Burberry Beauty

Winthrop44

Yes!
I'm kinda used to it but it's a drawback

You mean on Really Ree? Her swatches are never close to the actual shades on my monitor, which could just be my monitor. But I must say after trying on Fawn Rose I guess these really do look very different on the lips vs a hand swatch. Just like Elegant said Fawn Rose is much lighter on. It was darker than I expected on my hand but probably too light for me to pull off on my lips. Really odd.

Last edited:

awickedshape

You mean on Really Ree? Her swatches are never close to the actual shades on my monitor, which could just be my monitor. But I must say after trying on Fawn Rose I guess these really do look very different on the lips vs a hand swatch. Just like Elegant said Fawn Rose is much lighter on. It was darker than I expected on my hand but probably too light for me to pull off on my lips. Really odd.

I'm general, I mean. It happens sometimes

peanut

I'm a huge fan of Burberry but I'm not sure these are my cup of tea. While I like the formula and they feel good on, the colors IMHO are rather unnatural. Take this with a grain of salt because at my age I just feel more comfortable in MLBB shades. Peach is a light, very intense salmon and Primrose is an intense pink with maybe a hint of violet. Fawn Rose in comparison was more subdued but rather light once applied. It's almost like they have a white base or something. Pairing Peach and Fawn Rose wasn't too bad, but I'd rather have one I like instead of two I have to mix. Sad because they look so pretty in the tube!! I'm thinking that maybe some of the darker colors might be a better choice for me, and I will check out Dark Rosewood once it comes back in stock.

Last edited:

boschicka

I'm a huge fan of Burberry but I'm not sure these are my cup of tea. While I like the formula and they feel good on, the colors IMHO are rather unnatural. Take this with a grain of salt because at my age I just feel more comfortable in MLBB shades. Peach is a light, very intense salmon and Primrose is an intense pink with maybe a hint of violet. Fawn Rose in comparison was more subdued but rather light once applied. It's almost like they have a white base or something. Pairing Peach and Fawn Rose wasn't too bad, but I'd rather have one I like instead of two I have to mix. Sad because they look so pretty in the tube!! I'm thinking that maybe some of the darker colors might be a better choice for me, and I really want to check out Dark Rosewood once they come back in stock.

This is very helpful. Thank you. I had my eye on Dark Rosewood as well.

peanut

Glad to help! There was a picture on Instagram and they all looked so pretty in the tube. Here it is...

Instagram

And indeed the ones I have look great in the tube, which is frosted by the way. Now we just have to wait for them to come back in stock.

Kaidan

I'm a huge fan of Burberry but I'm not sure these are my cup of tea. While I like the formula and they feel good on, the colors IMHO are rather unnatural. Take this with a grain of salt because at my age I just feel more comfortable in MLBB shades. Peach is a light, very intense salmon and Primrose is an intense pink with maybe a hint of violet. Fawn Rose in comparison was more subdued but rather light once applied. It's almost like they have a white base or something. Pairing Peach and Fawn Rose wasn't too bad, but I'd rather have one I like instead of two I have to mix. Sad because they look so pretty in the tube!! I'm thinking that maybe some of the darker colors might be a better choice for me, and I will check out Dark Rosewood once it comes back in stock.

Thanks for the review, peanut! :) I am interested in those exact shades initially, but I think I'll skip Primrose in favor for Dark Rosewood. I still like Fawn Rose and Peach from the swatches that have shown up online.