Chanel Fall 2014 Makeup - Collection États Poétiques

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
More wonderful promo pics
Thank you! Wowza, did they raise the prices again? 31€ for a glossimer? And 29€ for a single e/s seems a little much as well.
I think my only definite is Atmosphere right now, will think about the RCS and the other polishes. I would take my time with those if they are perm.

urbis

Thank you! Wowza, did they raise the prices again? 31€ for a glossimer? And 29€ for a single e/s seems a little much as well. I think my only definite is Atmosphere right now, will think about the RCS and the other polishes. I would take my time with those if they are perm.
I saw the increased prices, i hope I'll get some discounts 'cause the collection is truly interesting

Dominique33

My list so far :

- 4 RCS
- the JC blush
- 2 np ( possibly the 3 )

There is no Rouge Coco curiously enough but RCS are more pigmented that they used to be, well ?

urbis

My list so far : - 4 RCS - the JC blush - 2 np ( possibly the 3 ) There is no Rouge Coco curiously enough but RCS are more pigmented that they used to be, well ?
They definitely are pigmented and improved since their first release

Dominique33

I confess I'm in love with the black dress
Chanel would not be Chanel if they forgot the " Petite Robe Noire " ( and Guerlain knew it when choosing a name for their new fragrance ;) ) It enhances the makeup on the pic, and the makeup enhances the dress as well, good job from the artistic team !

Dominique33

They definitely are pigmented and improved since their first release
Yes I agree, I have several RCS ( 8 I think ), some previous ones and also some new ones. The formula is incredibly moisturizing too, the packaging just perfect. Thank you.... Peter Philips :)

urbis

Chanel would not be Chanel if they forgot the " Petite Robe Noire " ( and Guerlain knew it when choosing a name for their new fragrance ;) ) It enhances the makeup on the pic, and the makeup enhances the dress as well,  good job from the artistic team !
And gabrielle chanel's beige sofa is the perfect background. Very very good job, one of my all time fave

Monsy

I don't mind having some of the colors more pigmented but would love them to keep original sheer formula also. For me they are perfect. They also have two (or more) other lipstick lines that have more pigment so I do not see why would they make another one like that.

delicatewhimsy

I was really excited for this collection, but as a super butt white redhead, I'm just not feeling the eyeshadows. And Orage le vernis is a lot darker than I thought the description of blue grey should be.

Dominique33

Absolutely. It's nice that is something for everyone. But not a lot of brands have lipsticks like coco shines and that's why I love them.

1) Candeur ( very sheer )
2 ) Saga ( 2013 )
3) Rendez-Vous ( 2013 )
4) Pygmalion ( 2013 )

The new formula is not overwhelming, all 4 are sheer I think. I've just swatched them, my other RCS are brighter but still sheer compared to other ones ( Dior Addict lipstick for example ).

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I have Saga^^ and although I really liked it when I first got it I never reach for it. When I tried it again after a while I was surpised at how pigmented it is. I don't think the formula is as nice as Boy, for example.