CARINE ROITFELD FOR MAC

gracie90

I still don't have Carbon, so I'll be getting the Desert kit for sure.
If the Jungle kit didn't have it in AGAIN then I'd probably buy that one too....

Audrey C

At least one (if not both) of those kits will be coming home with me. Super convenient for weekends away/business travel.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I like the kit idea, but why carbon in each? I already have 3 blacks at least
Exactly my thoughts, especially since Carbon is a real under-performer. I really only use it to deepen other shades. If I want a true, flat black, I reach for something else. I think these colours sounds very nice, but they also sound like the kind of shades that practically everyone does. I'll wait until I see the swatches, but they'd have to be pretty remarkable for me to bring them home.

MACina

MAC should have put Carbon into one kit and Showstopper into the other
lol.gif

I like the kit idea, but why carbon in each? I already have 3 blacks at least

Shellcat

LOL!!! Thank goodness they didn't put BOTH of those e/s in BOTH palettes! Now THAT would have been EPIC!
lol.gif

Exactly my thoughts, especially since Carbon is a real under-performer. I really only use it to deepen other shades. If I want a true, flat black, I reach for something else. I think these colours sounds very nice, but they also sound like the kind of shades that practically everyone does. I'll wait until I see the swatches, but they'd have to be pretty remarkable for me to bring them home.

aradhana

you guys have a point about the repeat carbon....i already have two, and one of them is extra large! seeing as i never reach for it, i wonder if i need another!

romi79_2008

I like it just fine because doesn`t have that much fallout as UD black has, but I don`t need that many of them. They could have used the matte2 soft black instead of repeating carbon.
I would pay around 40$ for this palette, if its` more i think i`ll skip it. I rather have a little less in quantity and better prices than large quantities and higher prices

Carriee

Skip! The palettes are tempting but I really don't need Carbon and I hate having 2 different types of makeup in the same palette even though it's convenient. I'd be more likely to buy one if they were just quads without the blusher.

tiramisu

LOL!!!  Thank goodness they didn't put BOTH of those e/s in BOTH palettes!   Now THAT would have been EPIC!    :lol: Amen to that.  I HATE Carbon. Bleh!
You guys crack me up! :). Although the average consumer may not be like us, in that they don't have three untouched Carbons and a slew of, for example, ever so slightly different nuanced brown shades with varying finishes and undertones, because they're "so different" on. Lol I still will check out the desert palette because it may be just what I need for travel and I love neutrals. And the l/s... Side note, does anyone else have Carine's book? Because my first thought with this collection was "damn that book". It smells. Literally... Smells so bad I still can't really look through it without overwhelming nausea, and I've had it since Christmas. It looks so cool on the shelf though... I may have to skip this collection. :shock:

j087

Lol, yup... Carbon sucks! Terrible pigmentation and isn't even that black. Now if it was a matte2, I'd say otherwise. I love MAC's matte2 e/s!

aradhana

kinda bummed about it being carbon in the palettes. maybe it's just as well. probably do have a plethora of underused neutrals kicking about! maybe I should just make my own quad and sort out a cream blush dupe!

xasperadastra

uhm if prices are not too high I may want a palette (the desert one I guess) and the nude lipstick is interesting... I always look for new beautiful nudes!

katred

Specktra Bestie

i go this photo off intsagram from director of makeup artistry for mac gregory a. this is one of the palettes the shadows just slide over to reveal the blush

they star is her good luck charm she actually has been wearing it on her face as a beauty mark
Love the design, actually. They've made it really compact for the amount of product it holds.

User38

^ the box is an easy palette.. I agree.

I am not sure about the textures/pigmentation tho.. just sayin
hatsoff.gif