Bugs, Quirks, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exotica

i'm trying to view bbr swatches and everytime I try and click on the link it takes me back to the specktra blog.. really frustrating
ohboy.gif

user79

I'm not sure how the Gallery works? Where do I go to upload pics? When I click on My Gallery it just says I haven't uploaded anything but I don't see where I can do so...

TISH1124

Advertisements are gone sinced I cleared my cookies! Thanks

Adding...In order to see new posts I have to refresh each thread everytime I go on it...Or refresh after I post to see my posts

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm not sure how the Gallery works? Where do I go to upload pics? When I click on My Gallery it just says I haven't uploaded anything but I don't see where I can do so...

I think via the 'contribute' button?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI

specktra.jpg

OK, this view I cannot see. My screen does not look like this, even when I'm on the Forums page.

angi

I can't get onto the forums through the 'forums' link. When I click on forums it takes me to the page that says Specktra is being updated. Its been like this since Specktra was undergoing it's downtime.

The only way I can get onto the forums is to go to a recent thread, and then jump forums at the bottom of the page. And then when I am in a thread the specktra information box (above my username) is missing and I just have a huge grey rectangle.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried refreshing, logging out then in again, clearing my cookies, but nothing seems to have helped.

knoxydoll

Well it looks like I will no longer be browsing specktra at school. The new fixed width doesn't work very well on my school laptop (Asus EEE, it's tiny). I guess specktra will only be an at home guilty pleasure, although like other who have widescreens have said there's a lot of empty/unused space due to the fixed width.

I do like the new look of the front pages, however I'm not really thrilled with the how the forums are set up. I'll play around some more, I'm sure it will all grow on me eventually.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
i'm trying to view bbr swatches and everytime I try and click on the link it takes me back to the specktra blog.. really frustrating
ohboy.gif

Can you share the link that you're trying to view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

Sure, good question!! Everything is driven through the "contribute" navigation at the top of the menu. Simply select what type pf media you wish to upload and follow the the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

Adding...In order to see new posts I have to refresh each thread everytime I go on it...Or refresh after I post to see my posts

That's a known issue, it will be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
OK, this view I cannot see. My screen does not look like this, even when I'm on the Forums page.

I'll need a screenshot of what you see so I can help you and the others who are having this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
I can't get onto the forums through the 'forums' link. When I click on forums it takes me to the page that says Specktra is being updated. Its been like this since Specktra was undergoing it's downtime.

The only way I can get onto the forums is to go to a recent thread, and then jump forums at the bottom of the page. And then when I am in a thread the specktra information box (above my username) is missing and I just have a huge grey rectangle.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried refreshing, logging out then in again, clearing my cookies, but nothing seems to have helped.

You'll need to either try restarting your computer or starting a new browser session. (i.e. closing all your browser windows and opening a new one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Well it looks like I will no longer be browsing specktra at school. The new fixed width doesn't work very well on my school laptop (Asus EEE, it's tiny). I guess specktra will only be an at home guilty pleasure, although like other who have widescreens have said there's a lot of empty/unused space due to the fixed width.

I do like the new look of the front pages, however I'm not really thrilled with the how the forums are set up. I'll play around some more, I'm sure it will all grow on me eventually.

Sorry to all whom this inconveniences, I truly believe this update was needed and this was the best decision/direction for the community. We'll work out the bugs for sure, but the forum width will not be changing. I appreciate the effort you all put into adjusting, it means a lot to me you continue to enjoy the site.

blindpassion

Okay guys, heres a few of my issues. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

1. Doesn't work at all with Mozilla Firefox. I have to use IE just to use Specktra. Does anyone know why MF isnt working? It won't let me do anything except constantly asking me to log in, even if I have a bunch of times.

2. My sub'd threads won't go away. I go check on the recent posts, click to USER CP, and all the same threads are listed even though there are no new posts.

3. I'm still having the logging in issue, even if I have, It still logs me out sometimes and then logs me in again and won't let me access the forums
ssad.gif

4. My time is off. Im sure there is an easy way to fix this, I just don't know what it is.

5. Same issue that you're already aware of with the posts not showing up.

thanks for all your hard work everyone!

TISH1124

Janice

Having just gone thru this with My husbands business..I know how hard you are working....It is a time consuming and long initial process...We truly appreciate you!!! Thank you for all you do!!!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Okay guys, heres a few of my issues. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

1. Doesn't work at all with Mozilla Firefox. I have to use IE just to use Specktra. Does anyone know why MF isnt working? It won't let me do anything except constantly asking me to log in, even if I have a bunch of times.

I use Firefox and I'm not having any problems. Do you have any addons that may be blocking it?

MsChrys79

my times are off, I keep getting message notification but when I open them they are messages I already received, pages don't look right and at first i couldn't log on....

Blushbaby

Re: site upgrade - bugs

The search function isn't working either in case you weren't aware of that.

Loving the sleeker look of the site though. Thanks Janice!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I use Firefox and I'm not having any problems. Do you have any addons that may be blocking it?

No, I always use Specktra with Firefox, it just stopped working after the switch.

I don't even have a firewall or virus protection right now, I'm in the midst of switching between two programs for virus protection, so there isn't even anything installed that could be blocking it. Hopefully its just a temporary thing.

nunu

When i click on first new post on a thread it takes me back 3-4 pages and won't let me view the new posts
ssad.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
When i click on first new post on a thread it takes me back 3-4 pages and won't let me view the new posts
ssad.gif

At this time, until it's fixed, you'll need to manually refresh the thread. F5 or shift + refresh

Shoegal-fr

I can't access my User CP, when i click on it, it shows the login page (even if i'm already logged in) and if i re-enter my informations, it only redirects to the forum main page.
So i can't access my CP at all
ssad.gif

LostinBubbles

The new site is on it's way to being great!

I have run across a few things in my adventures...the times are off (as others have noticed)...some pages have a lot of scrolling and my PMs seem to be going haywire...for instance, it will say I have 2, then I'll check and there will be no new ones displayed, but then if I delete some past pms, they will show up - but then the ones I had deleted previously reappear and the pm notify will tell me I have two again. Wow, did that make any sense?
smiles.gif

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

leenybeeny

Woohoo, I have my menu bar back
smiles.gif
yay!

The only problem I am having now is that when I get a notification email with a reply on a subscribed thread, if I click on the thread link in the email, the page won't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts