Burberry Beauty

Ikram

I just bought the foundation. It is too early to tell, but so far I like it way better than the new Chanel Foundation which just launched.

I am working 14 hr day today and it is evening already and still looks very good, Vitalumiere Aqua would have benn gone at this time. Also I think that the coverage of this is very good, nicely buildable. And feels so weightless and looks just like my skin.

Miss QQ

^^ I agree about how lasting it is! I wore it for 13 hours today and it still looked good as I was removing it. It still looked fresh and didn't fade or slide or oxidise. I looked fresh although I was so exhausted. I am trying the #6 now and it looks better than #5 on me. I never had a foundation look good on me after 12 hrs, usually I will look sick and tired when my foundation has faded. I'm not completely sold on this foundation though, because I feel it makes the tiny bumps on my skin more obvious

XxMoOmOoxX

Full review, more pictures and swatches can be found on my blog

I find it interesting that when I swatch Burberry Blossom next to Mac Marine Life, it doesn't look as coral as when I swatch it next to Burberry Rose No.03. Marine Life and Blossom look quite similar when applied side by side on the face, except that Marine Life has a little more pink tone to it, but the difference is barely noticeable. They both look semi-matte indoors, but shimmery under direct sunlight. They may not look like dupes in the swatch pictures because I swatched Marine Life with a heavy hand, but when applied side by side on the face, I would consider them dupes

Ikram

I got one eyeshadow and it is also excellent. Very nice texture, trully luxurious. They are called sheer shadows but somehow they are pigmented, again the intensity can be builded up. But the best thing is also the lasting power, way longer than Chanel, it looked pretty good when I was removing my makeup at 11pm after work and after 2 dance classes, applied at 6am with 2faced primer. I think I am sold at their shadows. I hate singles but these seem to be worth it, at least for me.

Will be tryin Rosewood and Trench next.

XxMoOmOoxX

^ great swatches !

msqq / ikram ... the Burberry will be my next foudation to try !

I wanted to try Burberry's foundation too, but I'm scared that the coverage won't be enough since it's marketed as sheer coverage. (I prefer medium coverage.) Burberry's Beauty line is still young, so hopefully, they will come out with more selections and different types of foundation in the near future.
winks.gif

I'm still waiting for their face brushes to release in the US. I've read that the Burberry blush brush is available internationally like in Asia, but I wonder why it's still not available in the US yet.
th_wallbash.gif

Ikram

I wanted to try Burberry's foundation too, but I'm scared that the coverage won't be enough since it's marketed as sheer coverage. (I prefer medium coverage.) Burberry's Beauty line is still young, so hopefully, they will come out with more selections and different types of foundation in the near future.
winks.gif

I'm still waiting for their face brushes to release in the US. I've read that the Burberry blush brush is available internationally like in Asia, but I wonder why it's still not available in the US yet.
th_wallbash.gif
That's what i was thinking as well. I like full coverage foundation. The SA showed me how to build up the coverage, otherwise I would never go for it. I have persistent dark circles and use MUFE Full cover concealer daily. But then I dont need that much coverage on y my forehead and so, this seems to work nicely for me. I do one pump for whole face and another for problem areas=> nose, under eyes, around mounth plus some acne discolored spots I have on my cheek currently.
You should give it a try at the counter.

The primer/glow/highlighter also looked great and so did the lipglosses.

I was aiming to try Blush lipgloss as well as Rosewood but my counter did not have those.

Did anybody try the glosses? I like that they are with no sparkles, glitter etc, was looking for watery milky gloss for a while, Chanel doesnt seem to have it, with non-sticky glossimer similar formula. I am thinking to get a gloss next, either Burrbery or Le Metier lip creme.

Ikram

Just heard that Burberry is comming up with a concealer very soon. It will be in a pen form with a little brush at the end. (like YSL Eclat and Dior Skinflash). Should be very buildable coverage and great texture.

Wondering if that will be part of Holiday release (if they have any?)

BTW I am very happy with the eyeshadows, they really stay put all day and last until late night, way longer than Chanel's quads.

Hopefully they will be bringing some in form of duos or quads. I can just imagine how beautiful those palettes would be.

BlahWah

Quote:
winks.gif

th_wallbash.gif
In comparison to MUFE HD, which I find sheer-medium, I find it medium leaning to full coverage. I mentioned in a previous post that I'm using #5 as concealer right now and it's working better than my LORAC neutralizer! #5 is too light for me tho (makes me look like I have a mask!) and after trying my sample of #7, I'm dying to get the full size!! As Miss QQ and Ikram testify, it lasts quite well. I'm loving how #7 seems to melt into my skin. I never had a foundation do that on my face till now! This is, of course, how it's been for me. I've heard that some people still find the colouring a bit off but wow, if you find a match for you does it work well! =D

Miss QQ

Yeah I agree that the foundation colours are a bit off. I'm NC20-25 and the MA told me to go for #4. She ran out of samples of it so she gave me #5 and it was too pale on me. So now I tried #6 and it is a better match. I find that the problem with the foundation is that it can look white under certain lights. And the name is confusing because it is not sheer. I think it is medium coverage but natural.

