Burberry Beauty

Winthrop44

Thanks for the review, peanut! :) I am interested in those exact shades initially, but I think I'll skip Primrose in favor for Dark Rosewood. I still like Fawn Rose and Peach from the swatches that have shown up online.

Honestly they look very different on the lips vs arm swatches. Fawn Rose looked really chalky on my pigmented lips and i just didn't find Dark Rosewood flattering on at all. Hope you have better luck than I did!

elegant-one

Honestly they look very different on the lips vs arm swatches. Fawn Rose looked really chalky on my pigmented lips and i just didn't find Dark Rosewood flattering on at all. Hope you have better luck than I did!

Glad you posted that. Every time I went to order DR, it was sold out. How did it look on your lips?

Winthrop44

Brown and blah. For whatever reason these shades just don't do anything for me at all. It could be a lip pigmentation or skin tone thing but Sabrina felt similarly if you read her review.

elegant-one

Brown and blah. For whatever reason these shades just don't do anything for me at all. It could be a lip pigmentation or skin tone thing but Sabrina felt similarly if you read her review.

Ahh, that stinks! It looked like a nice rosy brown on T. I prefer berry, pinks & reds LOL

lipstickaddict

I ordered brilliant violet over the weekend. It's clearly on the brighter side, but it was the only one I felt pretty confident about ordering sight unseen. All of those nudey brown shades are so hit and miss for me I find, especially with liquid lipstick. None of the shades were sold out on Sephora Canada. Will report back once it arrives!

elegant-one

I ordered brilliant violet over the weekend. It's clearly on the brighter side, but it was the only one I felt pretty confident about ordering sight unseen. All of those nudey brown shades are so hit and miss for me I find, especially with liquid lipstick. None of the shades were sold out on Sephora Canada. Will report back once it arrives!

Ooh! I can't wait to hear what you think of that shade. Same here on the nudey brown shades. Sometimes they look completely weird on me.

I thought of you tonight!!! I just got the Mariah Carey pink blush & it's really soft & pretty on :cloud9:

Winthrop44

Great! I've been very curious about that shade. It looks pretty in the swatch on weekend ramblings.

Ingenue

What do we think of the liquid lip velvets vs. Chanel rouge ink??

Rouge Ink is thinner but doesn't wear as long. Burberry is thicker in application but wears super comfortable. I prefer the Rouge Ink for texture, but Burberry does stay put longer.

I have Fawn, Fawn Rose, Oxblood and Dark Cherry or whatever the darkest one is called.

Ingenue

Can you test in person?
I'll be skipping

Fawn pulls pink. No doubt about it. Fawn Rose is ashy (matte) spit pink. Both of them have to warmed up. Fawn looks like the proper fawn color when blended with a brown. I wear it over MAC Liptensity Toast & Butter.

awickedshape

Fawn pulls pink. No doubt about it. Fawn Rose is ashy (matte) spit pink. Both of them have to warmed up. Fawn looks like the proper fawn color when blended with a brown. I wear it over MAC Liptensity Toast & Butter.

Lol

I don't think they are non-comedogenic. If you email them they can confirm- I once emailed them to ask, but I can't remember which powder it was.

I will check the ingredients on Paula's Choice /Cosdna/ EWG
They tend to use a lot of fragrance, too I think
I don't even trust those that say they're non-comedogenic lol

No, so I'm trying to narrow to just one. I was also considering Oxblood since Burberry typically does that color well.

I hope we get more reviews

Latest posts