Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Miss QQ

Great review, bis! lol The shaking bit is so funny. When the SA tried to squeeze some out on my hand, she had to shake the bottle like mad because all she squeezed out twice was this colourless liquid.

I used the small sachet of sample, B20, for two days (emptied it into a small container, enough for two uses) and switched back to my current foundation, Diorskin Extremefit and I noticed the difference. Vitalumiere Aqua has a glow and there isn't any powdery effect, even though I applied loose powder all over. I'm not completely satisfied with the colour but I haven't try BO20 yet. Tomorrow I'm doing some shopping so I'll be heading to the counter to ask for a sample or compare it with B10 if they don't have samples. Maybe if I buy B10 and B20 and mix the two, I'll get the shade I want. I almost bought Diorskin Nude when it was just launched. Wondering how the two compare.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170308/chanel-foundations-concealers/30#post_2063872"] Great review, bis! lol The shaking bit is so funny. When the SA tried to squeeze some out on my hand, she had to shake the bottle like mad because all she squeezed out twice was this colourless liquid.

I used the small sachet of sample, B20, for two days (emptied it into a small container, enough for two uses) and switched back to my current foundation, Diorskin Extremefit and I noticed the difference. Vitalumiere Aqua has a glow and there isn't any powdery effect, even though I applied loose powder all over. I'm not completely satisfied with the colour but I haven't try BO20 yet. Tomorrow I'm doing some shopping so I'll be heading to the counter to ask for a sample or compare it with B10 if they don't have samples. Maybe if I buy B10 and B20 and mix the two, I'll get the shade I want. I almost bought Diorskin Nude when it was just launched. Wondering how the two compare.
[/quote] I never tried the Diorskin Nude, I never found a good match so I never tried. Their concealer is on my to try list though. The shaking bit is really weird, the SA showed me what happens when to do not shake, otherwise like you said all you get is the liquid. I really hope you find a match, keeping my fingers crossed. Would you mix the colours or do you think that is too much effort? Are you feeling better already or is the flu still hanging around?

Miss QQ

I purchase BO20 today! Thanks, I'm so pleased to find a match. They didn't have samples (not surprised) so I tried it on my jawline and it blends nicely into my neck. Can't wait to do a full face makeup with it, though I feel like saving it for the new year lol. I don't mind mixing the colours, just by dabbing a bit of both all over my face and blend with the brush, but the amount of shaking required (x2) is a challenge. I'm hoping I don't have to do that with BO20. I swatched B10 & BO20, B10 is paler.

You may not like Diorskin nude because when I tried it today again at the counter, to refresh my memory, there is a strong scent, similar but stronger than VA.

My flu is still here. :( My sense of smell and taste is impaired for the time being. I received chocolates for Christmas but I have to resist eating them because of the bad throat and cough.

bis

^^^ Hope you like it! So BO20 is lighter than B20? Thanks for the tip about the Diorskin, but I think at least for a while I am good with makeup ;) Hope you get better soon, it's not really a good time to be sick. All the best. I am sure your chocolates will be good until you feel better. Btw, for a sore throat, have you tried gargling with salt water? Supposedly it helps a lot.

Miss QQ

[h=3][/h]
[h=3]Yes, BO20 is lighter, but more yellow, than B20. Thanks for the tip, I know about it too and I used to gargle salt water when I had a bad throat. There are some sayings that if you make the salt water too salty, the throat may get too dry and hence more irritated. :) Now I just eat the lozenges.[/h] [h=3][/h] [h=3]So you purchased B10? Enjoy! I just bought the new VA, but after reading Cafe Makeup's short review of Lift Lumiere, I'm curious to try it. :p[/h]

mrslid

I'm so sorry you're feeling so crummy Miss QQ. I really hope you feel better in the morning. I think tea with honey and lemon is supposed to be good for your throat too ;-)

Shadowy Lady

So my Chanel lady said that we should be getting the VA by mid Jan. I'm really thrilled to try it!

Miss QQ sorry to hear u haven't been feeling well :( I haven't had the best start of the holidays either. One of our close family friends passed on Monday (she was only 25) and her funeral was yesterday. I'm still getting over the shock while I'm also sick with the stupid flue and pretty much lost my voice :(

i wasn't able to get a sample, because the SA at macy's said they don't give samples of foundation out.. boo
ssad.gif
Oh, that stinks! I really wanted to try this as well because I also have combo/oily skin. I went to Nordstrom's today and the SA did a color match on me (apparently, I'm Ivory) and gave me a small sample to take home to try out. It feels really lightweight. She put it on me at about 9:00 am today, and at 6:00 pm and I'm still not shiny, which is pretty amazing for my skin. I'm going to try it for a few days, but so far I like it - it really evened out my skin and made it look smooth.

Unless it makes my skin break out in the next 2-3 days, I will probably head back when my sample runs out and splurge on the bottle.

~Jeannine~
http://lacqueredmom.blogspot.com

Miss QQ

Thanks, ladies. My flu is getting better but the bug is not completely gone. I still have those sticky phlegms in my nose.

