Chanel Foundations & Concealers

strix

My Chanel counter doesn't have Aqua yet. They did say that there will be a preview party in mid-March-- not sure if that's specific to my store or if they'll be having them throughout the country.

I'm excited to try a lightweight foundation from Chanel-- good for summer!

smoohead

I hope it has a little bit of coverage. I don't want to add another tinted moisturizer to my collection. They don't seem to do much for me.

strix

I hope it has a little bit of coverage. I don't want to add another tinted moisturizer to my collection. They don't seem to do much for me.

I agree, somewhere between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation would be perfect. Lightweight coverage to even out skintone and cover blemishes, but not feel heavy or cakey.

strix

Quote:
That is what it is! You should try it!

Fabulous! I just went back and read the earlier reviews on this thread, and it sounds just right for me. Can't wait till March to try it!

User38

I think this is pretty much true to colour, but if you are in between shades, it could be a problem... lol. thus, I have a problem. I need to test on my spotty leopard face.

Shadowy Lady

k so i got samples in both B20 and B30. B20 is a bit light and B30 is slightly dark. I think I'm gonna wait till summer and get a full bottle of B30, it should match perfectly then. I loooove the feel of this foundation, such a nice texture

strix

I got Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10 yesterday at Nordies and am loving it so far. I don't like heavy foundations so this is perfect, and the SPF is a bonus. It also seems a lot less greasy than I expected, so that's good.

But the big success is that the color matches me better than any other foundation I've ever used (this is my 1st from Chanel), so if after a few days of trial I find that it also wears well, it will be a new HG! I'll report back after I get the chance to wear it for a few more days.

Only downside is that I live at high altitude and the bottle exploded a little when I first opened it. That doesn't usually happen with other beauty products I've purchased here.

Winthrop44

Yikes! Exploding is not good! lol What MAC shade are you closest to? I'm curious as to whether B10 might work for me or if it would be too dark (as I suspect). I doubt my skin would be able to tolerate the spf anyway so I suppose it doesn't really matter too much.

Miss QQ

I realised I have samples of B10 Vitalumiere Aqua. I will try it and report back. I think it may be too light for me. I purchased BO20, which has yellow undertones but is lighter than B20. I'm Teint Innocent fluid 20 Clair (very sad that the line is discontinued) and recently I purchased MUFE hd foundation 117 which is a good match.

strix

Yikes! Exploding is not good! lol What MAC shade are you closest to? I'm curious as to whether B10 might work for me or if it would be too dark (as I suspect). I doubt my skin would be able to tolerate the spf anyway so I suppose it doesn't really matter too much.
Hi Winthrop, I've never actually used a regular MAC foundation, but I use MSF Light and it matches me well. I am frustrated with the MAC makeup artists in my town because they convinced me to buy NW20 concealer and it was too orange and too dark. So I can't tell you in MAC language, but I am pale with quite rosy cheeks and freckles. In most foundations, I am the lightest or next to lightest shade. The Chanel MUA also tried B10 on me and it was too orange.

strix

After 3 days of use, maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I adore Vitalumiere Aqua. Finding a foundation is like dating. You don't realize you're with a mediocre man until someone comes along who blows everybody else out of the water. I was previously using Nars Sheer Glow and a few others.

Every single thing that has bothered me about other foundations I've used simply isn't a problem with this. Here's a quick overview for anybody who's on the fence.
- Perfect lightweight coverage. Covers blemishes but looks natural (not at all cakey) and evens out skin tone.
- No breakouts, and doesn't emphasize dry patches on my skin, doesn't get greasy throughout the day
- Lightweight plastic bottle, easy to travel with and unbreakable
- When you squeeze the bottle, it dispenses the perfect amount. Even better than a pump since pumps tend to get clogged.
- Meant to be applied with fingers, which I personally like because brushes soak up so much product
- SPF for those of us who sunburn easily

I never realized that it was possible to have a foundation that blended in so well with my skin that it's not obvious that I'm wearing makeup. But that's probably due more to the color match than the actual texture.

It does have a scent so if you don't like that you may not like this foundation. It also doesn't have a broad range of colors so some people might have trouble finding a match.

User38

geeze, this ate up my post.. lol.

Strix, thanks for the review.. I have it ordered and am hoping it will arive by Saturday.. I am busy packing for my trip and will put it to the ultimate voyage test.. lol.

I am so desperately looking for a good light foundation.. I hate cakey looking faces, and it gets worse when you are my age.. sigh.

I am really hoping it helps obfuscate my darker sun spots.. lol

shimmergrass

I really want to try the new foundation but have no idea about the color! is there a comparison chart going on somewhere?

Ingenue

is there a comparison chart going on somewhere?

I reviewed Vitalumiere Aqua here:

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-chanel-vitalumiere-aqua.html

The shade ranges go from Beige to Beige Sienne... or 1.0 to 5.0 or Beige Rose to Beige Rose Sienne ... 1.0 to 5.0

I'm NC43 for comparison, and the darkest color is a full shade too light for me.

The Beige color range is yellow based, and the Beige Rose color range is pink based.

Vitalumiere Aqua is meant to replace Teint Innocence, which also featured a limited shade range. Chanel will not be making this formula for medium, olive, or dark skinned beauties.

User38

eeksign.gif

I got the Beige tendre.. and I just got it in the mail. Will wear it tonight for my hot date..
holysheep.gif
... I think it's a good match and from the small swatch I did on my neck and face, it seems it will be fine.. but wine, food and dancing will be the litmus test.

I think Beige Tendre is the 02 -- and that more or less is comparable to a MAC NC20..

Will report back!

Latest posts