Bronzer for the Bronzed!

urbanD0LL

fail for both Inglot products , the bronzer one is just a powder that matched my skintone with glitter , and i butchered it so much i couldn't return it , i returned the other powder. i checked out Bobbi Brown's products at Murale and they seem to be pretty good , Dark , Deep and Bahamas (or Barbados, oops I don't remember) , looked nice on me . But it's 40$ !! And the ladies there kinda made me feel uncomfortable by the way so I just kept my money fo' mahself !

snkatha

bronzers for nw45 skintones and up

Hey!
I know there's a bronzer for the bronzed thread on here and it's amazing. however, i wanted a place where darker skin beauties can list their favorite bronzers ad those that really work for them. I have spent a CRAZY
ssad.gif
amount of money on bronzers that were too chalky, too light or just left glitter on my face.
so how about a thread to help us get bronzers that show up on nw45+ skintones?

laulovesbilly

My favorite bronzer is Bare Escentuals (or Bare Minerals whatever name you choose to call it) all over face color in Warmth. It is absolutely perfect. I put the bronzer all over my face as a setting powder basically either with or without my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer(in Walnut) and I will not leave the house without it. If it helps I'm an NW43, but no one on Specktra seems to be that shade.

AdrianUT

Reviews of Bronzers I own: I am a C7 for reference
Format blush- Deep bronze would def. show up as bronze on NW45+ skin
NARS Laguna- My everyday go to cheek look. It's a matte with a little bit of gold glitter and around my skin tone.
MAC Comfort MSF- Caramel colored shimmer. May show as bronze on NW45+ but, could also be a non-ashy highlighter. I wear it as a bronzer.
Milani powder bronzer in medium-Maybe around NW43 in is background color with a good amount of gold glitter, may show up ashy on darker skin tones.
Dream Matte Mouse Bronzer in Glistening Sun-very glitter and sheer golden color. Good for giving a golden glow on almost any skintone. The glitter in it is too much for everyday wear for me but, I put this on my shoulders and legs in the summer.
NYX blushes in Pecan- very similar to MAC format but cheap. Would likely show on NW45's.
NYX Blush in Copper- sort of similar to NARS Taj Mahal but, leans more towards brown than orange. Would show non-ashy on NW45's of higher.
Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Sunkiss- bronze shimmer with minimal glitter. Great as a bronzer/ highlighter on deep/dark skin.
Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing powder in Suntan matte- around my skin tone maybe a little darker with golden glitter. Would be good for daytime if you are C7/NC45-NC50. But could show up ashy on some?
Lorac TANtalizer baked bronzer- Good caramel colored shimmery bronzer. Would show on most WOC skins as a highlighter or bronzer without being ashy.
Neutrogena glow sheers spf 30 in Bronze glow- Gives a subtle bronze glow allover or as a highlighting creme. Looks very pretty in the summer time but, it makes my skin a grease pit.

HTH- (yes, I have a problem buying bronzers)

Curly1908

Is it okay to rock Bronzer in the wintertime?

My complexion isn't as vibrant now that sun exposure is minimal so I was wondering if I should embrace it and rock rosy cheeks or should I warm it back up with bronzer.

I don't wanna look like a fool, ladies.
shockt.gif

laulovesbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908

My complexion isn't as vibrant now that sun exposure is minimal so I was wondering if I should embrace it and rock rosy cheeks or should I warm it back up with bronzer.

shockt.gif

I don't know about everybody else, but I wear bronzer all year round. I don't see why someone wouldn't because I think it gives your skin a nice healthy warm glow. I have red undertones, but my cheeks are lighter than the rest of my face, using it keeps me looking even toned and not like my face is drying out.
winks.gif

AdrianUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908

shockt.gif

I do. Because I have weird olive/goldish undertones in the winter when I'm more pale I look sickly so bronzer is an everyday thing for me. I tend to go with the more matte/less shimmery bronzers like Laguna just to warm my complexion up some.

La Dolce Diva

This may sound crazy, but trust me: Fashion Fair "Golden Sunset" Blush!!!! I've had this thing for years and if I ever run out, I don't know what I will do.It will have you looking like you live in Ocho Rios.

