CCOs in the UK

NatalieMT

Went to Cheshire Oaks this afternoon, not so much MAC there as last time I visited but still a good selection. A lot of the items were the same as the last time I did go.

Items of note were the Fafi Eyes 2 Quad and a couple of the Fafi lipglasses, I think I saw Squeeze It. Other than that they still had quite a few slimshines, the Strobe lip conditioners and a few lipsticks, think I saw Electro from Neo Sci-Fi.

There were quite a lot of eyeshadows still. Pandamonium, Mink Pink, Expensive Pink, Femme Fi, Ochre Style, Zeal, Daisychain, A Little Folie, Folie, Orange... and about 5 paintpots!

A lot of pigments from last time still there also French Violet, Emerald Green, Grape, Copper, Naval Blue, Lark About, Lovely Lily, Landscape Green, Golden Olive, Golden Lemon, Tan, Melon, Silver Fog, Dark Soul, Genuine Orange. There was an awful lot of piggies!

There were a few blushes Coygirl, Strada, Raizin, Eversun, Sweetness, Spaced Out etc. Delicacy highlight powder and the Sculpt and Shape cheek duos.

amber_j

Back from Portsmouth! They had a lot of stuff, but lots of it was there when I last went in September. I didn't buy anything. So, what I can remember (because we ran out of time and couldn't go back to write a list):

1) Bags - Barbie Loves MAC mini; a small square black bag with a loop handle (with orange piping) - don't know the collection
2) Brushes - loads including 109,129,252 and brush sets from the Holiday 2007 collection and Novel Twist
3) Palettes - I saw Novel Twist eye and lip palettes (although some of them were labelled Royal Assets - ???)
4) Paint Pots - Otherworldly
5) Fluidlines - Brassy, and some other one
6) Eyeshadows - masses of these, including Meet the Fleet, Plumage, Folie, Daisychain, Chrome Yellow
7) MSF - Warmed, Light Flush. There were loads of these!
8) Lipgalss - Hey, Sailor!, 1N, Bateaux, Squeeze It, and loads of others
9) Lipsticks - More or less the same ones I found there last time.
10) Foundations - There were a couple of Studio Fix compacts, some Studio Fix Fluid, and some other compact foundation the name of which escapes me
11) Sculpt and Shape
12) Blush - Trace Gold and some random others
13) Blushcreme - Ladyblush (?)
14) Nail polish - I recognised one light shade from N Collection. There were 2 others but I lost interest and went to look at the Bobbi Brown palettes and brush sets instead

Oh, and loads of quads - Amazon, Well Plumed, Fafi 1 and 2...

ETA: And there were loads of skincare products - studio moiture fix, charged water, packs of mini fix+ with strobe cream and something else, scrubs, etc. etc.

All in all, I'd say it's not worth a trip just to buy MAC stuff. But loads of shops had sales on and were offering extra discounts at the till, so maybe it's worth going if you need new clothes or still have to buy some presents.

vocaltest

ahh i well wanna go to portsmouth!!! i don't think i'll get to go until new year now
ssad.gif
thanks amber_j!!

amber_j

Just think of all the great New Year sales!!! The prices were shocking - I think my friends and I saved well over a grand between us.

emmy282

Hi!
I'm going to London in January, and I just wanted to know which CCO is closest to London (time wise)? Bicester or Portsmouth?
Also, do you guys think it's worth going, as I'll be able to get Duty Free at the airport on my way back, and I'm probably going to be going to the Imats show...
TIA!

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy282
Hi!
I'm going to London in January, and I just wanted to know which CCO is closest to London (time wise)? Bicester or Portsmouth?
Also, do you guys think it's worth going, as I'll be able to get Duty Free at the airport on my way back, and I'm probably going to be going to the Imats show...
TIA!

They are really a similar distance, depending of course of which part of London you're going from. Both places have good shops, so it's really down to you. If you want more limited edition stuff go to the CCO, if not perhaps stick with Duty Free.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareBear86
do they have sales at cco's?

Not that I'm aware of. The only sales we saw were in other shops. But if the economy keeps going down then I wouldn't be surprised if the CCOs ran some special offers in the new year to clear their stock. There was stuff there that was around when I went up in mid Sept... Here's hoping!

NatalieMT

No sales at CCOs, because all of the items are heavily discounted already. Cheshire Oaks is basically a discount paradise! I think the prices of the pigments have come down slightly though, I paid £10.27 per pigment last time I went and I'm sure they were more than that previously.

I can help you anyone out with a CP though, I don't mind. Don't know when I'll next go though that's the only trouble.

Eleanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
1) Bags - Barbie Loves MAC mini; a small square black bag with a loop handle (with orange piping) - don't know the collection

Aww i want that Barbie makeup bag so much : (

makeupluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
I'm SO lucky, I live like 20 minutes away from the one in Ellesmere Port. I go there most Fridays!

Recent sightings -
Provence Pigment, Jewelmarine Glitter, Claire De Lune e/s, Beauty Sleep e/s, Da Bling e/s, Melton Mauve e/s, Floral Fantasy e/s, Scene 1 e/s, Pink Venus e/s, Rite of Spring e/s, Seedling e/s, Firespot e/s, Cranberry e/s, Cosmic e/s and Moonflower e/s. They also had Hullabaloo highlight powder, Porcelain Pink MSF, loads of lipglasses, cheek colour bottles, e/s quads Amazon Eyes and Boy Beauty and some lip sets.

hiya im interested in goin there wat are the prices of pigments and what are the prices of mac shadows?
th_confused_new.gif

NatalieMT

Pigments were £10.27 when I last went atleast that's what I paid, eyeshadows are around £7 I think. It varies!
greengrin.gif

But the post of mine you quoted, isn't very up to date. They don't have any of those eyeshadows shades anymore. Check my post at the top of this page for a more updated list.

Indian Barbie

I just got back from the CCS in Gunwharf Quays and I was very impressed, there was too much to choose from. I only came home with an Amazon Quad and an Angled Brush. They had lots of nice stuff I wish I could buy it all!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
I just got back from the CCS in Gunwharf Quays and I was very impressed, there was too much to choose from. I only came home with an Amazon Quad and an Angled Brush. They had lots of nice stuff I wish I could buy it all!

Ohhh! What else did they have if you can remember? Anything else that amber_j didn't see??

Indian Barbie

actually Amber_J did a really good summary. I guess there hasn't been many new things.

They had a full size set of 10 mac brushes for £118 or something which I was tempted to grab...

bellovesmac

Has anyone seen the alexandra mc queen p/p in the cheshire oaks cco lately?

I am after them soo bad and I live an hour away so I dont wanna waste the drive if they havent got them

Thanks
Bel x

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy282
Hi!
TIA!

Unless you're driving, Portsmouth is very much easier to get to. You can get a train direct from London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour and walk to the Gunwharf Quays centre.

For Bicester you'd need to change trains and take a taxi or a bus. I've done Waterloo to Portsmouth several times and it's pretty easy.

amber_j

^ I agree. Unless you have a car it's much easier to get to the outlet mall in Portsmouth. I usually take the coach from Victoria - saves money and gives me some nice scenery to look at.