites I use are MAC So Ceylon and Golden Bronze loose powder. I'm NC42-43.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
what about the bobbi brown illuminating bronzers on NW45 skintone? Which should I get, bahamas or barbados? I want 2 know cuz the closest Bobbi Brown counter is like 3 hrs away and so I have to order it from the website....

Bahamas will NOT show up on NW45 skin [as a bronzer, I mean]. I am C7 and it is very subtle on me. Very subtle. Barbados may be a better choice.

If you don't mind matte bronzers, BB deep is really nice. I use it rather than dark because it has red in it, and I don't like how red based bronzers look on my skin. Anyways, I have to use BB deep with a very light hand, so you may want to try it out.

j4lyphe

thanks electra513, i ordered the matte bronzer in deep
smiles.gif
Just also wanted to give one with some shimmer a try, have you tried MAC's bronzer in Refined Deeper Bronze? Could that be comparable to the Bobbi Brown Illuminating bronzer in Barbados (not Barbados Tan lol)?

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I was always firmly against bronzers since I was born with a tan. I still don't use an actual bronzer, but I use a blush that acts as a bronzer. Lovejoy by nars is just incredible. I use it with their shade called sertao as a highlight. I was hawt. I couldn't believe it. Worn as a blush, lovejoy is awesome, but when you sculpt your face and use it as a bronzer with a highlight shade it is true hg material. I think this is the first blush I will hit the pan on. If you are a makeup forever 173 you might want to check it out.

You use Lovejoy as a bronzer? Really. I'll have to try it. Its my fave blush ever made in life. Once i discovered it all my other blushes are getting neglected.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
thanks electra513, i ordered the matte bronzer in deep
smiles.gif
Just also wanted to give one with some shimmer a try, have you tried MAC's bronzer in Refined Deeper Bronze? Could that be comparable to the Bobbi Brown Illuminating bronzer in Barbados (not Barbados Tan lol)?

No I haven't. I use MSFs when I want shimmer/shine (So Ceylon and Metal Rock, for example).

I haven't actually seen the MAC bronzers in person (the online swatches turned me off), so I can't compare them.

j4lyphe

thanks electra513 for replying back
smiles.gif

Have any of u other NW45 and up ladies tried the Bobbi Brown Illuminating bronzer in Barbados (not Barbados Tan)?

j4lyphe

So I bought the Bobbi Brown bronzer in deep, it doesnt really show up as a bronze colour on my skin (NW45), more like a muted matte pinky brown:s It's pretty... just not what I expected...How does this bronzer show up on u other NW45 & up ladies?
I'm definitely gonna return it, it does not show up on my skin like it should, was so excited about it initially:s

sugypop1

My favorite bronzer ever is from Hourglass in the shade Mirage. OMG it makes my skin glow. I hate bronzers with glitter and this is matte. My skin glows with this on. My other favorite is MSF in Sunny by Nature. I wear MUFE HD in 173

urbanD0LL

i loveee this thread ! but HOW do you wear the bronzer though ? like a blush ? i got some from Inglot , one's a bronzer but the other one is just a darker than my skintone powder but i have no idea where to place them.