On to better news, I'm pleased with VA BO20! It removes the redness in my skin and it doesn't make me look too tanned, too pale nor too yellow. I'm very happy with it so far!

So my Chanel lady said that we should be getting the VA by mid Jan. I'm really thrilled to try it!

Miss QQ sorry to hear u haven't been feeling well :( I haven't had the best start of the holidays either. One of our close family friends passed on Monday (she was only 25) and her funeral was yesterday. I'm still getting over the shock while I'm also sick with the stupid flue and pretty much lost my voice :(
Hope you like the foundation!

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It must be quite traumatising for you. I hope your flu bug goes away quickly.

Monsy

I was at chanel counter today and SA showed me catalog where it says that new VA will be shipped on FEB 7th which means it will be on the counters 3 weeks later.

karester

I was matched to Gentle Ivory 0.8 in Teint Innocence liquid foundation today. But when I got home to do a closer inspection of my face, due to my dry skin (I'm assuming) the makeup looked like a powdery, flakey mess. Does anyone know what this shade would equate to in the other foundations since I see none of the others have this shade?

Miss QQ

I'm so pleased I finally got a sample of Lift Lumiere in 20 Clair. Can't wait to try it!

mrslid

^^ I hope you love it!!!! It really is pity it can be so difficult to obtain samples. My Spring order is going to have a sample of Mat Lumiere in it I hope. It is one of only a couple of their foundations that is supposed to be fair enough so we'll see ;-)

Miss QQ

I agree, especially for serious buyers like us, if we can't try the foundation first, it is difficult to convince us it will match us in colour, coverage and texture. Hope you enjoy Mat Lumiere.

ButterflyDior77

I am NC20 in MAC foundations/powders. I am neutral with a slight pull to a more yellow undertone. I can wear neutral light beige foundation though as well.

Unfortunately I had a bad matching experience at a Chanel counter at Nordstroms.

I went in there wanting to try Pro or Vitalumiere as I am normal combo dry skin. The people that worked the Chanel counter were out to lunch and I was stuck with someone else from maybe Lancome, but who knows.

She tried the lightest shade in pro and said it wasn't a good match (for whatever reason I can't remember). I asked to try Vitalumiere and she wouldn't try it on me!!! I think she might of said there wouldn't be a color or it wouldn't be good for my skin.
(Inside my head I thought "Um, you're kidding right?" and should have left, but didn't).

She grabbed Mat Lumiere in 0.5 Porcelain and tried it on me. Of course it blended in well, but it was a shade to maybe 1.5 shades too light. At the time I didn't care, because I wanted to walk away with a Chanel foundation. It also had the wrong undertone more peachy or pink, which didn't look terrible, but wasn't ideal looking back on it. I rarely use this foundation , unless I intend on using Estee Lauder tinted moisturizer under it or bronzing my face up to make up for it being a bit too fair.

I am still determined to go back later in feb, and make sure they try what I want on and find a good shade, otherwise I won't buy anything.

Anyone NC20 and found a good match in Pro, Vita, or other foundations from them?

I can't afford to buy two foundations to get the right color for their lack of range lol.

I will say MUFE HD in 117 Marble, NC20 MAC, and Diorskin Nude foundation in 020 Light beige fit me like a second skin best.

Thanks!

Beauty11111

I’d love to try a Chanel foundation but I think they all may be too dark for me to use, does anyone know if Chanel has a foundation that is similar in colour to the NARS sheer glow in Siberia, very light with a yellow undertone?

Miss QQ

Anyone NC20 and found a good match in Pro, Vita, or other foundations from them?

I can't afford to buy two foundations to get the right color for their lack of range lol.

I will say MUFE HD in 117 Marble, NC20 MAC, and Diorskin Nude foundation in 020 Light beige fit me like a second skin best.

Thanks!
I just tried my sample of Chanel Lift Lumiere liquid foundation in 20 and it matches me! The finish is also beautiful, and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I like light to medium coverage foundation. Vitalumiere in B20 is slightly too dark. I used to use Teint Innocent liquid foundation in 20 and I love it (both the finish and the match), but it is recently discontinued. Lift Lumiere will be the next foundation I'm purchasing! Give it a try, good luck!

Beauty11111

I’d love to try a Chanel foundation but I think they all may be too dark for me to use, does anyone know if Chanel has a foundation that is similar in colour to the NARS sheer glow in Siberia, very light with a yellow undertone?

I have Vitalumiere Aqua in BO20, which is that. I'm NC20 but this makes me look just slightly paler. I'm not sure if it is available at where you are, as this seems to be Asia exclusive.
Thank you for the recommendation, sadly I think that it will be too dark for me. NC15 is very dark on me, too dark for me to wear, and if it’s similar to NC20 I don’t think it would work :-(.

Shadowy Lady

My Chanel counter has the new Vitalumiere Aqua in but they don't have their samples yet. She said they should have them by late this week. I tried both 20 and 30 shades on myself though and it seems like I'm in between them which is very annoying! Chanel foundations are too pricey for me to buy two bottles and mix.

I'm gonna wait for actual samples and see what happens.

Latest posts