Bugs, Quirks, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Just wanted to let you all know that I am doing my best to be a voice of urgency on your issues. For now the step I have taken is to lease a new dedicated server at a new facility that has support experienced in dealing with large, active forums. I hope that this move with solve many of the accessibility issues people are experiencing. The new server will have 3x the amount of RAM the current server has, Specktra is a database intensive site. The additional RAM means that the site will be faster hopefully addressing the complaints of slow loads.

As far as the refresh and PM issue goes, we are still working diligently to solve it. As before, volunteers willing to change their account password to something generic and send a detailed explanation of the specific issues they have should send a PM to Adam via the technical admin account.

I hope to have this all sorted out within the next few days. There may be a few hours of downtime as we move everything to the new server early AM on Monday.

I'm sorry this has been such a nightmare, it's breaking my heart. I just want to get everything worked out and the site functioning to the previous level of comfort and stability Specktra provided before.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I still have ads as well. Also I am still having to refresh to see which threads I have read and which I have not. Specktra has been extremely slow everytime that I try to load it, access various threads, and post. I know that you are working on all of this but I just wanted to keep you updated on the problems I am having.

As of today, this is also my experience. Just wanted to report in.

I'm so sorry the upgrade has gone so roughly, Janice. Just want you to know I am willing to ride it out and hang in there with you. I know you are doing everything possible to resolve these issues.
specktra_rocks.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I'm sorry this has been such a nightmare, it's breaking my heart. I just want to get everything worked out and the site functioning to the previous level of comfort and stability Specktra provided before.

cry.gif

I am sure everything will be back to normal soon!
yes.gif
I am looking forward to the new server. You've created such a lovely community that everyone loves and feels so cosy in that we all love to spend a lot of time here and chat and so squeeze every single byte out of the server!

Thank you so much for your hard work! And please don't be sad because that would break my heart!
th_kiss.gif

rbella

Here is what I get whenever I want press "View First Unread Post", whenever I need to refresh a thread because it isn't updated (usually every thread), or if I want to reply:

The server at Specktra.Net | The definitive independent MAC Cosmetics authority! is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
·Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

redambition

Quote:

Thank you Janice for all of the hard work that you are putting into this this migration - there are huge amounts of work involved with them, especially when unforseen issues crop up.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Thank you Janice for all of the hard work that you are putting into this this migration - there are huge amounts of work involved with them, especially when unforseen issues crop up.

Ditto. And I can only imagine how data intensive this site is.

clslvr6spd

I still cant access the site from home. I am wondering if its a server problem on my end, I can access the site from my google phone and on my moms laptop. So I will contact my internet company and see what they have to say & to see if the problem is on my end. Very strange...
Thanks sooo much Janice for all your hard work on trying to fix the bugs on the site!
winks.gif

blindpassion

Janie or other mods, I was researching how to become a premium member, and when you click on the link in Janice's signature, it takes you to this page:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f182/s...rmation-48242/

Which is great because it tells you all about the different kinds of premium memberships.

But then, when I went to go click on the payments page to select one to purchase, the link - which is http://www.specktra.net/payments.php - sent me to the blog.

How do I find the purchase page?
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Janie or other mods, I was researching how to become a premium member, and when you click on the link in Janice's signature, it takes you to this page:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f182/s...rmation-48242/

Which is great because it tells you all about the different kinds of premium memberships.

But then, when I went to go click on the payments page to select one to purchase, the link - which is http://www.specktra.net/payments.php - sent me to the blog.

How do I find the purchase page?
smiles.gif

http://www.specktra.net/forum/payments.php would be the new URL for a direct links to the subscription page. You can also access it through your UserCP under "Paid Subscriptions".

MzzRach

Reporting in - the site this morning for me is ad-free and much faster! Thanks Janice for all your efforts!

Willa

Add free for me too! Thanks!

But still slow and I have to hit f5 to see updates
Also, in the chatter section I now see the MAC MUA rant thread, is it normal, did you change it's place?

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Reporting in - the site this morning for me is ad-free and much faster! Thanks Janice for all your efforts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Add free for me too! Thanks!

But still slow and I have to hit f5 to see updates
Also, in the chatter section I now see the MAC MUA rant thread, is it normal, did you change it's place?

It's ad free for me too!
Thanks a lot for your hard work Janice, we really appreciate it
smiles.gif

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I can't even get to specktra to load on my computer. It works on my cell phone though...Any ideas? Do I need to delete the cookies and cache on my computer? TIA!

This is happening to me also
ssad.gif

I don't think its just my internet service or house though, my friend tried to get on Specktra at her work computers also and the same thing was happening.

Shimmer

You guys, I finally had to just power down my modem and routers and leave them off for a good fifteen minutes, after I did that, I could get on the site.

I've been off since...at least Thursday. I hope you get connectivity soon.
ssad.gif

panda0410

Just updating since a few days ago I am having more problems than I started with
ssad.gif
I am getting database errors to several pages across the site, pages I could previously access. Also I now cant reply to my PMs either
ssad.gif
I have deleted my cache and cookies as well so I know that cant be the problem.

I know the transition has been a little rough, hopefully it will be back to plain sailing soon
smiles.gif

coachkitten

No ads for me today as well. Although like many others I am still having to refresh to see new posts. The new server seems to be making things load a lot faster!
smiles.gif

Janice

We're not on the new server yet, but Adam has been tweaking the site to get better performance which has really been working today!

TISH1124

Quote:
We're not on the new server yet, but Adam has been tweaking the site to get better performance which has really been working today!

Thanks Adam!!

Things are running so much smoother today!!!
yahoo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.