Burberry Beauty

Winthrop44

^^Thanks! And thanks to mjacqueline for all the great swatches in the swatch thread. I recently tried Rosewood e/s and really love it - so elegant in both color and texture - so I'm thinking of trying some more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ

Anyone has the sheer glow primer? I'm thinking of getting it.

I think it gets good reviews, but I personally did not care for it - it felt sticky on my skin. I am pretty hooked on MAC Prep + Prime Skin.

User38

oooo. the Blueberry
heart.gif

and I add my thanks to ms.jacqueline for all the wonderful swatches... I need to add to my Burberry collex. I did not care for the foundation.. again too much work on colouring for me.

Miss QQ

winthrop - Thanks, I won't buy the primer then. I don't like sticky. With my moisturizer it feels sticky enough already. Hopefully if I buy something I can get the primer sample to try on before deciding. Is Rosewood like Mademoiselle, or more rose or brown?

HG - Yeah the foundation colours are off. But I really like the finish, so I may go for #6. When I randomly mixed samples of #4 and #7 it was a match for my skin tone right now.

Shypo

I recently ordered the shadows again - when I got them the first time, I was really unimpressed with the color payoff. But I decided to give them another go. I ordered Pale Rose and Midnight Brown, and have Rosewood and Midnight Black on my Nordies wishlist.

I have not tried the lipsticks (Lipcovers?) yet - I wish I could see the collection in-person before deciding, but that's a pipe dream.

Ikram

Thats so funny Shypo that you have ordered again. Hope they will work for you this time. They have whole line at Saks in NYC if that is not too far for you.

I have 4 shadows
Pearl Grey- my most fave, after I saw Lisa Eldridge's video I just had to have it
Rosewood
Khaki
and Gold Trench

I love all of them. I like have they can go on sheer or be layered. I dont like like strongly pigmented shadows where I have to be extra careful with the application. These work for me great because I can layer and IMHO they apply and layer and blend better than Chanel. And last longer.

I absolutelly love the Pearl Grey, I can so soft smokey eye with it.

And Khaki is another gem, I can do greenish/greyish/browish smokey eye which is so different, several people asked me what have I done to my eyes beause they appeared beautiful and big, and said the color was amazing because it was so different, they could not describe.
I ove greens and have a lot but this is nothing like I own.

My next purchase would be Midnight Plum and Antique rose shadows unless I see something what will interests me more in person. I want to try Porcelain also.

But Midnight Plum, oh my,its gorgeous.

Ikram

Was anybody able to find out if Burberry will be offering some GWP at Nordstrom Trend show?

In the past they were giving out several full sized items asone GWP, set of full size brushes, full sized eheshadows, lipliners, lipsticks etc.

There is a Nordstrom show this upcoming weekend at South Coast Plaza Nordstrom and following weekend in Paramus, NJ.

Miss QQ

Ikram - Thanks for your reviews! I saw Lisa Eldridge's video too, and the products apply so well, very buildable. What are your thoughts on the blushes? I need to swatch Earthy, I read that it is a great for contouring.

Cheryl - I like the lip covers but I only have Antique Rose. I wish there were more colours to choose from. I find that the colours are mostly brown, mauve roses which are neutral or peachy pinks/nudes which are warm. Let us know what you think of the eyeshadows! I'm thinking of getting Midnight Brown too.

Ikram

I dont have any Burberry blush yet. Honestly I have to say none of the colors wowed me for some reason. The MA used Cameo blush on me but I didnt pay that much attention to it.
Maybe I will wait if they bring something more exciting for spring or give another look to their current colors later.

BTW: the holiday collection seems to be 3 lip glosees, looks like very pigmented red and plum/purple and very extremelly pale pink/beige. Those are some unusuall colors for Burberry.
I love the lip gloss formula, feels just like Chanel on my lips.

Shypo

MissQQ, I think that's why I haven't taken the plunge on the lipcolors yet - I tend to like something with a little punch, but I have to admit that I'm leaning more toward natural colors lately, so maybe it's time to give these a whirl.

mjacqueline

I'm glad my pictures are of help
amuse.gif
. I am in love with Burberry and am quite addicted to it. Their lip covers are very creamy even more so than Rouge Allures imho. I must agree that the colours aren't exciting but if you love reds you must must try Brick Red. I love it so much. If any of you ladies need any extra swatches and pictures just let me know, I'll be happy to post more. My other favourites are Midnight Plum and Midnight Brown eye shadows and the sheer foundation.

mjacqueline

I dont have any Burberry blush yet. Honestly I have to say none of the colors wowed me for some reason. The MA used Cameo blush on me but I didnt pay that much attention to it.
Maybe I will wait if they bring something more exciting for spring or give another look to their current colors later.

