Buying Mac Online

panda0410

FRESH is a jerk of a place.... I recently had an issue with that site - they had Dazzleglasses there for $38AU - which I dont care about, what I DO care about is the totally INFLATED retail price - you see they had the dazzleglass listed at a RRP of $46AU - which as we all know is complete CRAP. This was for STANDARD dazzleglass, not HKK etc etc I asked them about it - they practically called me a liar and said that RRP of $46AU was CORRECT and they werent going to change it. Its pretty obvious WHY they inflated the price, their own dazzleglass was more expensive that stardard AU retail and they wanted to justify that - which is deceptive. I REFUSE to purchase anything from this company ever after that.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Cyber Emporium's page now says the Nars products are coming soon!! OMG so excited >_< I need more Nars Blush in my life.

Yep, I actually emailed CE the other day to ask if they knew when they were going to get some more MAC stock in (I have a gift voucher to use) and this was the response
smiles.gif
(it was a fast response too - very happy
smiles.gif
)

Hi Jenny,

We are hoping to get some more MAC collections in the near future although at this stage I'm unable to give you an eta, sorry.
We do have some NARS coming in with an eta in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry I couldn't of been of more help to you and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Gail

elainous

ACW is my new favourite,
i just got an order today, i got 3 brushes, a pp not available here, a lippie and a lipglass as well as kiehls lipbalm which was 4USD! im super happy, and postage was reasonable.
Although i asked for express/insurance option, and it only cost 35UAD, which seemed really cheap, it turned out she insured it for only 11USD, so if it went missing, i would have 11 dollars instead of the 190 the whole thing cost me. hmmm
oh.gif

anyone else notice this?

rockin26

If that had gone missing I would have demanded she pay the $179 difference from what she SHOULD have insured it for.

I've been eyeing off ACW and will probably purchase soon I'm just reluctant with pigment samples cos it would be so easy to send fake stuff out. I'd probably only get those from Makeup Geek but other stuff I'd get off there.

melmaha

I get a bit anxious buying from some sites in regard to authenticity and freshness, so I order mine straight from the Nordstrom site since they take international credit card (my sister lives in Texas so I get things sent to her then she ships back to me).

Before she moved to the US, I used parcel forwarding services and found them very economical if I placed an order with a group of friends.

Paramnesia

I'm always buying form ACW now... I'm addicted and they update there products quite frequent, though i missed out on the MAC wipes
ssad.gif

I have 3 brushes currently in the mail.

piink_liily

Thank you so much for posting those!

Placed an order with CE last night, they are super helpful
smiles.gif
I chose the wrong colour and she changed my order for me straight away (silly me).

Boneshaker

Great thread! I will definitely need to check out these websites. I hate how everything always costs so much over here.

xLongLashesx

Just bought some stuff off ACW

I got Politely Pink and High Tea lippies, and Little VI lustreglass.. for $37.97 US plus $9.50 shipping.

Excited!

lizzymcfizzy

thanks for the websites!!

I buy off the obvious official mac website, ebay and strawberrynet.com who have some mac stuff and free postage.

Pinupsundae

Ugh I shouldn't have let myself be introduced to ACW, I am really a danger to myself + my budget. Now I'm really tempted to get some bits and pieces including a Heatherette e/s palette and erase paste from Benefit. Sadly, I also have a parcel forwarding address which makes me doubly dangerous shopping online haha...I smell a Sephora order coming on.

Paramnesia

Oh that would be dangerous. I just got a parcel today from ACW yay. I now need more pro eyeshadow palettes, I normally buy them here though... I sense a MAC pro trip coming up lol.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzymcfizzy
thanks for the websites!!

I buy off the obvious official mac website, ebay and strawberrynet.com who have some mac stuff and free postage.

Just be careful with pigments and eyeshadows on strawberrynet as they had some fakes a while back...

InTheFade

lizzymcfizzy

pffft there is someone on the tradingpost selling "mac concealer" for $9.99 and lists them as honey,beige, etc etc. not even their proper names or type of pot. lol. run away fast!