Buying Mac Online

piink_liily

^^^Hahaha! my personal faves on ebay are the '12 Colour Mac Cream Eyeshadow Pallettes', I love how they come with sponge tip applicators lol. I can't believe how many people actually bid on those!

rockin26

^^ They deserve to get fakes if they don't do their research
smiles.gif

rockin26

I was more referring to the really obvious fakes like those ones for 55 pigments for like $150 and 24 piece brush sets etc for $50 are pretty obvious, espcially the amount of auctions on that are the same and have the same pics. Even when I was brand new to MAC I thought those were suss and did a bit of checking and found out they were fake and it wasn't that hard to find out.

Check out thie 'MAC Fafi' quad
smiles.gif
At least they don't use the words genuine or authentic in the description MACs 4 Colour Shimmer Eyeshadow - Browns - BNIB - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 05-Jul-09 20:30:00 AEST)

rockin26

I don't know if you can if they don't call their stuff real or authentic? I've never reported someone before because I didn't know how and when I tried it all got too hard!

InTheFade

It's a sad state of affairs when you can only trust a product's legitimacy if the description states it's authentic, isn't it?

I feel that if you're selling something and stating it's X brand, then it should be authentically that brand. Although I'd love to see "Fake MAC Brush Set" on ebay
lol.gif

But it's the same with other brands like Tiffany & Co or Tokidoki.. Ebay is full of fakes, using crappy pictures of products that are obviously fake to anyone who takes the time to research... But obviously there are a lot of people paying a lot of money for fakes because they don't know any better
ssad.gif

xLongLashesx

I think some people don't care if an item is fake or not. As long as it looks ok, works alright then they don't mind.

I always report when I see fake stuff tho, it's really easy. Just scroll down to the bottom where it says "Report item" then choose counterfeit or copyright/ potential trademark infringements/ other replica or counterfeit items and right a short note about it. Voila!

I don't know if it makes a difference but I feel a little better for doing it
yes.gif

piink_liily

Yeah I report the really obvious ones when I see them. By what I've heard from others on Specktra ebay don't do much about it, but it's worth a try!

billy_cakes

Urgh, i just thought i would warn your girls in case u have items waiting from this website

shopallbeauty.com

I ordered fromand had to send them numorous emails asking about my product, i went on tonight to check and there website has closed down and so i made a paypal claim that probably wont do anything. But just thought id give u girls a heads up

xLongLashesx

I just tried to get to it but it'll only show me the cached page from 22/6. Are you certain they've closed down and it's not just an error?

Paypal is usually pretty good with stuff like this, fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmaha
I get a bit anxious buying from some sites in regard to authenticity and freshness, so I order mine straight from the Nordstrom site since they take international credit card (my sister lives in Texas so I get things sent to her then she ships back to me).

Before she moved to the US, I used parcel forwarding services and found them very economical if I placed an order with a group of friends.

Hey there,
was wondering what parcel forwarding services u used? as im in need of one and im a newbie

lavinialee

It is hard to find reasonable priced cosmetics here in aus, and i don't feel comfortable with giving my cc info to companies oversea's.