Bugs, Quirks, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen_B

When I click the "Forums" link I get a bulletin message saying site improvements are still under way. However, I can access this thread through the blog post by Janice ("welcome to the new specktra"). Is there some other link to access the forum, or what am I missing?

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
At this time, until it's fixed, you'll need to manually refresh the thread. F5 or shift + refresh

Thanks! It's fixed now i can see my own posts as well, i couldn't see them earlier.

concertina

I can't see threads I've posted; specifically, a sale's post I made yesterday in the Sales Forum. I know people can see it, because I've gotten PMs, but *I* can't see it unless I go through my 'see all threads started by concertina* link in my profile.

Also, on a few threads, I don't see the option to click on the next page of the thread. If I go back to the forum page and click on the second page, I can see it. But from inside the thread, I have no option to see the next page.

sinergy

Hi, Ive already read that the width of the boards is set, but is there going to be anything done to make it compatible with firefox? I cant use IE on this ancient computer that I have
lol.gif
and so far Im doing a lot of scrolling back and forth across the page to read one post, or use the quick reply its all the way to the left of my screen. Also think a few people have mentioned the time and the page numbers being so far apart. The over all change is nice and I know its a lot of hard work! Thank you and I swear Ill try and be patient!!

Willa

I don't know if it was meant to be like that but at first sight, it looks like nothing is aligned for me. The old ''fixed'' liquid version was perfect, but now sometimes its aligned on the left but the message box is aligned on the right, then too much space under the ''reply to thread'' phrase up the page, and the announcement box looks empty with only a little phrase.

And like Tish said, it somewhat looks like the page never ends (bottom).

I like the blog option!
I might try to post something, is anobody allowed to?
Is it moderated before posted?
winks.gif

Edit :

Here is one alignement problem I saw
zxqhia.jpg

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I keep getting kicked off, as in logging in, being able to see the main forum page where all of the forums are located but when I click on one, for example "Chatter", I have to log in again.
Also, is everyone's inbox working correctly or is this out because of the forum still undergoing maintenance?

Thanks Janice and everyone else for your hard work!
smiles.gif

Ditto. I have to keep logging in, whenever I switch topics in the forum. I dont have access to FOTD at all, even after I log in. Everything seems misaligned too.
Sorry to complain
ssad.gif

MACATTAK

I am having the same problem as COBI, except it tells me to try again in 7 seconds & when I do, I still can't get to the new posts because that message pops up again.

panther27

I can't load new posts or see them,refreshing doesn't work anymore.I am not able to do anything.

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Can you share the link that you're trying to view?

to avoid confusion i've uploaded some screenshots....
hope this helps

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...creenshot1.jpg
the link i'm trying to view is circled

then when I click on it this is what I get....
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...creenshot2.jpg
if you look at the url it says /mac-brunette-blonde-redhead-jan-09-a-116074
however instead of the swatches appearing all I get is the specktra blog

this has happend on several other links i've clicked on too

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
to avoid confusion i've uploaded some screenshots....
hope this helps

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...creenshot1.jpg
the link i'm trying to view is circled

then when I click on it this is what I get....
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...creenshot2.jpg
if you look at the url it says /mac-brunette-blonde-redhead-jan-09-a-116074
however instead of the swatches appearing all I get is the specktra blog

this has happend on several other links i've clicked on too

Ah yes, this is because we are still working on a certain SEO software compatibility with the new site.

Please have patience, I've hired a company to develop this new site for us and all of our issues will be worked out they are a company and thus weekends are generally spent away from work. We should see progress on all of these issues in the coming week.
smiles.gif

sinergy

i cant see any of my own posts!!! =(

i know this kind of thing takes time, again thanks for all your doing to improve the site for us MAC addicts!!!!

spectrolite

Firstly, thank you for updating the site. I can't wait to start using it and seeing it in all of its pretty glory! I saw a preview of it in the Oasis and was blown away. I'm having some technical difficulties which I will list below
smiles.gif

I'm using Firefox and these are the bugs I'm experiencing.

1. Can't view the front page properly. This is what I see:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...front_page.jpg

I thought that the site hadn't been launched yet for the past day until I saw this thread lol! I cleared my cookies, tried disabling my add-ons, checked my security settings etc... I can't seem to load the updated site into Firefox at all. Firefox users who are not having issues - can you please let us know what version you are running, what OS, etc..?? Thanks!
smiles.gif

2. Can't seem to stay logged in - When I login it says "Thank you for logging in" but them I'm not actually logged in and I get asked again and so I login again. When I try to visit other places on the site it says I'm not logged in. Does that make sense??

3. Alignment is funny - As others have mentioned the content window is not centred and also the "Greetings, Last visited, and Private Messages" line is slightly off. See Link: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r..._alignment.jpg

And also there is a big blank box to the right. At the bottom of the page the text alignment is also off a bit: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...lignment_2.jpg

A few of those are the major ones for me anyway. There are some little things that other people have already mentioned.

Has anyone got any suggestions for Firefox users pleeease?
smiles.gif

^^OooOoO Bit of an update:
Front page now loading properly the majority of the time. Sometimes I get a blank screen but for the moment I can see all the pretty pictures. This is after clearing my cookies multiple times by doing:

Tools >> Page Info >> Secuirty >> View Cookies and then deleting all of the Specktra cookies and reloading. If you type Specktra into the search field Firefox will list all of the sites cookies which makes finding and deleting them easy. I don't know why it's suddenly working now. I cleared all of my cookies earlier with no good results.

Anyway, the site looks fantastic woohooo! I'm sure these bugs will all be sorted out in no time. >_<

BionicWoman

I was just wondering when will the MAC Product Gallery be back up???
When i click on the link it takes me to a page that says No Photos Found.

Vanilla_Mint

I'm seeing the top menu options in a line of their own, instead of across the screen.

So instead of this:
Home Forums Blog Collections etcetc

I see this:
Home

Forums

Blog

Collections

etcetc

Is this the fixed width/scrolling problem people are talking about?

rbella

Mine's working pretty good. I love the new layout. I think this particular quirk has been mentioned, but I am not sure if it is exactly the same as mine. Not a big deal though, but when I click on a thread, I have to refresh it every time to get the new posts. I know it will be fixed in the coming days, just wanted to throw it out there in case no one else has.

Thanks for all your hard work on keeping us up with the mainstream!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts