Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
"off" - interesting choice of words. It was most certainly was.

I'm glad you were able to try it and didn't end up with something you couldn't use. So sorry New Moon is too much for you. It is gorgeous but if you are uncomfortable, you would not use it and it would be a waste. Maybe you need to ease into sparkle. As for me, I'm totally comfortable. Utopia is the Lilac? Yes it is pretty. I think I may have to get it myself. I just keep thinking maybe I have dupes in my stash and I don't need it. I'm going to pull out all my shades in that family this weekend and make a decision.

So glad you are in good spirits!
Thank you ICL!

Medgal07

lol.gif

Well, the orange glossimer does look that beautiful in the container...not like that photo though. In the promo, it looks like its over a soft pink lipstick or something. I see pink in her cheeks as well.
You might like the orange glossimer. Did you order it?
I had SUNNY on my list but scratched it after the products sheerness was revealed. Unless and until one of you convince me it's a must have, it remains off my list.
cutey.gif
th_mad0217.gif

Ballerina

I had SUNNY on my list but scratched it after the products sheerness was revealed. Unless and until one of you convince me it's a must have, it remains off my list.
cutey.gif
th_mad0217.gif
If we knew what the model had on her lips under Sunny, I would for sure get both!

NYCBeautyJunkie

girlhaha.gif
"off" - interesting choice of words. It was most certainly was.

I'm glad you were able to try it and didn't end up with something you couldn't use. So sorry New Moon is too much for you. It is gorgeous but if you are uncomfortable, you would not use it and it would be a waste. Maybe you need to ease into sparkle. As for me, I'm totally comfortable. Utopia is the Lilac? Yes it is pretty. I think I may have to get it myself. I just keep thinking maybe I have dupes in my stash and I don't need it. I'm going to pull out all my shades in that family this weekend and make a decision.

So glad you are in good spirits!
Yeah, I think I was bugging the SA with how much I kept going back and forth on New Moon, lol. I'm a neutrals/warm colors kinda gal, so I *loved* the color of New Moon, but the mauvey-brown was almost as deep as the color of my skin, so the shimmer is what stood out most which made me feel self conscious, lol. I shouldn't care, but I kept thinking that if I wore something like that during the day, friends would be wondering where I'm going lol! I rarely go out at night, I'm such a homebody. It is SUCH a lovely color, though.

So is Cheeky. That was my biggest disappointment in terms of it not being dark enough for me; in your pictures, I could see it's the type of nude color that I love. On my inner wrist, I was in love. But my face is darker than that part of my body, so... :(

Winthrop44

lol.gif

Well, the orange glossimer does look that beautiful in the container...not like that photo though. In the promo, it looks like its over a soft pink lipstick or something. I see pink in her cheeks as well.
You might like the orange glossimer. Did you order it?
Yes, I did a few days ago. Haven't received yet tho.

abbygal

New Moon & Mirage are out for delivery. Too bad UPS doesn't arrive till late afternoon, can't wait:shock:

abbygal

I'm anxious to hear what you think. Did you order the liner? I'm still debating about it.
I'm considering the liner too. But it's possible I may have something similar (or close enough) in my drawer full of liners! I'd love to see some swatches with comparisons.

elegant-one

I'm considering the liner too. But it's possible I may have something similar (or close enough) in my drawer full of liners! I'd love to see some swatches with comparisons.
It was really really pretty in person. I have a ton of liners, but this one was fairly different. It changes in the light like gold/brown/bronze.

jebogewf

Please, do me a comparison b/w pink tonic and tutti frutti!!!!!!!
I finally had a chance to take some comparison pictures for you. I pulled out quite a few for most polishes, except Sweet Lilac. I don't have as many for that. I haven't narrowed them down to what is the closest yet either.

From left to right:
Dior Lilac Colorvision
Chanel Sweet Lilac
RBL Poco a Poco

From left to right
Chanel Suspicious
YSL Rose Baby Doll
Dior Bahia Duo #2
Chanel Pink Tonic
Dior Bonheur
Chanel Rose Exuberant
Chanel Rose Insolent

From left to right
Chanel Starlet (I pulled because I remember someone asking how it compares to
Chanel Lilis
RBL Coral
Chanel Tutti Frutti
RBL Kellie Gonzo
RBL (Oriental) Poppy
RBL Smile

From left to right:
RBL Starfish Patrick
Chanel Orange Fizz
Chanel Holiday
Chanel Mirabella
Tom Ford Coral Beach
RBL Nails and Noms

Pink Tonic is a deep, saturated cool, rosy hot pink that has very slight shimmer while Tutti Frutti is a touch lighter and is a warm, red-coral with golden shimmer. PT's shimmer (along with Sweet Lilac) is hard to capture, it's easier seen IRL.

urbis

I finally had a chance to take some comparison pictures for you. I pulled out quite a few for most polishes, except Sweet Lilac. I don't have as many for that. I haven't narrowed them down to what is the closest yet either. From left to right:    Dior Lilac Colorvision    Chanel Sweet Lilac    RBL Poco a Poco From left to right    Chanel Suspicious    YSL Rose Baby Doll    Dior Bahia Duo #2    Chanel Pink Tonic    Dior Bonheur    Chanel Rose Exuberant    Chanel Rose Insolent From left to right    Chanel Starlet (I pulled because I remember someone asking how it compares to    Chanel Lilis    RBL Coral    Chanel Tutti Frutti    RBL Kellie Gonzo    RBL (Oriental) Poppy    RBL Smile From left to right:    RBL Starfish Patrick    Chanel Orange Fizz    Chanel Holiday    Chanel Mirabella    Tom Ford Coral Beach    RBL Nails and Noms Pink Tonic is a deep, saturated cool, rosy hot pink that has very slight shimmer while Tutti Frutti is a touch lighter and is a warm, red-coral with golden shimmer. PT's shimmer (along with Sweet Lilac) is hard to capture, it's easier seen IRL.
Thank you so much for your exhaustive review, I guess all doubts are gone. I am so glad tf is not a dupe although pt is a close relative to the many roses promoted in these years. Great job

jebogewf

Great job
Not a problem, I was glad to help. Please excuse the poor quality, I had to use my point and shoot, because my DSLR is set to take a enormously large file size and my husband wasn't home to adjust it. And I've started my review, but not done yet, lol.