Although I'm a NC 44/45, I've used it on NW45/NC50 ladies and it's just as fabulous. It reminds me of MAC Format blush, but only deeper with a little plum added to it.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Dolce Diva
This may sound crazy, but trust me: Fashion Fair "Golden Sunset" Blush!!!! I've had this thing for years and if I ever run out, I don't know what I will do.It will have you looking like you live in Ocho Rios.

Although I'm a NC 44/45, I've used it on NW45/NC50 ladies and it's just as fabulous. It reminds me of MAC Format blush, but only deeper with a little plum added to it.

OMG! Soooo...I held onto ONE item when I got rid of my Fashion Fair foundation like 6-7 years ago --> "Golden Sunset" Blush, a beautiful color! IMO, it's a golden orange/copper blush with a bit of chocolate shimmer.

Mine is in that old pink half-dollar sized compact
cutey.gif
, but I see on their website that they still sell this color and the packaging has been updated: Fashion Fair Cosmetics | Products | Makeup | Color | Cheeks

The blush is $16 now! I think it was cheaper when my mom bought it for me back in the day...

I'm an MSF and NARS blush whore all the way...and I would put this blush on par with those items as far as pigment, quality, and uniqueness of color.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:

I was seriously interesting in getting Format!!! But now I gotta check this out!
The more I read in this forum the more I'm curious to visit a Fashion Fair counter!

Thanks!

yummy411

Quote:

omg i have to agree completely with FF's golden sunset. unfort, i just discovered it (since someone was finally at my FF counter! grrr) i love it and can't wait to get it. the other one i would recommend for deep dark beauties is the blush in chocolate chip.. which i'm getting both imediately. choco chip will most likely go in my kit. don't be put off by the packaging, but the blush costs about $16. fab! i also love queen latifah's covergirl mineral bronzers. these are staples for me. i have all 3 colors!

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
omg i have to agree completely with FF's golden sunset. unfort, i just discovered it (since someone was finally at my FF counter! grrr) i love it and can't wait to get it. the other one i would recommend for deep dark beauties is the blush in chocolate chip.. which i'm getting both imediately. choco chip will most likely go in my kit. don't be put off by the packaging, but the blush costs about $16. fab! i also love queen latifah's covergirl mineral bronzers. these are staples for me. i have all 3 colors!

I've been eyeing Chocolate Chip since I made my last post in here. Your thread just convinced me to buy it.
nonono.gif

yummy411

ok when we all try chocolate chip, we'll all return & report right?? (i only swatched it, but plan to get it!) *nervous grin*

oh yes, i wear bronzer year round... like for me, smooth harmony is great. it's matte but give a glow, not a metallic sheen that's associated with summer and bronzed looks..
winks.gif

yummy411

i went again to FF to pick up my sunset glow and choco chip. i left choco chip behind. at this counter, choco chip was very red..????? not like the other choco chip i saw. i swatched on my hand and took a cam phone pic. i'll find a way to get it on specktra....
ssad.gif
( confused..

urbanD0LL

springshine blush ombre can work as a bronzer , from the spring color forecast collection , i'm nc50 + nw45 and it shows up , the mua who helped me today is like nc45 and it showed up really nicely on her

jazmatazz

My favorite bronzers ATM are:

1) MAC bronze bronzer. It has subtle shimmer. I would describe this as a slight reddish brown.
2) Stila Sun Bronzing Powder in Shade 2. This stuff is soooo smooth. I think Shade 3 could have worked too but I got this as part of a set. In the winter this also works as a neutral blush for me. Really suits olive undertones. Since it's closer to my natural skin tone I don't worry too much about overapplying.
3) Newest addition, benefit hoola. Also matte and smooth. True brown. So far so good. I can see this working for most people as long as you don't overapply (could then look muddy).

Bronzer looks good on everyone and really livens up the face! Love it!
smiles.gif

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteGoodness
I went to MAC this weekend to grab some concealer (I'm NC35 normally) and I got a NW40 (I think? Don't remember exactly) to cover my ginormous pimple. Ugh. Anyway, I asked the makeup artist what the NW meant, and she said that it has more red tones in it. So yeah. So I'm assuming that alternatively, the NC40 would have more blue tones...

NC means warm golden golden sometimes yellow undertones.