Buying Mac Online

billy_cakes

Well I know that I am always looking for new online spots to purchase my mac from (silly australian prices) and I was thinking maybe we could have a thread with everyones favourite sites and any comments about postage costs/times and anything else we care to mention
smiles.gif

All things mac/palettes/shadow pans/other brands
ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics

Old mac collections
Cyber Emporium

Pressed pigments
http://www.makeuplover.com

Ocassional fullsized items/pigment and powder samples
MAC Pigment Samples

Palletes/brushes/pigment samples
http://shopcraze.com/PageHome.aspx

Hope it helps some other cash concious aussies
smiles.gif

panda0410

These two ladies are fabulous ~ I buy from them all the time
greengrin.gif
Super fast shipping, great prices and they ar eboth members here as well!!

Cocktail Cosmetics

Love Make Up

More great gals to buy from ~
smiles.gif

Halocaustic Hair - pigment samples

Bridgettes Boutique - got some cheap dazzleglass from this lady!

I had a look at the pressed pigments site - I press all my own pigments and those pans look really shallow for 3/4 tsp of pigment.....

Repunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_cakes
Well I know that I am always looking for new online spots to purchase my mac from (silly australian prices) and I was thinking maybe we could have a thread with everyones favourite sites and any comments about postage costs/times and anything else we care to mention
smiles.gif

All things mac/palettes/shadow pans/other brands
ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics

Old mac collections
Cyber Emporium

Pressed pigments
Makeup Lover Home Page

Ocassional fullsized items/pigment and powder samples
MAC Pigment Samples

Palletes/brushes/pigment samples
http://shopcraze.com/PageHome.aspx

Hope it helps some other cash concious aussies
smiles.gif

wow i'd love to get eyeshadow refills from acw...but is it totally authentic?....

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repunzel
wow i'd love to get eyeshadow refills from acw...but is it totally authentic?....

I bought Crystal Rose lipglass from there recently and it was the real deal. There is a thread about it somewhere where a girl here vouches for the other girl who runs the site. Seems like a legit operation
smiles.gif

Repunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I bought Crystal Rose lipglass from there recently and it was the real deal. There is a thread about it somewhere where a girl here vouches for the other girl who runs the site. Seems like a legit operation
smiles.gif

are u still up
girl_devil.gif

there is so much stuff i could buy of acw...i wonder why its cheap.whats the shipping like ?

miss_bailey

oh my ACW! I want so much, its comparable to US prices but cheaper cause its in our dollar.
this is bad.

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
oh my ACW! I want so much, its comparable to US prices but cheaper cause its in our dollar.
this is bad.

huh is it, i thought it was listed as US $$ ?? I'm so confused lol

miss_bailey

ahh silly me I assumed it was an australian site.
still its cheap but I wont be going quite as crazy as I thought.

Brie

yeah
I've been eying that site for a while now. I got so excited when you said AUS$$. LOL

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
thank you for all the info guys ^^

is it worth getting the pressed pigment for $8? hmm..

I wouldnt.... like I said I press my own and 3/4 tsp is actually quite a lot of pigment!!! When you consider there are only around 3tsp in a full jar 3/4 tsp is *almost* 1/3 of an entire jar - you see those pans are pretty shallow for that much pigment.....I would think by comparion to my own theres prob around 1/2 tsp or less in some of those pans.

Heres a link to anyone interested in doing it themselves - super easy!!

mac_cosmetics: May I Introduce To You...

You can get good priced pans from Cocktail Cosmetics
greengrin.gif

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repunzel
are u still up
girl_devil.gif

there is so much stuff i could buy of acw...i wonder why its cheap.whats the shipping like ?

They ship first class international (up to 1lb), priority and express. My gloss was shipped first class and cost $7.75 and it was here in like 3 days. Really really quick! I'm thinking of getting a few more things next pay
greengrin.gif

My experience with ACW was great. I paid $25 to ship 4 things and got them within a week.
Smartpoppy and cyberemporium are good too.

miss_bailey

Cyber Emporium is great and its Australian so thats a plus but I really think im gonna be putting in a HUGE order when my rudd money comes at ACW!

jrm

so ACW is definitely legit?

I was talking to MrsMay about it the other day after ordering something there, and she mentioned some places doing fake HK stuff, and I started freakin' out ...

Had so many bad past experiences with online sites and counterfeits
ssad.gif