Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Miss QQ

I'd love to the the Lingerie de Peau, but the colors we have here are too dark. Have you tried it already?
I tried 20 at Sephora on my jawline and it seemed to blend in nicely. But with foundations you never know until you wear it out for a few hours under different lights. Yes it's a waste to throw away a good compact with mirror.

bis

I tried 20 at Sephora on my jawline and it seemed to blend in nicely. But with foundations you never know until you wear it out for a few hours under different lights. Yes it's a waste to throw away a good compact with mirror.
Yes, agree with you there, you always have to take them out for a spin and have someone that looks at you in different lighting to confirm.

suenoojos

chanel foundation are too dark for me unfortunately
out of all the ones i had tried
pro lumiere is my fav

Winthrop44

You might be able to get away with Beige Rose #12 in Perfection Lumiere and/or BR10 Beige Rose - Pastel in Vitalumiere Aqua. Those are the lightest pink toned ones but they are not *that* pink and the yellow based ones tend to darken/oxidize.

shadowaddict

Will all the Chanel foundations/concealers be too dark for me? Imma NC10/NC15

Mat lumiere in Porcelaine is very light. It matches my very pale face. I'm still giving my sample a bit of time to see if it's going to work for my oily skin. I'm hoping with a good primer to get longer wear out of it. I've heard UD Complexion Primer Potion Pore Perfecting is a good one for oily skin so I'm going to try it with it.

Monsy

I hated UD primer. You have to be very very careful with application because if you put too much it turns peorple on skin. They made it so stupid
their de slick powder is good for very oily skin

Mat lumiere in Porcelaine is very light. It matches my very pale face. I'm still giving my sample a bit of time to see if it's going to work for my oily skin. I'm hoping with a good primer to get longer wear out of it. I've heard UD Complexion Primer Potion Pore Perfecting is a good one for oily skin so I'm going to try it with it.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Mat lumiere in Porcelaine is very light. It matches my very pale face. I'm still giving my sample a bit of time to see if it's going to work for my oily skin. I'm hoping with a good primer to get longer wear out of it. I've heard UD Complexion Primer Potion Pore Perfecting is a good one for oily skin so I'm going to try it with it.
How pink is it? Or is it more neutral, do you think? As for primer, I've been liking Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Primer. Before that I used Smashbox Photofinish Light. (With LM's you get more product for less money, though.) I'm combination/oily.

PeppermintMocha

I've been looking for a new foundation and have come across the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I have asked this already earlier in this forum, but I was wondering if anybody else with dry and sensitive skin has tried and how did it work for you?

Thanks in advance!

Chikky

I definitely have dry skin, but I'm only sensitive on my chin; if something passes the chin test, then it's good for me!

I've been using VitaLumiere Aqua for months now, and no issues for me! Ask for a sample; they offered me one (I hate to ask for samples, but I would have, just so I could make sure I didn't break out). Excellent foundation, and it's lasted me forever!!

Shadowy Lady

I'm not a fan of the perfection lumiere (I got a sample when I was in the US)...I find it not as easy to apply as the VA...VA blended for me so effortlessly whether with brush or fingers and it looks great throughout the day. So VA remains my HG everyday foundation (it ties with Lancome Teint Miracle which is also an amazing foundation).

I also find that though Perfection Lumiere might have a wider range of colours, I cannot find a good match for me, lol! for VA, I can wear either B20 or BR20, but with PL BR20 is too pink and B20 is too yellow....like both ends spectrums of undertones are more exeggerated in yellow/pink intensity than they should be. Not sure if it made sense to guys they just don't match me :/ I'm happily back to my beloved VA :)

peanut

I'm not a fan of the perfection lumiere (I got a sample when I was in the US)...I find it not as easy to apply as the VA...VA blended for me so effortlessly whether with brush or fingers and it looks great throughout the day. So VA remains my HG everyday foundation (it ties with Lancome Teint Miracle which is also an amazing foundation).

I also find that though Perfection Lumiere might have a wider range of colours, I cannot find a good match for me, lol! for VA, I can wear either B20 or BR20, but with PL BR20 is too pink and B20 is too yellow....like both ends spectrums of undertones are more exeggerated in yellow/pink intensity than they should be. Not sure if it made sense to guys they just don't match me :/ I'm happily back to my beloved VA :)
I think my coloring might be similar to yours. I'm between NW20 and NW25 in MAC and wore Santa Fe in Nars (just a touch too dark). In Vitalumiere Aqua, I'm mixing BR20 and BR30 for an almost perfect match. Love this foundation! But I too am having some difficulty with Perfection Lumiere. I ended up getting BR32, which I find too peach toned. Now I'm wondering about the new Vitalumiere Aqua compact foundation and if it runs lighter or darker than the liquid.

peanut

Are the colors for Vitalumiere Hydra and Vitalumiere Aqua the same? I found a link with some swatches for Vitalumiere Hydra. I thought BR22 looked good in the compact, but the swatch appears light for me. So I ordered the BR32. Crossing my fingers!!

http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php?id=ohla&month=17-11-2011&group=10&gblog=22

jmarie

Are the colors for Vitalumiere Hydra and Vitalumiere Aqua the same? I found a link with some swatches for Vitalumiere Hydra. I thought BR22 looked good in the compact, but the swatch appears light for me. So I ordered the BR32. Crossing my fingers!!

Thanks for the link. I am looking forward to trying this. Here is a youtube video/review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsePxkNPKQ

Winthrop44

Thanks to both of you for the links. It really looks lovely. I wonder why we don't have BR12 here, and whether we'll be getting it? Great to hear it doesn't oxidize!

Shadowy Lady

Thanks for the link :)