Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Winthrop44

Have a blast on your date HG. Can't wait to hear all about it!

I too am disappointed in the shade range Ingenue. From everything I've heard the lightest B shade will be too dark for me and the lightest BR, though lighter, will be significantly too pink...but I shall see for myself.

User38

ty Winthrop !

I know that if I did not have the remnants of my tan, and wanting to cover my spots, this colour would be dark looking on my skin, but for now, it works.. hopefully ! I bought 3 foundations, just in case.. lol.. and not for my date, but for next week when I have to work and speak to a roomful of cwazy Italians.. lol.

strix

@ Ingenue-- I read your review of Aqua and I totally agree that Chanel should have made shades that women of all skin tones can wear. Whoever was behind that decision was not thinking!

Monsy

http://thebeautybite.blogspot.com/2011/02/chanel-vitalumiere-aqua-spf-15.html

nice review

bis

[quote name="strix" url="/forum/thread/170308/chanel-foundations-concealers/90#post_2088499"] After 3 days of use, maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I adore Vitalumiere Aqua. Finding a foundation is like dating. You don't realize you're with a mediocre man until someone comes along who blows everybody else out of the water. I was previously using Nars Sheer Glow and a few others.

Every single thing that has bothered me about other foundations I've used simply isn't a problem with this. Here's a quick overview for anybody who's on the fence.
- Perfect lightweight coverage. Covers blemishes but looks natural (not at all cakey) and evens out skin tone.
- No breakouts, and doesn't emphasize dry patches on my skin, doesn't get greasy throughout the day
- Lightweight plastic bottle, easy to travel with and unbreakable
- When you squeeze the bottle, it dispenses the perfect amount. Even better than a pump since pumps tend to get clogged.
- Meant to be applied with fingers, which I personally like because brushes soak up so much product
- SPF for those of us who sunburn easily

I never realized that it was possible to have a foundation that blended in so well with my skin that it's not obvious that I'm wearing makeup. But that's probably due more to the color match than the actual texture.

It does have a scent so if you don't like that you may not like this foundation. It also doesn't have a broad range of colors so some people might have trouble finding a match.
[/quote] So agree with you there. So far I never wore foundations for all the reasons you mentioned, but this one is really nice and invisible and like you I like it a lot more than NARS Sheer Glow. I just wish it would come in more colours.

Winthrop44

Haven't seen this yet irl. It's a squeeze bottle, right? So you wouldn't be able to mix shades except after dispensing?

User38

I am happy to report that the foundation worked very effectively last night and lasted till 2 am... after dinner, drinks and dancing.
cheerleader.gif

so on that front I am not unhappy with the outcome. The colour was a good match for me and did blur my spots but I still had to retouch a bit with some concealer and that took care of them -- I did use the Poudre libre and that only finished me up really nicely.

all in all, I think it's a very good foundation with a buildable coverage, but not enough to cover my sun spots or my white spot.. which required a bit of real imagination (I used the Anastasia eyebrow pen and pigmented it before any mu application). Once I used my Nars Zen, and then some Beagle blush.. the skin was flawless!

Shadowy Lady

After using up my last sample of the vitalumiere aqua yesterday, I cave in and got a full bottle of B30 today. It is a bit dark on me right now but I don't care. I'm gonna go for spray tan soon anyway. It will match me perfectly then :)

Honey&LemonGirl

How are you guys liking the Vitalumiere Aqua's texture? I'm not a fan of super silicone-y foundations (e.g. NARS Sheer Glow) that have that velvety sort of texture because they make my skin go into oil-production overdrive throughout the day.

I noticed that dimethicone is pretty high up there on the ingredient list.
ssad.gif
Can someone compare the texture to another foundation (NARS, Chanel, MUFE) for me and/or tell me how silicone-y (I know, my vocabulary is so scientific) it feels?

Miss QQ

I don't have the habit of looking at the ingredients yet. I like the texture overall, moist and stays all day, yet it can be removed easily at the end of the day.

elegant-one

How are you guys liking the Vitalumiere Aqua's texture? I'm not a fan of super silicone-y foundations (e.g. NARS Sheer Glow) that have that velvety sort of texture because they make my skin go into oil-production overdrive throughout the day.

I noticed that dimethicone is pretty high up there on the ingredient list.
ssad.gif
Can someone compare the texture to another foundation (NARS, Chanel, MUFE) for me and/or tell me how silicone-y (I know, my vocabulary is so scientific) it feels?
It feels like nothing on! I don't have anything else to compare it to. Its soft but does not feel like silicone on. I stopped wearing foundation all together because I just can't stand feeling them on - not with this one. I don't know for sure, but from how it feels, I would think this would keep your skin more matte instead of making it feel oily. It actually makes the skin look glowy matte. Its very nice.

oh, & it wears very very well

elegant-one

After 3 days of use, maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I adore Vitalumiere Aqua. Finding a foundation is like dating. You don't realize you're with a mediocre man until someone comes along who blows everybody else out of the water. I was previously using Nars Sheer Glow and a few others.

Every single thing that has bothered me about other foundations I've used simply isn't a problem with this. Here's a quick overview for anybody who's on the fence.
- Perfect lightweight coverage. Covers blemishes but looks natural (not at all cakey) and evens out skin tone.
- No breakouts, and doesn't emphasize dry patches on my skin, doesn't get greasy throughout the day
- Lightweight plastic bottle, easy to travel with and unbreakable
- When you squeeze the bottle, it dispenses the perfect amount. Even better than a pump since pumps tend to get clogged.
- Meant to be applied with fingers, which I personally like because brushes soak up so much product
- SPF for those of us who sunburn easily

I never realized that it was possible to have a foundation that blended in so well with my skin that it's not obvious that I'm wearing makeup. But that's probably due more to the color match than the actual texture.

It does have a scent so if you don't like that you may not like this foundation. It also doesn't have a broad range of colors so some people might have trouble finding a match.

I agree with all of the above. The B10 Beige Pastel is a perfect match for my skintone!

shimmergrass

I called Nordstrom and on phone they told me that of i am around nc 40 in MAC then I should go for B50 (Beige Sienna). I think I will go in person and test it on my skin for sure. I agree elegant-one, i have stopped wearing foundation because I just hate the feeling of thick cake feeling on my face. I am on the hunt for a perfect foundation that feels like skin.

shimmergrass

[quote name="Winthrop44" url="/forum/thread/170308/chanel-foundations-concealers/90#post_2090346"]

That's how I feel about my Chantecaille Future Skin - like I'm wearing nothing at all. Give it a try if you get the chance.

Has everyone already seen Karla's review/swatches of Vita Aqua?

http://karlasugar.net/2011/03/chanel-vitalumiere-aqua/

[/quote] thanks for the link, even the darkest color is too light

Winthrop44

The shade range is very disappointing - they don't go light enough or dark enough. Maybe they'll expand later on?

Winthrop44

Tried B10 today. No likey. I only tried it along my jawline and lower part of my face because my cheeks are the most sensitive and even that area did not love it. I'm not surprised given the high alcohol content, chemical sunscreen and fragrance. Plus, it looked orange on me. I would definitely need a lighter shade, but since it burns I guess I don't care too much that there isn't one! lol