Burberry Beauty

Alysse011

Awesome! My Nordies doesn't have a Burberry dept. Lucky you. How would you describe Fawn Rose?

It looks mauve with a slight bit of..pinky brown?... to me. I found it flattering. Here are some pictures (all artificial lighting because it's dark so darn early)
IMG_9074.jpg
Fawn Rose on the left, MAC Relentlessly Red in the middle, and Bright Crimson on the right. I was nervous Bright Crimson would be too similar to the MAC, but they're quite different.

IMG_9072.JPG
An extreme closeup (oops) of me wearing Fawn Rose. I don't have very naturally pigmented lips.

elegant-one

It looks mauve with a slight bit of..pinky brown?... to me. I found it flattering. Here are some pictures (all artificial lighting because it's dark so darn early)
View attachment 57866
Fawn Rose on the left, MAC Relentlessly Red in the middle, and Bright Crimson on the right. I was nervous Bright Crimson would be too similar to the MAC, but they're quite different.

View attachment 57867
An extreme closeup (oops) of me wearing Fawn Rose. I don't have very naturally pigmented lips.

Ahhh, you are SO BEAUTIFUL dear!!!! Love how both look so much. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us. :heart:

Alysse011

Ahhh, you are SO BEAUTIFUL dear!!!! Love how both look so much. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us. :heart:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Everyone here is always so helpful, so I'm happy to contribute when I can haha. If it's sunny tomorrow I will get pics in better lighting.

elegant-one

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Everyone here is always so helpful, so I'm happy to contribute when I can haha. If it's sunny tomorrow I will get pics in better lighting.

:flowers: I already know that I will love both shades. I'm going to order Crimson. Thanks!:heart: I have never been disappointed in any of my Burberry purchases.

peanut

I'm expecting Primrose and Peach on Monday. Hope I chose well! How I wish I had a Burberry counter to compare each and every shade! So nice to see swatches here on Specktra though.

By the way I noticed a new cream eye shade (Golden Brown) on the Burberry site, which I ordered. Can't wait for the spring collection though. That blush is so pretty!

Alysse011

I'm expecting Primrose and Peach on Monday. Hope I chose well! How I wish I had a Burberry counter to compare each and every shade! So nice to see swatches here on Specktra though.

By the way I noticed a new cream eye shade (Golden Brown) on the Burberry site, which I ordered. Can't wait for the spring collection though. That blush is so pretty!

i think you will love them! I've worn both of mine now, and they're so comfortable and just really nice products. Let us know how you like them! And please report back on Golden Brown!

peanut

i think you will love them! I've worn both of mine now, and they're so comfortable and just really nice products. Let us know how you like them! And please report back on Golden Brown!

I'm so happy to hear that!! It was really hard to choose. They all looked so pretty! And thank you so much for your swatches. I almost got Crimson. I have it in another formula and really like it. I will report back once everything arrives.

I recently noticed these two shades on Instagram: Instagram
Now I want Fawn too!!

elegant-one

These are gone from Nordies almost like they took them down. I seriously doubt if they sold out in every single shade that fast. I didn't get a chance to order Crimson they were gone so fast :( Nordies did this one other time with TF lipsticks & then put them back up shortly after that.

peanut

These are gone from Nordies almost like they took them down. I seriously doubt if they sold out in every single shade that fast. I didn't get a chance to order Crimson they were gone so fast :( Nordies did this one other time with TF lipsticks & then put them back up shortly after that.

Oh no!! Sorry you didn't get to order Crimson. I wonder if Nordstrom wasn't supposed to put them up until after Burberry.com offered them. Seemed strange for the Burberry site to offer only one color while Nordstrom had them all. I guess this means no exchanges so I hope I like the shades I ordered.

elegant-one

Oh no!! Sorry you didn't get to order Crimson. I wonder if Nordstrom wasn't supposed to put them up until after Burberry.com offered them. Seemed strange for the Burberry site to offer only one color while Nordstrom had them all. I guess this means no exchanges so I hope I like the shades I ordered.

Yes, that ^ is exactly what I think happened.

elegant-one

I got my order of Fawn Rose today & it's a very pretty dusty mauve slight rose nude on me. And then I ate soup lol...it stayed on

Winthrop44

I got my order of Fawn Rose today & it's a very pretty dusty mauve slight rose nude on me. And then I ate soup lol...it stayed on

Good to know they stay on! lol I got mine and like the color too (at least on my hand because I don't want to try on my lips while I'm sick), although it is darker than I was expecting. I guess that means the nuder ones I thought might be too light might work on me after all. I wonder when they will be back on Nordies. I had put some in the "Saved for Later" section of my cart on there and they say they're "sold out" (aka we screwed up and put them up too soon).

elegant-one

Good to know they stay on! lol I got mine and like the color too (at least on my hand because I don't want to try on my lips while I'm sick), although it is darker than I was expecting. I guess that means the nuder ones I thought might be too light might work on me after all. I wonder when they will be back on Nordies. I had put some in the "Saved for Later" section of my cart on there and they say they're "sold out" (aka we screwed up and put them up too soon).

They did they exact same thing when they launched TF early.

Its much lighter on my lips than my skin...so here's hoping! It is matte. You can't even feel it on which is nice.

Get better!!! :tee::sadwavey::heart:

elegant-one

I had a delicious Fajita salad for dinner tonight & I still had a very pretty soft layer of the lip velvet on my lips :rofl:That's pretty good staying power I think. I love this shade on me.