CCOs in the UK

deja1214

I was bit disappointed on the brush front, not very many at all. At Portsmouth they had the short handled 129, a fan brush and a full size brush set for £110 (or somewhere around this price) amongst a few others.

Bicester didn't have too many brushes either and I can't remember any standouts.

EmilyIsElectric

I'm going to the York outlet this Saturday.
I'm a bit nervous, I haven't really heard anything about how much MAC they have there so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Cheshire Oaks is the only other one I've visited, and I'd have to catch 2 trains and travel for two and a half hours to get there :| Which sucks, because the last time I went it was like heaven! haha.
So, I'll let everyone know what I see there! :]

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja1214
I was bit disappointed on the brush front, not very many at all. At Portsmouth they had the short handled 129, a fan brush and a full size brush set for £110 (or somewhere around this price) amongst a few others.

Bicester didn't have too many brushes either and I can't remember any standouts.

Thank you for the info
smiles.gif
Maybe that's a good thing (I can restrain myself more!!) If it's really bad I might go down to Portsmouth. I'll let you know if how it goes tomorrow.

anita22

I managed to get myself to the CCO in Bicester Village today. I just arrived in the UK so navigating my way there was a little challenging but I got there in the end :) Here's what I recall seeing:

- Eyeshadows: Time & Space (I got 2, yay), Ricepaper, Pen N Pink, plus one or two from Naughty Naughticals
- Eye quads: Both Fafi ones, Glamazon eyes
- Paint pots: Nice Vice, Rubenesque, Indianwood, Greenstroke, Delft & the blue-green one from Fafi
- Blushes: Sweet William & Posey blushcremes; Blunt, plus one or two more
- Lots of holiday stuff from the last 2 years. Mostly brush sets. They had some of the lip palettes & sets, plus the Warm eyeshadow set & eye glamour kit from last year
- Studio Mist foundations in most shades
- A few other foundations (Select, Studio Tech, Studio Stick) in a few random shades; a couple Select sheer loose powders & beauty powders
- A range of lipsticks, lipglasses, & lip lacquers including a few things from Moonbathe, Naughty Naughticals & Neo Sci Fi
- A reasonable amount of skin care, including Fix+, Studio Moisture Fix, Blot papers & Fast Response Lip & Eye
- Mascara X & Fibre Rich Lash. No Plushlash :-(

That's all I can remember. One of the sales assistants told me their new stock always comes in on Mondays, so next time I think I will try and visit on a Monday or Tuesday.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyIsElectric
I'm going to the York outlet this Saturday.
I'm a bit nervous, I haven't really heard anything about how much MAC they have there so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Cheshire Oaks is the only other one I've visited, and I'd have to catch 2 trains and travel for two and a half hours to get there :| Which sucks, because the last time I went it was like heaven! haha.
So, I'll let everyone know what I see there! :]

what did you find at york? worth going? i fancy going soon so am interested...

aroseisarose

Anyone fancy taking a look around one of the CCO's for me? I have paypal.
Dreammaker/Grand Entrance/Mink & Sable/Smoke & Diamonds/Top Hat - eyeshadows from the starflash collection
Otherworldly - paint pot from the Mcqueen collection
Any of the pearlgliders from the Suite Array collection
And I want loads more but we should just start with that for now. Message me if you can get hold of any of this stuff. Thanks x

seabird

i went to bicester today, and i really wish i had more money! i thought it was really well stocked for once. what i remember them having: posey blushcreme, merrily mineralize blush, blunt blush and blooming. they had loads of eyeshadows: newly minted, blanc type, brown down, sunset b, the dark blue and dark purple from naughty nauticals, silver ring, pen n pink, another light pink, femme fi, ricepaper and a few more i can't remember. they had select nc20 and loads of foundations in the nc30 range. they had the aircan foundation in all colours. in pro pans they had omega, brun, cork, juiced, primary yellow and embark. they had loads of lipglasses, a few lipsticks including electro and show orchid. i know in the lipglasses they had naked space, florabundance, snow girl.. they had loads of paintpots, all the fafi ones and rubenesque as well and girl friendly i think. they also had a few pigments, frost, violet, golden olive and a few more i can't remember. hardly any brushes, but they did have the pink handled 109sh.
greengrin.gif
on the quad front they had tempting, both fafis.. amazon eyes? nothing that stood out really.
i got cash flow paintpot, naked space lipglass, silver ring and cork pro pan. i would have got more had i the money!

