Burberry Beauty

Ikram

I found some sneak-peak of Burberry Spring.

Looks like so far one eyeshadow Pale Barley- described and gold-gray

a lippie Tulip, from pics looks like a satiny not shiny lipstick (hopefully Burberry will bring their version of Velvets).

I am totaly hooked. Pale Barley and Tulip? yeah those names sound like lemmings to me.

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/backstage-beauty-report-burberry/

http://www.vogue.com/collections/spring-2012-rtw/burberry-prorsum/beauty/

The new Holiday glosses are on pre-orded on Saks web site. I will try to swing by the store to see if they have testers. If anyone is interested to order on Black Friday I can poste code for free gift card (if that is allowed here).

Shypo

Hi Ikram! I misspoke - it's Pale Rose - and it is a great everyday base/highlight color for me! I love it! Glory is the only way I know how to describe it.......

I haven't been to the counter yet - have to plan that trip. But I'll make sure it's a mall with both Nordies for Burberry, and NM for Tom Ford!!

Ikram

Hi Ikram! I misspoke - it's Pale Rose - and it is a great everyday base/highlight color for me! I love it! Glory is the only way I know how to describe it.......

I haven't been to the counter yet - have to plan that trip. But I'll make sure it's a mall with both Nordies for Burberry, and NM for Tom Ford!!

They have both at Saks, I was surprised to see TF counter there.

I swatched the Pale Rose. Your description was spot on, it is glowy but not frosty (like many pale pink Diors). Love.

Miss QQ

Thanks, Ikram! I'm excited to see Tulip lipstick. The holiday collection is not out yet here, probably I can see it in two weeks time when I pick up my Earthy Blush. It doesn't too terribly exciting though, the only new colours are the lip glows and I'm not looking for these colours. But we'll see when I'm at the counter. Now I have to check out Pale Rose too! I got a sample of the primer, so I should try it soon.

Ikram

I swatched the holiday glosses and they are incredibly pigmented, definitelly on the opaque side. Pretty colors but not for me.
The light gloss is very pale pinkish beige and has sparkle, reminded me of glossimers, but the sparkle is not so intense. It would be pretty layering color. I dont think they are must-haves.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks. I was looking out for the pale pinkish gold gloss too, but I would rather save my money for more exciting things next year. I hope there will be some cool toned lippies. Most of them seem too be warm or neutral at the moment.

Miss QQ

I saw the holiday lip glosses. They are pigmented and similar to chanel's extract de gloss. The plum reminds me of MAC Jampacked. I also got my Earthy Blush. The packaging is gorgeous, and I'm not a big Burberry fan in terms of it's fashion. The compact is sleek and thinner than Chanel, and the magnetic closure feels very secure and modern. The brush feels soft and useable too. I love to have it in my makeup bag for touch ups. But the scent is really strong. Haven't try it only face yet.

mjacqueline

Hey MissQQ, I have to agree that the scent is strong but it goes away quite quickly. Earthy is a beautiful colour.

Miss QQ

^^ Do you have Earthy? Do you use it for contour? What other cheek colours do you use it with? I wonder if it's too much to wear it with a pinky blush.

Ikram

I love the scent in the blushes. And I think Chanel's blushes are more strongly scented than Burberry.

I have Peony blush, ti is a bit pale and too cool for me, so I am still looking how to make it work. The quality is excellent.

mjacqueline

Hey MissQQ I don't have Earthy but it is on my wishlist. Let me know if you like it I'm also hoping to make it work as a contour blush.

Ikram may I know your colouring? I am crazy about blush and I have been spying Peony too.

Miss QQ

^^ I wore Earthy Blush today and it is perfect for contour! I haven't done a lot of contouring because whatever I have seem to be too brown or orange. Earthy Blush is soft, pigmented but blendable. Now I'm going to learn how to contour properly since I have found the shade. I need a contour brush, is the 109 good? I just had a peek at your blog and I'm in love with your Armani Eyes to Kill and Suqqu goodies!

Shypo

MissQQ, that is GREAT to hear!! HG is also going to use Earthy as a contour - I have the same issues with other products I've tried for that purpose......

**Puts Earthy on list......**

mjacqueline

Miss QQ glad you like Earthy, what is your colouring by the way, I'm between a NC30 to 35 and I wonder will it be suitable for me. Thanks for popping my blog! I love GA. I've been using my Sigma Large Angled Contour brush in F40, does a decent job. I'm not good at contouring too. If I have it my way, I would own every single BB blush, I love their quality.

Miss QQ

I'm NC20-25. I think it will show up on you because the colour is pigmented and buildable. I have to use a light hand. Do you mean you want all Burberry blushes or Bobbi Brown? I find Earthy Blush incredibly soft and I love the packaging more than Chanel's blushes. I wish Burberry would do eyeshadow palettes soon.

Ikram

Hey MissQQ I don't have Earthy but it is on my wishlist. Let me know if you like it I'm also hoping to make it work as a contour blush.

Ikram may I know your colouring? I am crazy about blush and I have been spying Peony too.

Hi

I dont know what I am in MAC numbering, i have never used MAC, but I am quilte light, not ghost but pale. Im Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I think I am beige B20.My hair is darker blond at the moment. My eyes is hard to tell=>blue,green, gray.
I was told I am neutral undertones or beige undertones.
I find Peony blush a bit to cool, I can still wear it and it is nice but doesnt look as good on my as Chanel Rose Ecrin which is my top fave blush.
When I had Burberry makeover the artist used Cameo blush on me, and one other time different artist also choosed Cameo for me.
So I think Cameo should be my blush of choice from this line.I bough Peony anyway because it was different than what I have at home.
I am still happy with it. I just usually need some time to figure out every new makeup product, what is the best way to wear it.
I will take a look at Earthy once I do all my spring purchases (Chanel, Guerlain). The texture of the blushes is exquisite, the powder feels almost fluffy.

User38

I will be getting Earthly (thanks to C!).. to use as a countour.. I would be an NC15..Chanel Faience.. B10 vital.. if that helps anyone.

I will report back as I too plan to use this as a countour product.. still searching for that one product that won't make me look warm or yellow or like I got punched in the sides of the face.. lol.

fingers crossed!

Shypo

I decided to buy (order) Earthy and Misty blushes....I really hope I like them. I love all of the reviews about their texture!