Chanel Foundations & Concealers

VampOwl

I'm really interested in the Vitalumiere Hyrdra Compact since I adore cream compact foundations. I am just wondering if the lightest shade, B10, will be pale enough for my super fair cool toned (with redness) skin. I am a Mac NW10/ Nars Siberia/ Tarte Amazonian Clay Fair.

Has anyone who has seen these in person think that B10 would work for me?

Sugar & Spice

I went looked at the Aqua compact and I loved the formula however there wasn't a shade match for me NW35. Although it is a cream formula it is not moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you still need to prep your skin really well because I had a light moisturizer on and that wasn't enough to conceal the dryness. This could probably work for semi oily skin because like I stated it really isn't moisturizing so I can't see how it will make you more oily and those with extremely oily skin could probably use it too just with a great primer underneath.

peanut

I went looked at the Aqua compact and I loved the formula however there wasn't a shade match for me NW35. Although it is a cream formula it is not moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you still need to prep your skin really well because I had a light moisturizer on and that wasn't enough to conceal the dryness. This could probably work for semi oily skin because like I stated it really isn't moisturizing so I can't see how it will make you more oily and those with extremely oily skin could probably use it too just with a great primer underneath.

I'm so glad you like the formula! I'm getting this today in the mail. I've got normal skin, so I hope it works well with my regular moisturizer. I'm so sorry you couldn't find a shade to match! Does that mean it's not very forgiving (like Chantecaille Future Skin for example)? I guessed at my shade (crossing fingers!) from looking at the link above. I'll post later if it tends to runs light or dark compared to other Chanel formulas.

VampOwl

I'm so glad you like the formula! I'm getting this today in the mail. I've got normal skin, so I hope it works well with my regular moisturizer. I'm so sorry you couldn't find a shade to match! Does that mean it's not very forgiving (like Chantecaille Future Skin for example)? I guessed at my shade (crossing fingers!) from looking at the link above. I'll post later if it tends to runs light or dark compared to other Chanel formulas.
What shade did you order? I'm debating between BR12 and B10. I am cool toned so I am leaning towards BR12, but I am worried it will be darker than B10 due to the numbering.

Winthrop44

What shade did you order? I'm debating between BR12 and B10. I am cool toned so I am leaning towards BR12, but I am worried it will be darker than B10 due to the numbering.
Where are you finding BR12 in the compact foundation? I thought the BRs started at 22 in this one. Or are you not in the US and only we aren't getting BR12?? I would love to try the BR12 if there is one because I found the B10 too yellow....and I am neutral to yellow toned. I match to BR12 in Perfection Lumiere.

Like Purple Popcorn, I did not find the compact very moisturizing. Unfortunately as soon as I applied I noticed some fine lines under my eyes that I've never noticed with my Future Skin, or with no foundation for that matter. That discovery did not exactly make my day!
censored.gif

Sugar & Spice

Luckily I already have a foundation that matches me perfectly (Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk) so I don't NEED a new foundation but I did want to test it out and see how it measured against my HG. Although I liked that the formula is really light and would be great for hot and humid days, I did not like that my HG moisturizer wouldn't have been enough to make the foundation work. So even if there was a shade for me, I wouldn't have purchased it since the finish wouldn't have been better than my Armani.

I can see it working really well for normal skin and I honestly don't know why its targeted to dry skin unless their marketing bottom line is to make you have to buy their serum & moisturizer also, which I wouldn't have done. As far as the shades being forgiving, I think it will largely depend on your undertones and how it pulls the color. My undertones are beige/olive with tan skin and most foundations in the tan range have orange or heavy yellow undertones. So I either look ashy or like a carrot but thankfully Armani got it right but even in his Luminous Silk formula, there isn't a match for me go figure.

Winthrop44

Yep, I would give it another chance if there was a BR12 available here but I don't think I'll chase it down from Asia. I called chanel.com and they advised me to try the BR22. Has anyone seen this one irl who could estimate what MAC shade it corresponds to?

peanut

I think the BR's always look lighter than the B's.