NatalieMT

I went to Cheshire Oaks yesterday, as I wanted to get a friend a quick birthday gift. Nothing much new apart from all the Blonde Brunette Redhead e/s.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i went to bicester today, and i really wish i had more money! i thought it was really well stocked for once. what i remember them having: posey blushcreme, merrily mineralize blush, blunt blush and blooming. they had loads of eyeshadows: newly minted, blanc type, brown down, sunset b, the dark blue and dark purple from naughty nauticals, silver ring, pen n pink, another light pink, femme fi, ricepaper and a few more i can't remember. they had select nc20 and loads of foundations in the nc30 range. they had the aircan foundation in all colours. in pro pans they had omega, brun, cork, juiced, primary yellow and embark. they had loads of lipglasses, a few lipsticks including electro and show orchid. i know in the lipglasses they had naked space, florabundance, snow girl.. they had loads of paintpots, all the fafi ones and rubenesque as well and girl friendly i think. they also had a few pigments, frost, violet, golden olive and a few more i can't remember. hardly any brushes, but they did have the pink handled 109sh.
greengrin.gif
on the quad front they had tempting, both fafis.. amazon eyes? nothing that stood out really.
i got cash flow paintpot, naked space lipglass, silver ring and cork pro pan. i would have got more had i the money!

Thanks for that!! I am really tempted to go back soon... I didn't buy much on my first trip and kinda regret it. On the other hand I am still looking for a job... probably need to get that out of the way first
tong.gif

amber_j

Looks like the CCOs have got a whole load of new stock in. Finally! Interesting that Portsmouth has more Fafi paint pots after selling out of them a while ago. I might pop down next weekend after I've been paid.

D

Deleted member 49521

I'm off to the one in York this weekend, very excited!

Any ideas what LE collections they might have in?

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja1214
Sooo, two CCO's in one day!

At Bicester I was a bit disappointed. They a measly amount of eyeshadows:
Time and Space, Firespot, Bisque, Cork, Brun, Electric Eel, Chrome Yellow etc.
A few paintpots:
Indianwood
Rubenesque
Rollickin
Nice Vice

A Fafi quad, some holiday sets, the eyelash set

Not much by the way of lip stuff
a few tendertones, a few lipsticks including Fafi and some pinky glosses
Light Flush MSF
Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Dark

At Portsmouth things were very exciting
Eyeshadows: Meet the Fleet, Submarine, Scene 1, Bisque, and lots others I can't remember.
Eye palettes for £7!
16 Pro pans including orange, cork, brun, velvet moss, juiced and some others
About 20 or so Pigments (Sorry my memory is a sieve at this point)
Paint pots in Nice Vice, Otherworldly, Pharoah, Delft, Moss Scape and some I forgot
A couple of cream blushes, blush in Trace Gold, Light flush MSF, 8 nail polishes
Lip stuff was pretty much the same as Bicester
There were a few eyelashes too.

Back from a trip to Portsmouth. They pretty much have the same stuff still in stock, but Nice Vice is sold out and the foundations tended to be lighter shades. I'm not sure where they get their stock from though - I picked up Pomposity l/s and Warm Smile tendertone and both of them have ingredients stickers in Thai...
th_dunno.gif

RedRibbon

th_hello2.gif
everyone,

I'm planning a trip to the Bicester Village CCO and I was wondering whether you could answer a logistical question for me..

It will cost me £30 in petrol to get to BV and I'm not even sure how much I will spend once I get there, I'm looking to get some MAC shadows, a pigment and some Bobbi Brown stuff.

