Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Shadowy Lady

I'm a freak! i was not patient enough to wait to get tanner so I went and exchanged my bottle for B20. This one is a perfect match. I think I like the Vitalumiere Aqua even than my latest foundation HG ( Lancome Teint Miracle)

Honey&LemonGirl

Had one of those awful, bad-luck-all-day kinds of days today. So I promptly came home and treated myself to some retail therapy.
angelic.gif
Vitalumiere Aqua B20 hopped into my shopping cart, along with a Chantecaille lip gloss.
sneaky.gif
Hehe.

Extra goodies: Amy @ CafeMakeup just posted some great close-up swatches of all of the US shades for Vitalumiere Aqua.

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/03/chanel-vitalumiere-aqua-swatches-of-all-shades/

Shypo

^^ Nothing like a little RT to get you back in the swing of things, eh? I know the feeling too well!

Thanks for the tip about Amy's swatches.....I haven't yet used my sample of VA - I have 2 of the packets and will probably try it this weekend. Today I have La Mer on - waiting to see how it holds up and whether I end up with lots of shiny.....

Congratulations on your new goodies!!

Miss QQ

H&Lgirl - enjoy your new makeup!

I'm a freak! i was not patient enough to wait to get tanner so I went and exchanged my bottle for B20. This one is a perfect match. I think I like the Vitalumiere Aqua even than my latest foundation HG ( Lancome Teint Miracle)
Enjoy your new VA! Can you let me know how it compares to Teint Miracle? I'm curious to try it.

elegant-one

hmmm, the BR shades do run slighter darker, thats why I went with the B. It looks darker on the hand but once you apply it to the face it sheers out. But, yeah I think there should have been another shade lighter. The yellow tones in the B10 even out any redness in the skin.

Winthrop - that just stinks that it didn't work out for you :(

mrslid

Ya sounds like this is going to be way to dark on me too :-( My Chanel SA is mailing me samples next week but I can tell from the pics and comments that I'm outta luck
001_unsure.gif

bis

^^ Yes, the lightest shade is not so light, for me it's more a summer foundation. Btw, writing to Chanel about the missing light and dark shades and the big difference between shades. They really listen if they get enough feedback. Best to write several mails ;) It cannot be that they only have a few shades.

Winthrop44

Thanks elegant. I'm very happy with my Future Skin so it's all good.
thmbup.gif

That's a good idea bis. Even though this one wouldn't work for me anyway because of the ingredients I would hope they would offer more shades with any future foundations they come out with. I will write. Chantecaille did not offer Future Skin in Porcelain for the first year I wore it either, and I do believe writing helped there....in fact one day I was shocked to find in my Inbox a very personalized e-mail from Sylvie Chantecaille herself commenting on the things I had written. Seriously! I almost fell out of my chair!

mrslid...I was thinking about you this morning...I would be really surprised if you could get away with it. The strange thing, though, is that BR10 looks alot different on Karla than on Amy, and I have seen some people on MUA say that BR10 is lighter than B10, as well as comments about the pigments supposedly adjusting to the skin. In fact B10 looks alot different on Karla than it does on Amy and if it looked on me the way it looks on Karla I bet I could wear it (color-wise, I mean). So anyway...maybe fool around with both of the lightest shades with and without different primers and see if that makes any difference on your skin?

bis

Winthorp44, I wrote to Chanel here and complained that we do not get the lightest shades here and the first time they got back to me telling me that no one here wants lighter foundations. Second time they said they forwarded this to marketing. So Chanel, go lighter and darker please :)

elegant-one

Well Chanel's model's are really pale - so what's up with that!

I wore my sample of B10 today & I kid you not - I got several compliments, 2 were MAC MUA.

Winthrop44

I wore my sample of B10 today & I kid you not - I got several compliments, 2 were MAC MUA.
Yay! Are you going to get a full size?

I agree on their pale models. In fact I mentioned that in the e-mail I wrote them today, lol. I think one of their other foundations does go paler so maybe that's what they wear.

elegant-one

I am! I really really love how it looks natural & that I cannot feel it on
amuse.gif

You're right, I do believe that it self adjusts to your skin tone. BR was waay too pink/dark for me, but the B just melted into like my own skin color. But, I am curious if I would be even happier with a lighter shade.