I took a chance and got BR32 because BR22 looked so light in the swatches in that link above (although I think those are Aqualumiere Hydra swatches). Shade-wise, BR32 in Vitalumiere Aqua looks very similar to BR32 in the Perfection Lumiere. I was scared when I first opened it because the color was so dark. But it appears much lighter on your skin than in the pot. I quickly did half my face and it feels quite comfortable. If it oxidizes, I might need to go to BR22 or mix the two. I'll try a full face tomorrow and see how it wears.

peanut

Yep, I would give it another chance if there was a BR12 available here but I don't think I'll chase it down from Asia. I called chanel.com and they advised me to try the BR22. Has anyone seen this one irl who could estimate what MAC shade it corresponds to?

I can't believe they don't offer BR12!!

Winthrop44

Yep. They said they based it on demand so I guess the VA and PL liquids don't sell that well in the lightest BR shade.

peanut

Yep. They said they based it on demand so I guess the VA and PL liquids don't sell that well in the lightest BR shade.

That must be frustrating! It would be nice if the BR22 worked for you. It's true that it's not a very moisturizing foundation, but I think it will work well for me during spring/summer when I get a bit oilier. My skin is relatively normal with slight dryness. I've worn this foundation for 2 days, and I really do like it. It provides light/medium coverage, which is perfect for the warmer months. And, most importantly, I can't detect it!!

elegant-one

I was wondering the same thing about the shades. So frustrating that all my long distant places that I've visited did not have it to swatch.

sunshine817

i just bought the new VA compact foundation and i've been testing it out but so far i think i have to return it because of my dry skin. it blends really nice but when it set. my dry skin doesn't react to it well. i really want to love it because of all the positive reviews but for dry skin. it's just not the foundation for me. any recommendation for dry skin foundation.

Monsy

lancome teint miracle

i just bought the new VA compact foundation and i've been testing it out but so far i think i have to return it because of my dry skin. it blends really nice but when it set. my dry skin doesn't react to it well. i really want to love it because of all the positive reviews but for dry skin. it's just not the foundation for me. any recommendation for dry skin foundation.

Sugar & Spice

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk

SNJx

I've tried Pro lumiere, Mat lunmiere, Perfection Lumiere and Vital lumiere aqua. My favourite out of all was pro lumiere and I was so disappointed when it was discontinued and I didn't BU. It left the skin dewy and radiant with a very decent coverage which didn't look cakey. My least favourite has to be Mat lumiere, I have dry skin and I could feel the foundation on my skin (if that makes any sense) I found it hard to apply but this was probably because of my skin type and my preferance for dewy finish foundations. The foundation I am currently using is Vital lumiere Aqua and I love it! it's luminous and dewy and I don't really feel it on my skin, I'd say it more light/medium coverage which I don't mind. I think it's a perfect foundation for those with dry skin and it's perfect for summer. I know some people don't like scented foundations but I really do like the scent of chanel founations :)

Karen_B

I'll have to buy a new foundation soon as my Maybelline whip dream whatever it's called is about to run out. I've heard good things about both Vitalumiere Aqua and Giorgio Armani Luminous silk. Which of these would you recommend? My skin is quite fair and freckly and on the dry side. I'm not looking for a lot of coverage, I want my freckles to shine through!
TIA!

SNJx

I'll have to buy a new foundation soon as my Maybelline whip dream whatever it's called is about to run out. I've heard good things about both Vitalumiere Aqua and Giorgio Armani Luminous silk. Which of these would you recommend? My skin is quite fair and freckly and on the dry side. I'm not looking for a lot of coverage, I want my freckles to shine through!
TIA!

Hi, I've not used the Giorgio Armani luminous silk so couldn't compare. However, I have dry skin and the Vital lumiere aqua does not dry my skin out at all and it does not cling to any dry patches when my skin gets bad it still looks natural with this foundation. I also have a few freckles and I can still see them when I apply this foundation.

Sugar & Spice

Get samples of both and see which one you like best.

TIA!