I was thinking about this this morning, is it worth shelling out £30 quid to drive there when I won't really be after that much, moneywise. I understand that eyeshadows are roughly 4/5 quid off and so I'd have to buy five shadows just to cover the cost of getting there.

I suppose the question I'm asking is, how much of a discount can you get on BB stuff and is it a well stocked CCO?

Thank you
winkiss.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
th_hello2.gif
everyone,

I'm planning a trip to the Bicester Village CCO and I was wondering whether you could answer a logistical question for me..

It will cost me £30 in petrol to get to BV and I'm not even sure how much I will spend once I get there, I'm looking to get some MAC shadows, a pigment and some Bobbi Brown stuff.

I was thinking about this this morning, is it worth shelling out £30 quid to drive there when I won't really be after that much, moneywise. I understand that eyeshadows are roughly 4/5 quid off and so I'd have to buy five shadows just to cover the cost of getting there.

I suppose the question I'm asking is, how much of a discount can you get on BB stuff and is it a well stocked CCO?

Thank you
winkiss.gif

I went to BV for the first time a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't much there I wanted to buy ( MAC-wise, it was mostly LE stuff and holiday sets - brush sets, holiday palettes, etc, which I either had already, or I'd passed on the first time they came out). There was a lot less Bobbi Brown than MAC, it was really only about 5 small shelves. I'm afraid I can't remember prices, but I'm also a Bobbi fan and there was nothing that stood out for me. There were some LE items from the past year or so (palettes & glosses), a few lipsticks and skincare. Also a few of the smaller brush sets (I think the one that came out with Pink Quartz last year, or something similar). And a few concealers, foundations, etc in random shades.

The MAC eye shadow pots were £6 from memory (a saving of £3.79) so going by that you would have to buy 8 just to cover your costs. So if you're not planning on buying much, I don't think it would be worth £30 to get there. There is a bus from Oxford which is about £5 (return I think??) so if you can get to Oxford cheaply via public transport, that might save you $$?

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I went to BV for the first time a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't much there I wanted to buy ( MAC-wise, it was mostly LE stuff and holiday sets - brush sets, holiday palettes, etc, which I either had already, or I'd passed on the first time they came out). There was a lot less Bobbi Brown than MAC, it was really only about 5 small shelves. I'm afraid I can't remember prices, but I'm also a Bobbi fan and there was nothing that stood out for me. There were some LE items from the past year or so (palettes & glosses), a few lipsticks and skincare. Also a few of the smaller brush sets (I think the one that came out with Pink Quartz last year, or something similar). And a few concealers, foundations, etc in random shades.

The MAC eye shadow pots were £6 from memory (a saving of £3.79) so going by that you would have to buy 8 just to cover your costs. So if you're not planning on buying much, I don't think it would be worth £30 to get there. There is a bus from Oxford which is about £5 (return I think??) so if you can get to Oxford cheaply via public transport, that might save you $$?

Thanks
smiles.gif

I've been figuring it out and I think I may either just go to the MAC counter in Selfridges on the way home from work/get public transport. I figured out that I would end up spending 60 quid getting there and buying those few eyeshadows when I could spend less than that actually going to the concessions in the stores so that's what I think I will do
yes.gif

anita22

Quote:
Thanks
smiles.gif

I've been figuring it out and I think I may either just go to the MAC counter in Selfridges on the way home from work/get public transport. I figured out that I would end up spending 60 quid getting there and buying those few eyeshadows when I could spend less than that actually going to the concessions in the stores so that's what I think I will do
yes.gif

If you're in London and haven't seen this thread, this might also interest you!

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f242/2...street-138010/

anita22

Quote:
Can you still shop in there if you don't have that MAC Pro membership card?

Anyone can shop at a Pro store; if you don't have membership it just means you don't get Pro discount. If you have any further questions about the sale, it's probably better to post them in the thread I linked to above though (in the interest of keeping this thread on topic). Have fun, I hope you get some nice goodies
yes.gif

RedRibbon

Hey, thanks again, I was meant to post it in the other thread and realised I'd posted it here, whoops!