Bugs, Quirks, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

For those of you having accessibility issues if you could PLEASE send me the following information via email (janice at specktra dot net)

Are you typing http:// www. specktra. net? Have you cleared the cookies on the computer and tried visiting from a new browser session? Have you reset your modem and/or router? What error message is being displayed in your browser? Is there anyway you can send me a screenshot of what you see when you visit thehttp:// www. specktra. net URL?

darkishstar

Site doesn't show up for me on home computer..

But Specktra works on a school computer instead. I think other people have this issue as well but are unable to post it up, since Specktra doesn't work on their home computer. Is there a way to resolve this? Specktra works fine on the school computer.

Janice

I was informed that the refresh issue should have been resolved as of this afternoon. Can I get some feedback if it's is / is not an issue from you all?

RayannaBanana

Re: Site doesn't show up for me on home computer..

I had this problem to. My boyfriend had to fix it for me. I can't remember how to do it though. It has something to do with your computer's IP address changing and Specktra is blocking it. You have to unblock it some how.

I'll have to ask about it more.

I'm not able to get to the Product Swatches today for some reason.
th_dunno.gif

ashk36

i hope this hasn't been posted already, but one thing that's really irking me is the new posts. whenever i go to check them, everything's all mixed up. like one thread i posted a reply to at least a week ago is still at the top of the page, when there's surely been new posts since then, and it's not a sticky thread, either.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
For those of you having accessibility issues if you could PLEASE send me the following information via email (janice at specktra dot net)

I will be happy to do this as soon as I'm back at work tomorrow morning (GMT). Thanks for looking into this; we all appreciate your hard work.
thmbup.gif

FlaLadyB

Ok.. it took me SEVEN times to log in tonite and it won't keep me logged in aka "remember me" since I was on the site numerous times today. What is wrong?

panda0410

Quote:
I was informed that the refresh issue should have been resolved as of this afternoon. Can I get some feedback if it's is / is not an issue from you all?

Only in part - at least for me anyway. The main forum pages are updating and they are all good, showing where new posts have been made in threads within that forum etc etc - but the individual threads are not. When I go into a thread the new posts shown in the main forum page arent being updated in the thread itself - I still have to reload individual threads
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

^^^ ditto me too...However I can't click on User CP, fotd, etc without getting and error message

http://www.specktra.net/forum/image.php?type=dberrorDatabase errorThe database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.specktra.net home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The Specktra.Net | The definitive independent MAC Cosmetics authority! forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

coachkitten

I am having a lot better luck with not having to refresh after every thread that is read but it has still happened to me a few times today.

gigiopolis

Specktra hasn't (and still) doesn't work from my home computer. Anything with specktra.net in the address didn't load at all. I'm only able to get on Specktra now through a Virtual Private Network from my school, which is a pain. I have no idea what the problem is. I've tried restarting my router and modem to no avail.

franimal

Quote:

Are you typing http:// www. specktra. net? Have you cleared the cookies on the computer and tried visiting from a new browser session? Have you reset your modem and/or router? What error message is being displayed in your browser? Is there anyway you can send me a screenshot of what you see when you visit thehttp:// www. specktra. net URL?

Hi Janice, I still cannot get on. I sent you a screenshot on the 13th. I'm not sure if you got it. I have done all that was suggested above and I still haven't been able to access the site.

spectrolite

OMG...
forum
This is the first time Ive been able to access the site in about a week. Ive tried everything - clearing cookies, clearing my cache, different browsers, checking for malware/trojans/viruses, lots of crazy Msconfig stuff, restarting my router, etc etc and the only thing that worked was accessing the site through a proxy site. I came across a little tidbit of information on some tech forum and a user suggested to someone that they should try a proxy.. From there I did some googling and voila... Here I am. I dont know what a proxy site is really, and why I can connect through one... Any techies out there care to shed some light on the subject? This is the error I get when I try to connect to Specktra without the proxy site: Page Load Error: The server at Specktra.net is taking too long to respond. Janice - thanks for all of your hard work. I hope that it all gets sorted out soon. *There are a few other bugs but I think they are being caused by the proxy site... I'm not sure really.

DirtyPlum

Specktra is back for me!

I was unable to access it at work. Then it came back but was stroppy.
This morning, everything seems to be working fine! Thank you!
I will give it another go tonight when I get home to ensure its refreshing properly for me...

Janice

To those of you accessing the site through a proxy or unable to access the site at all.

From home can you do the following:

* Press Window Key + R
* In the "Open" text box enter "cmd" and press "Ok"
* In the black box that pops up, enter the following commands SEPARATELY "tracert specktra.net" "ping specktra.net" and lastly "ping 72.52.140.32" pressing enter after each command and copy and pasting the results from each into a email to me. [email protected]

Again, I know this is asking quite a bit but is our last chance at figuring out what is causing this problem plaguing so many people.

LostinBubbles

^^
I will do this first thing when I get home this afternoon and email you.
Currently I'm at work and it works fine here.
Thanks for all your hard work! I know we'll get it fixed up
smiles.gif

spectrolite

^^I did it and emailed it off to you Janice. It was a bit tricky figuring out how to copy/paste from the CMD Prompt. If any of you are having trouble, what you do is Right Click in the CMD window, then select "Select All" from the drop down list. The background will turn white if you did this part correctly, like a negative. Then you just double right click and you should be able to paste the windows contents into a document.

darkishstar

Specktra finally works on my home computer! And I didn't do anything, so whatever you did Janice, or the techies did, it works now!
smiles.gif

Janice

Ok, with the help of all of you who sent me the advanced data I requested earlier today we were able to trace the problem back to a anti-DOS (denial of service) server side program that literally went rouge banning people's IP addresses. I asked for the log of banned IP's to be erased and as soon as that was done the site began working again for many people.

If you are out there unable to access the site PLEASE let me know. As far as we know though, this issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.