Browbone Highlight for WOC

angelynv

Hi does anyone have any good recs for a browbone highlight for nc43 upwards that are natural and not too shimmery or too ashy looking either! I have ricepaper which is lovely but has a really pearlescent sheen - I want something thats a bit more matte/muted and close to my skin colour. thanks!

bobbiedoll03

When I want something matte I go for MAC Blanc type.

When I want something with a bit of shimmer I grab MAC ricepaper

When I am just going for a simple look I just use my concealer.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelynv
Hi does anyone have any good recs for a browbone highlight for nc43 upwards that are natural and not too shimmery or too ashy looking either! I have ricepaper which is lovely but has a really pearlescent sheen - I want something thats a bit more matte/muted and close to my skin colour. thanks!

MAC Malt e/s

MAC Camel e/s

MAC Lithe Pigment (no really... it's awesome)

MAC Naked Dark Pigment

Bobbi Brown Banana e/s

Bobbi Brown Toast e/s (for warmer complexions)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

nicoleh619

Got to show love for arena (a much slept on color becauase its permanent probably). Soba is indeed another...Also love ricepaper, nylon, naked pig, naked dark pigment, blondes gold, and vanilla pigment but those are very shimmery so I use a big fluffy brush for application. Also ladies please look at yourself in natural daylight because sometimes we think our highlights are not as bright as they really are. lol.

jazmatazz

Check it Arena, it's beautiful! More a peachy color and little bit of shimmer, but not as much as ricepaper or shroom.

If you want a completely matte browbone highlight a lot of people like a lighter concealer.

angelynv

Hey guys thanks I went to a MAC counter yesterday but it was not a success I think as they didnt have too many neutral eyeshadows on display. I found Blanc Type the perfect texture, but too light, wanted something more warm/peachy. Tete a tint looked lovely in the pan but came out a weird orange shade on my browbone (although looked gorgeous and peachy on my lid).. I think Arena is the closest and am thinking of popping back in to see if I can layer Arena with Blanc Type (or the other way around) so I get the warmth and the matt-ness. Has anyone tried this or could someone v kindly try this and let me know if it works??!

angelynv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmatazz
Check it Arena, it's beautiful! More a peachy color and little bit of shimmer, but not as much as ricepaper or shroom.

If you want a completely matte browbone highlight a lot of people like a lighter concealer.

Concealer?? What a GREAT idea! i have Benefit It Stick which I NEVER use as its way too light as a concealer but this could be a really good option.. Thanks!

Nepenthe

Samoa Silk is a matte light peach, and I find it's in the same situation as Arena.. doesn't get enough love.

elektra513

I like Blanc Type, Shroom, Orb, and Creme de Miel for my highlight. I have Arena, but haven't used it yet. Surprisingly Orb is good (recent purchase) when using Tete a Tint or Bamboo on the lid b/c it has peachy tones to it.

Edit: I am not a fan of Ricepaper. Too frosty no matter how lightly I apply. Nylon, even more so.

Face2Mac

Quote:
I think Arena is the closest and am thinking of popping back in to see if I can layer Arena with Blanc Type (or the other way around) so I get the warmth and the matt-ness. Has anyone tried this or could someone v kindly try this and let me know if it works??!

I try this sometimes when I want Arena to be more Matte but I use Arena and a Wet n Wild single eye colors called Brulee, $1.99. It is way more creamy than Blanc type and not white, more of a creme color. I find Blanc Type to be too white myself.

Bamboo from Mac is always a good color for a matte highlight, maybe try that and Arena.

Senoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
When I want something matte I go for MAC Blanc type.

When I want something with a bit of shimmer I grab MAC ricepaper

When I am just going for a simple look I just use my concealer.

I was going to suggest all of these.
yes.gif

StyleDemonXoXo

You have 2 try All That Glitters, I'm an NC42. ATG is a medium beige and it's beyond gorgeous on dark skin cause it almost matches us. My fav light highlighter is nylon.

jazmatazz

Quote:
Concealer?? What a GREAT idea! i have Benefit It Stick which I NEVER use as its way too light as a concealer but this could be a really good option.. Thanks!

Yup concealer
smiles.gif
If you try it let us know what you think!

Latest posts