BTW: the holiday collection seems to be 3 lip glosees, looks like very pigmented red and plum/purple and very extremelly pale pink/beige. Those are some unusuall colors for Burberry.
I love the lip gloss formula, feels just like Chanel on my lips.

Hi Ikram, I am so curious to see pictures of the collection but can't seem to find any on the internet. The red and plum lip gloss sounds nice. Do you know of any new shadows that will be released?

Miss QQ

I bought #6 foundation and Earthy Blush today. The blush was out of stock so I paid for it and will collect it in a few weeks time. Saw the new Sheer Concealer too, and it's not sheer lol. It's Iike a thicker version of their foundation, and the rose scent is there too. I'm not comfortable with scented eye products. Strange that Burberry would make a concealer that is so heavily scent. I think they should lighten the scent in the foundations and lippies too. The concealer has 4 shades. #1 is very pale, #2 is closer to my skin tone. It comes in a clicker pen like YSL Touché Éclat. Ikram - I swatched Midnight Plum, it is gorgeous! Can't wait for you to get it! I am passing it for the time being because it's perm and I want to watch my spending. I swatched Midnight Brown but I don't want it because I don't wear brown a lot and browns are just browns to me. Lavender Blue is pretty too! Cheryl - I looked at the Lip Covers again. I think the brightest pink is Tea Rose. It's very pretty but it is also the most frosty, not sure why. I'm not getting any of them, shall wait for new colours from spring, hopefully they are pretty!

Winthrop44

Midnight Brown is really a gorgeous brown though, and so blendable. I've stopped buying browns for the most part but still had to have MB, I just think it's that beautiful. I tried a few more of the e/s and Rosewood and Midnight Brown are the only ones I really fell in love with. I completely agree that they need to tone down the scent. I just can't wear the lipsticks because of it, and sadly I won't even try the blushes on my super sensitive skin for that reason.

Shypo

Oh, I'm on board the Midnight Brown express!! I wore it yesterday with Burberry Pale Pink, which is a gorgeous glow-y color, perfect for highlight and inner corner. I used a color similar to Haux above the MB (above the crease) and blended it out - I loved the look!! I too am not too wowed by browns anymore, but this one is a keeper, and will be a go-to for me.

I haven't received my other eye colors yet - I also bought Claret, and I'm hoping the scent isn't too overwhelming. Man, I'd love unscented products for once! Especially lip and eye products.

Speaking of scent, I'm one of those people who hate it when someone who poured a pitcher of scent on themselves sits near me in a public place. I had to endure a guy's freakishly 'green' scent all the way home on the train from NYC last week - of course he got off at my stop. I thought I was going to hurl. I had a scarf that I kept up near my nose. I was this close to asking him to move.

Ikram

Miss QQ- want to know what do you think about Earthy? Let us know once you get it.

Shypo- now you are giving me ideas with Pale Pink. Glowy color? sounds like a want for me.

BTW: I just received mailer from Saks and they are offering $25 gift card with $100 cosmetics and fragrance purchase. This will be on Black Friday in-store as well as online.

I think my $100 purchase will be Midnight Plum, Gloss in Blush and either Antique Rose or Pale Pink or Porcelain.

Ikram

Oh, I'm on board the Midnight Brown express!! I wore it yesterday with Burberry Pale Pink, which is a gorgeous glow-y color, perfect for highlight and inner corner. I used a color similar to Haux above the MB (above the crease) and blended it out - I loved the look!! I too am not too wowed by browns anymore, but this one is a keeper, and will be a go-to for me.

I haven't received my other eye colors yet - I also bought Claret, and I'm hoping the scent isn't too overwhelming. Man, I'd love unscented products for once! Especially lip and eye products.

Speaking of scent, I'm one of those people who hate it when someone who poured a pitcher of scent on themselves sits near me in a public place. I had to endure a guy's freakishly 'green' scent all the way home on the train from NYC last week - of course he got off at my stop. I thought I was going to hurl. I had a scarf that I kept up near my nose. I was this close to asking him to move.
So did you get to go to Saks Burberry counter?
I know what you mean about the train, I think you are talking about Metro North train, I take those daily and it is not only people but also the train itself, I get in on the first stop in CT so the train is emty and goooosh the bathroom scen all over. Especially in the summer.

Miss QQ

Winthrop - thanks. Good to know you love MB. I have to look at it again then lol, I always swatch it at the counter. I think the MA knows. What do you pair it with? Cheryl - I will look at Pale Pink next time. Boo on the guy who showered himself with perfume! I do not like it too, especially in an enclosed small area. Ikram - I will! It will only be here in about 3 weeks time. Look forward to hearing about your new purchases!

Latest posts