Shadowy Lady

Enjoy your new VA! Can you let me know how it compares to Teint Miracle? I'm curious to try it.

Honestly they`re both so great! Let me see if i can summerize:

Chanel VA:
- has a great scent
- is more watery, blends easier
- looks more natural
- is pricier

Lancome TM:
- is longer lasting
- amazing gel like texture
- has a better cool-toned selection (shade Buff 4C matches me better than VA B20)
- the packaging is gorgeous but not travel friendly

I have a full review of the Lancome TM in my blog somewhere. I`m gonna review the Chanel VA this Monday and do more comparisons as well :)

juicycouture328

reccommendations for chanel foundation shade? please helpp

hi everyone. i've wanted to buy Chanel foundation for a very long time now, but I have to order it online so I don't have the opportunity to be color matched. Does anyone have any idea what shade I could be? Please please please help. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. I am:
MAC-NC20 or 25 (depending on the season)
Dior-020 or 022
Bobbi Brown-Warm Ivory (winter season), Sand 2 (summertime)
Lancome-Ivoire 2 (C) (This shade is my perfect shade)

Does anyone know around what shade I might be? Or can anybody shed any info at all? Any tid bit of help would be greatly appreciated. Does Chanel have an online chat with a makeup artist (who can reccommend a shade for me), like Bobbi Brown's website (and the MAC website) has?

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I want to try the texture of TM. Off to check your review! :)

Thanks elegant. I'm very happy with my Future Skin so it's all good.
thmbup.gif

That's a good idea bis. Even though this one wouldn't work for me anyway because of the ingredients I would hope they would offer more shades with any future foundations they come out with. I will write. Chantecaille did not offer Future Skin in Porcelain for the first year I wore it either, and I do believe writing helped there....in fact one day I was shocked to find in my Inbox a very personalized e-mail from Sylvie Chantecaille herself commenting on the things I had written. Seriously! I almost fell out of my chair!

mrslid...I was thinking about you this morning...I would be really surprised if you could get away with it. The strange thing, though, is that BR10 looks alot different on Karla than on Amy, and I have seen some people on MUA say that BR10 is lighter than B10, as well as comments about the pigments supposedly adjusting to the skin. In fact B10 looks alot different on Karla than it does on Amy and if it looked on me the way it looks on Karla I bet I could wear it (color-wise, I mean). So anyway...maybe fool around with both of the lightest shades with and without different primers and see if that makes any difference on your skin?
Karla's swatches usually look the same on me and BR10 looks lighter on her. One of the MA actually matched me to BR10. Maybe the finish is very light so we can get away with wearing any of the shades that our skin is in between.
hmm.gif
But I'm with sabrina@thebeautylookbook, I love Teint Innocent fluid and I'm so sad it is discontinued. My counters discontinued the line in fall last year when VA was launched (earlier in Asia) so I didn't manage to buy any backups. I got compliments on how good my skin looked when I wore TI.

elegant - this could be your hg foundation! Congrats on the compliments!

karester

I've noticed that with MAC as well, especially in their collection promo pics. It makes me wonder if they have to use the White F&B a lot.

MzzRach

I got the vitalumiere aqua foundation in BR10 this week, and wore it for the first time yesterday. Wow, this is a really gorgeous foundation! I love how you can quickly apply with your fingers, it blends wonderfully. And gives nice coverage, but looks natural. This one is a real winner for me. But I agree with everyone else, the shade range (or lack thereof) is ridiculous - hopefully if this foundation is succesfull, they will add more colours. BTW, I am about an NW20 and BR10 was a great match for me.

I also got Black Pearl n/p and Jersey Rose lipstick (finally!). Love them both.

Winthrop44

Great review. Enjoy your new foundation!
thmbup.gif

Does anyone know what the MAC shade equivalents might be for Mat Lumiere in Ivoire and Porcelaine?