CCOs in the UK

NadiaD

Hiya Girls

Im planning on going to the CCO on Tuesday in Portsmouth - my first time! Im going espiecially for it as Im curious to see whats there and my student loan has just come in so whoo hoo!! Im going up from Bournemouth so the train fare isnt that bad.

Does anyone have any idea of prices? Im interested in a BB shimmerbrick.

Also if anyone has been to Portsmouth recently - since christmas - and has any idea of what is there can you let me know? And also - random question - is it generally set out like a normal shop or is it a primarky type place??

Sorry lotsa questions - I like to recon a place before I go there, I have an agraphobia condition that can relapse lol, I like to kinda know whats gonna happen!!

Thankyou all

Nadia xx

NatalieMT

No Alexander McQueen at Cheshire Oaks that I've ever seen, I wouldn't waste the time/money driving if I were you. I think they're past having any McQueen now. Better to attempt to buy the items you are looking for online or something in my opinion.

Lissa

anyone been to Bicester Village recently? I'm looking forward to the Red She Said stuff coming in as I really want the smoky eyes palette
smiles.gif

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
anyone been to Bicester Village recently? I'm looking forward to the Red She Said stuff coming in as I really want the smoky eyes palette
smiles.gif

I was there on Monday as it happens - first time I've been there in ages.

They didn't have a huge variety of MAC stuff.

The only holiday eye palette they had was the warm one. They also had one of the lip sets (Red, I think), one of the lip palettes (sorry, can't remember which), one of the mini pigment sets (the one with all the gold-y shades in), one mini lipglass set and a brush set.

They had a few lipsticks and lipglasses, including the lipsticks in the orange tubes. Nothing which cried out to me though, but then I've really lost interest in MAC recently and haven't been following the collections.

They had a couple of softsparkle pencils, 6 shades of pearlglide liners, one of the FAFI quads, the showflower quad, a couple of blushes, a couple of eye shadow pots...

There were a few other random things, such as EZR, a couple of spray products like the tan from Sundressing and a blush, I think... a couple of the brow duo things... a glitter liner or two... a few various mascaras... couple of lip liner pencils and a couple of the cremestick lipliners...

Can't really remember much else.

They seemed to have more fragrances in all the ranges than anything else - very little makeup of any brand.

Oh, just remembered, they also had bronze glitter and some of the Ungaro stuff.

anita22

Thanks Turbokittycat! I'm moving to Oxford in 2 months so not too far away from Bicester - although you say they didn't have much MAC stuff, just the things you listed are enough to get me excited!

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Thanks Turbokittycat! I'm moving to Oxford in 2 months so not too far away from Bicester - although you say they didn't have much MAC stuff, just the things you listed are enough to get me excited!

Things change on a weekly basis at CCOs. In two months they will have totally different stock and could well have less MAC, or be stuffed to the gills with MAC. It's always a bit of a gamble.

In my experience the CCO in Portsmouth, which is a lot newer, is generally better for MAC.

pianohno

Think I'm gonna head on down to the one at Cheshire Oaks today gals - I'll let you know what delights are in store!

LMD84

hi guys! has anyone been to the yoprk cco recently and if so did they have much of a selection? i've got some time off so will be wanting to go for a visit (still a 1hr 30 min train journy though!!). also do they have an actual mac store in york? got some stuff to back to mac you see....

Ladybugz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapie
Which is the nearest one to London?

Hiya i would say Bicester village is closest but it all depends on if you are driving or getting a train.

look back on previous posts in this thread there was something about it earlier on.

NatalieMT

Unfortunately there is no way to shop online at any of the CCOs anywhere to my knowledge. Some of them might do a mail order via the phone but again I would doubt that. You could always try calling to ask though.

Best way to get the items you're looking for, is to maybe request a CP in the wishlist bit of clearance bin section of the website (appears when you have made 20 posts) and see if anyone can help you get the products under retail that way.

kay_411

Im amazed that theres a CCO in the UK, has anyone been to the one in portsmouth or bicester village recently

Korms

Right, so Bicester has (from memory)

Pandamonium (Naughty Nauticles)
Femme-Fi (Neo Sci Fi packaging)
Submarine (Naughty Nauticles)
Meet the Fleet (Naughty Nauticles)

A couple of pigments that I can't remeber the names of.

A Fafi quad and the Beauty Powder in Fafi packaging (Belightful?).

A few of the Holiday eye and lip Pallettes, can't remember which ones though.

Quite a bit of Neo Sci-Fi stuff. Spaced Out and X-Rocks blushes, Naked Space Lipglass.

2 Tendertones.

Quite a lot of Lipglasses, mostly pale peaches and pinks.

About 4 lipsticks.

One or two eyeliners.

Brow shaders.

Solar Bits.

A selection of Lashes and Brushes.

Can't remember what else but it's generally a bit bare in there at the mo. I wouldn't go specifically to buy MAC.

sweets4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms
Right, so Bicester has (from memory)

Pandamonium (Naughty Nauticles)
Femme-Fi (Neo Sci Fi packaging)
Submarine (Naughty Nauticles)
Meet the Fleet (Naughty Nauticles)

thanks I am going today, do you remember if they had any illegal cargo left from the NN collect?
cheers

NatalieMT

I went to Cheshire Oaks today and my it was like a pigment lovers dream. There was atleast 20+ shades including I noticed Spiritualize and the Reflects Duo Purple. I could remember them all if pushed but it'd be easier if anyone had a specific one they were looking to get and asked. They also had in the 2008 holiday pigment sets (they also had the liner set). Nothing very exciting on the eyeshadow front however - Jewel Blue, Ochre Style, Submarine, Beautyburst, Femme Fi, Expensive Pink - nothing new really. They had solar bits though, in 2 shades.

Lots of paintpots, still had the Fafi ones and I personally picked up Delft and Rubenesque.

The 3 Fafi BP were there, along with other face powders like Sheerbronze, Tenderdusk, Dancing Light. Only blushes there were Strada and Pinch Me pro pans.

Lips wise there were all 3 of the Adoring Carmine sets and 2 of the lip palettes, Devoted Poppy and the other I don't recall. Lots of other random lipsticks, slimshines (Tropic Glow was in there!) and liglasses too. One Tendertone in Deep Sigh.

They had quite a few lashes, including the #20s in old packaging, #2s and the new Blinking Cool ones.

amber_j

Back from Portsmouth. They still have a lot of MAC stock - similar stuff to Cheshire Oaks it seems. They had lots of the Holiday 2008 sets (brushes, lip sets, lip palettes) and sets from Novel Twist (brushes) and Holiday 2007 (brushes, lip sets). Lots of pigments and reflects, lipglasses and nail polishes from N Collection, different eyeshadows, Warm Soul mineralize blush, mineralize satinfinish liquid foundation, bulk wipes, lots of the studio mist foundation stuff, piles of brushes, and a few lashes (including half lashes).