Chanel Fall 2014 Makeup - Collection États Poétiques

Winthrop44

But he will for Dior this time ! I love the way he works, never ever trivial and always delicate, Artistic perfection in fact:) I love François Nars and Peter Philips equally, talented and beyond that. Alex Box does a fabulous work too.
I think I read his Dior stuff won't come out until sometime in 2015, I forget exactly when.

sarabeautime

I don't know about Who created Transat (love!) but lately I was thinking Chanel's Summer collection is somehow so uncoordinated. Like the pieces don't match together as they used to. I am a big IdO fan but these three shades didn't move me much either. I would start writing a review but I don't know where to start... I was wondering, do you feel the same? Or am I the only one?

LiliV

I don't know about Who created Transat (love!) but lately I was thinking Chanel's Summer collection is somehow so uncoordinated. Like the pieces don't match together as they used to. I am a big IdO fan but these three shades didn't move me much either. I would start writing a review but I don't know where to start... I was wondering, do you feel the same? Or am I the only one?
Chanel summer didn't do it for me this year either, the shades were just totally not my style and I agree it seemed a bit all over the place. One of my favorites was the 2012 Summer one with all the orange and gold

patentg33k

Same here--I'm just not inspired by it this time around. Maybe it's me, I did fall for a lot of Dior so perhaps I was distracted by those. I haven't gone to buy any of the Chanel items yet, which is very unusual for me.

brn2bfly

^Yeah, I really like Peter's work. I've read that his first full collection for Dior will be Fall 2015.

Dominique33

I feel the same, Chanel summer 2014 is uncoordinated. The white np belongs to another collection, the glosses are pretty in the bottle but really too sheer. No RCS which is most unusual, the Dior summer collection is very classy whereas the Chanel one lacks consistency. No artistic work in this collection, I am much disappointed so to say, I did purchase 3 np but I will not go any further. 2013 was a great year for Chanel makeup, so beautiful collections were launched in 2013. Hopefully it gets better with time but it will be difficult without Peter Philips..

urbis

I would't say that, in my opinion chanel summer collection are generally less "put together" than other seasonal collection, you hardly have a full eye palette. But generally I agree with you that there is something missing this year, not only in the summer: it feels there no new trend or a new idea but a lot of very nice things. The summer collection looks like the lighter version of the spring, with browns and violets, and oh so light glosses instead of the bold spring ones

jebogewf

The only things I liked from the collection were the four nail polishes - Tutti Frutti, Pink Tonic, Sweet Lilac and Mirabella. The rest was just a pass for me. I kept thinking about going back for more, but so far I haven't. Instead I've been getting other things, like candles, fragrances and skin care, while waiting for fall collections.

Dominique33

The only things I liked from the collection were the four nail polishes - Tutti Frutti, Pink Tonic, Sweet Lilac and Mirabella. The rest was just a pass for me. I kept thinking about going back for more, but so far I haven't. Instead I've been getting other things, like candles, fragrances and skin care, while waiting for fall collections.
I did the same, a huge pass for me too. I am a Chanel woman but not this time, everything seems so dull compared to other summer collections ( Dior, Nars, Laura Mercier, Guerlain, YSL and Bobbi Brown I love the Surf and Sand collection !

urbis

Polishes are stars of the collection,no doubt

Dominique33

Polishes are stars of the collection,no doubt
The only and lonely stars I fear, all 5 are worth buying but the other items are
001_unsure.gif
I was disappointed by Cheeky and besides the display is almost invisible here, the promo pic is bad, esp if you compare it to the Dior or Nars ones, I really hope Chanel makeup will improve. I am very glad the nose of Chanel is now Olivier Polge, and I love Chanel skincare, le Lift serum is to launch soon I think ( next Fall ? ), le Jour, la Nuit, le Weekend are absolutely great sérums, I couldn't do without my Hydra Beauty Cream. But makeup well, I expect a lot from the new artistic team.

urbis

The only and lonely stars I fear, all 5 are worth buying but the other items are:unsure:  I was disappointed by Cheeky and besides the display is almost invisible here, the promo pic is bad, esp if you compare it to the Dior or Nars ones, I really hope Chanel makeup will improve. I am very glad the nose of Chanel is now Olivier Polge, and I love Chanel skincare, le Lift serum is to launch soon I think ( next Fall ? ), le Jour, la Nuit, le Weekend are absolutely great sérums, I couldn't do without my Hydra Beauty Cream. But makeup well, I expect a lot from the new artistic team.
I had mixed feelings toward the collection: i got the polishes and mirage and utopia cream eyeshadow plus the violet mascara. The eyeshadows are good although I fell they are the usual variation of neutrals.so far I skipped glosses and blush. The velvet foundation is damn good, and the belle mine fluid is good as well.I loved the purple lippies of the variation collection. Currently I'm testing le blanc serum and I liked the skincare trio but overall I am not a fan of chanel skincare. In the end, when it comes to make I stick to chanel, their looks are always perfect on me, even when they are less eye catching than other brands.hope polge jr will do as well as his father and that he won't bring that la vie est belle style to the fab chanel perfume line. And yes, I hope they'll hire a new global make up director (tom pecheux maybe? He was in charge of the dubai show)

Dominique33

Hopefully Olivier Polge will do a great job, he has a good background and his father created beautiful fragrances. Tom Pécheux ? Well I don ´t know, he is very talented of course but Peter Philips was the best ever, let´s wait and see. I hate La vie est belle, what a mess, I do hope Olivier Polge will create good fragrances !