Ikram

I dont know what I am in MAC but in Chanel Aqua I am B20 and at Burberry was matched to Trench #4. It is a tiny bit light but will be fine for winter.

MissQQ, I think #5 might be lighter than 4, I think #4 and 6 are very close the difference is just that 4 pulls slightly yellow. Amy from cafemakeup wrote she is B20 also and was matched to 6.

I find out this works great undereyes and feels very moisturizing. Hope the concealer will be on similar base.

But I dont get their naming, sheer foundation, sheer eyeshadows are fine. But sheer concealer??? I think a lot of people wont even take a look at products as the who on Earth would go for sheer concealer???

Miss QQ

^^ lol. Is it trendy to name everything sheer. Thanks for telling me about #4! I should try it. It is very confusing too, the way Burberry numbers the foundation. We would think the higher numbers are darker. Previously I also read somewhere that the even # are pink while odd # are yellow, but it doesn't seem so.

User38

lol @ sheer concealer..everything so sheer, is it worth buying it to cover up any imperfection? I checked out the foundation.. and did not buy. I was given some samples and will test out -- no. 6 and no. 5.. will see how it goes.

Ikram

The MA used the concealer at my makeover this week. She used it as concealer as well as brightener. I did not swatch it. I will go take a look at it after I run out of my current concealer but at the moment I am not in a market for a concealer and brightener.

I did pick up couple of lipsticks and more eyeshadows so I will be playing with those in upcomming days. I got one gloss to test out the formula as I am tired of glossimers. I want no sparkle, glitter gloss for a change and this seems to be perfect.

Miss QQ

^^ Very exciting! Let us know what you think of the lipsticks, eyeshadows and the lip gloss. I agree on the lip gloss, sometimes I get irritated when I see random glitters that have migrated from my lips onto the skin above my upper lips and they are almost impossible to remove with my hands or tissue.

Ikram

I love the lipsticks- Lip Covers. :)
The formula is great, they feel very creamy and moisturizing.

I have also one Lip Mist which is similar to Rouge Coco Shine in concept, the shine is wonderful but it is more pigmented and longer lasting than RCS.

They gave me samples of couple of other lip mist shades and I played with some a bit and IMHO Lip Mist in Blueberry is a must fall/winter shade. Gorgeous. I placed my order for that one already.

See cafe makeup review. I was worried it would be too dramatic for me, but it is just right, shiny fresh berries.

http://cafemakeup.com/tag/burberry-blueberry/

Miss QQ

It looks beautiful. The lip mist isn't as moisturizing as the lip cover right? I have the sample card of the lip mist and tried on Feather Pink. Gorgeous colour, but I'm not into these balmy lipsticks now, after buying 3 RCS. I feel they aren't as moisturizing as the RC. What are the lip covers you have? I want to buy some more but there aren't a lot of colours to choose from. Anyone has the sheer glow primer? I'm thinking of getting it.

Ikram

I have only one lip mist in Stormy Pink but I read that its texture is more creamy than other lip mists. I love the texture of the one I have. Stormy Pink is a strawberry pink color, gourgeous with that shine.

I have lip covers in Rosewood what is great color for fall and it is my way into more darker and dramatic lips.
Cameo Pink, wonderfull color which looks like my lips are glowing but more spring-like

On my list to get:
Cameo is also great color, thats what I wanted Plumetis to be but sadly it is very very dry.
Nude Rose
lip gloss in Blush- so pretty

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love the lipsticks- Lip Covers. :)
The formula is great, they feel very creamy and moisturizing.

I have also one Lip Mist which is similar to Rouge Coco Shine in concept, the shine is wonderful but it is more pigmented and longer lasting than RCS.

They gave me samples of couple of other lip mist shades and I played with some a bit and IMHO Lip Mist in Blueberry is a must fall/winter shade. Gorgeous. I placed my order for that one already.

See cafe makeup review. I was worried it would be too dramatic for me, but it is just right, shiny fresh berries.

http://cafemakeup.com/tag/burberry-blueberry/

Oh wow... That is such a me kind of shade. It looks beautiful! I wish that they had brought this line out across Canada, rather than in just a couple of locations. Because I absolutely need something else to spend money on...

BlahWah

Wow. Just wow. I told myself to go to bed by 10:30 pm but I just had to post about Burberry Rosewood lipstick. I am soooo happy I stumbled across this mini sized one because I wouldn't have a full size any earlier than next year (just resigned from my job to find one that allows me more time with my awesome son!). Anyhoo, just tried it on today and I am so in love with the colour, coverage and texture. Not so much a fan of the smell - a bit rosy with a good dose of Vaseline. =S But it's the colour I've been hunting down ever since I saw the Burberry Beauty ads and I'm incredibly happy I wasn't disappointed! I have this weird darker outline to my lips and unless I'm wearing mattes or amplifieds, MAC lippies don't cover enough and I hardly remember to use a liner. With Rosewood and with Chanel's Mademoiselle, one application has been sufficient to keep me covered (haha). I am so pleased with it I'm thinking of ditching most of my MAC lippie collection and treating myself to 3 Burberry/Chanel lippies every year. =D

I posted pictures of the mini Rosewood in the swatch thread. It's soooo cute! If I could, I'd purchase a full size just to keep this mini as a collector item!

Latest posts