Chanel Holiday 2010

Bonitinha

I bought Pleasing glossimer and Confidentielle rouge allure last week. My first ever Chanel lip products! I really like the glossimer, I'm thinking of going back for Charming and maybe Pink Pulsion. I want to start my own little glossimer collection at home. Hehe.
How are you liking Confidentielle? I've been eyeing it for a while. I'm also thinking about Charming -- let me know if you get it!

Camnagem

I bought Pleasing glossimer and Confidentielle rouge allure last week. My first ever Chanel lip products! I really like the glossimer, I'm thinking of going back for Charming and maybe Pink Pulsion. I want to start my own little glossimer collection at home. Hehe.
Yay! The Chanel love is spreading! Isn't Pleasing gorgeous? I love it.
heart.gif

You'll have to let us know if you go back for more.
graucho.gif

Miss QQ

Hi Winnie! I'm pleased to hear you like your first Chanel makeup!

*Katie*

Thanks
smiles.gif
Think I'm going to pick up Pink Pulsion then, I might get the charming one too, but we'll see how much they are :S lol

Miss QQ

I went to the DFS this afternoon and they had the Voyage palette only. I am mistaken, I didn't see Paris-NY and Paris-LA will not be available here too. Voyage contains 4 e/s, 4 lip colours and a powder blush. Elegant, do you have Voyage?

I went to my usual counter and swatched PP and compared it with other fuchsia glosses from Dior, Lancome, MUFE and so on. PP's multi coloured micro glitters is the most stunning! No doubt it is sheer, other brands' fuchsia glosses tend to be sheer too. But I didn't pick up PP immediately, maybe later on.
winks.gif
Wore tweed fuchsia, Tentation Cuivree and Magnolia with a Dior Addict (old packaging) fuchsia gloss. I love tweed fuchsia, it is pigmented and blendable and buildable!
heart.gif
The glitters aren't chunky too. I also love the quad, especially the beautiful glittery copper brown pink colour!
love.gif
However, the Dior gloss is slippery and when topped over slippery Magnolia, even though I lined my lips with Pink Sugar, the lip colour spread out of my natural lip line.

bis

^^^MissQQ, how do you like Tentation Cuivree? I know you are not too fond of warm browns either. I
love.gif
the darkest colour in the quad, but I am not sure if the quad in total might not be too warm.

And after all your raves Tweed Fuchsia might become my first Chanel blush...
smiles.gif

elegant-one

I went to the DFS this afternoon and they had the Voyage palette only. I am mistaken, I didn't see Paris-NY and Paris-LA will not be available here too. Voyage contains 4 e/s, 4 lip colours and a powder blush. Elegant, do you have Voyage?
No I don't have Voyage. I haven't even heard of it. When did it come out & is it nice?

Miss QQ

^^ It is a travel palette. I think it came out a few months back, perhaps in August. I google it and here is a good description and pic of it.

http://beauty-free.co.uk/?p=91

There was no tester at the DFS so I couldn't play with it. But as you can see in the pic, the colours are neutral and classic. I don't really need the mini mascara though, we can get them as samples since we buy a lot from Chanel.
winks.gif

^^^MissQQ, how do you like Tentation Cuivree? I know you are not too fond of warm browns either. I
love.gif
the darkest colour in the quad, but I am not sure if the quad in total might not be too warm.

And after all your raves Tweed Fuchsia might become my first Chanel blush...
smiles.gif
I like the quad, although I've just used it once (freshly opened today
greengrin.gif
). It isn't warm, it has pink undertones.
smiles.gif
It is like a brown version of Enigma. Yeah, I don't like warm browns - I find Dior Iridescent Leather too warm for me! After getting it because of all the raves, I'm all the more disappointed. I also don't like Kaska Beige. Winthrop and Nora both like Tentation Cuivree too!

Tweed Fuchsia is my first tweed blush and I really like it!

dreamer246

I went to my usual counter and swatched PP and compared it with other fuchsia glosses from Dior, Lancome, MUFE and so on. PP's multi coloured micro glitters is the most stunning! No doubt it is sheer, other brands' fuchsia glosses tend to be sheer too. But I didn't pick up PP immediately, maybe later on.
winks.gif
Wore tweed fuchsia, Tentation Cuivree and Magnolia with a Dior Addict (old packaging) fuchsia gloss. I love tweed fuchsia, it is pigmented and blendable and buildable!
heart.gif
The glitters aren't chunky too. I also love the quad, especially the beautiful glittery copper brown pink colour!
love.gif
However, the Dior gloss is slippery and when topped over slippery Magnolia, even though I lined my lips with Pink Sugar, the lip colour spread out of my natural lip line.

Oh no, now you're tempting me to check out tweed fuchsia! How much does it cost? Btw I'm wondering how fast LE Chanel products sell out in our country?

Miss QQ

omg.gif
Paris-NY beyond gorgeous!
drools.gif
I want it, I want it!

Winnie, I can't remember the exact price of the blush, it is over $60. It really depends on how much stock we receive, some eg Jade and the mini brush set sell out within 1 to 2 days while other LE items get a 2nd shipment so we need not despair if we missed the 1st shipment.

dreamer246

Wow over $60 for a blush is kinda steep for me right now. Maybe when I have my own income I'll be able to afford more Chanel stuff.

karester

I think this is the link: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Gifts-COLLECTION-ESSENTIELLE-DE-CHANEL-119195

I LOVE the 2 gloss colors and the 3 shadow colors
th_e2cloud9.gif
So sad I can't use creamy products -- they always seem to break me out
cry.gif
So pretty!

dreamer246

I'm pretty new to Chanel and was wondering on average, how many LE collections Chanel comes out with per year? One per month? One per season?

sailordom

I fell in love with Splash, too. I bought it a couple of weeks ago when I went to pick up Pleasing after the MA was showed it to me (I also left with Cassis eyeliner -- I'm a bad girl!). It's a really lovely color and, on me, really brings out the copper in the brown shade of the holiday quad.

I really want to try some of the other colors. I'm a sucker for bases, and Splash is light (as in, not a heavy texture) and wears so well. I'm so glad the MA recommended it! I never would have bought it on my own, what with my number of paint pots, shadesticks and greasepaint sticks.

mrslid

Quote:Originally Posted by Winthrop44

It's not a cost savings tho so you can order those 3 from NM and feel like you did get it, right?
smiles.gif

Edit: Oh duh...I forgot they don't have Steel on NM. Well you could get the other 2 from there and I bet you could swap for Steel.
smiles.gif

No because the others have been sold out for ages :-( oh well I really shouldn't get hooked on $23 nailpolish anyways LOL

Winthrop44

mrslid, I don't mean to encourage bad behavior on your part, but I just checked NM and Particuliere is in stock and Paradoxal is expected to ship by 11/29.
cutey.gif

Winthrop44

I'm pretty new to Chanel and was wondering on average, how many LE collections Chanel comes out with per year? One per month? One per season?
Winnie, they do one big collection per season but then may have smaller collections for new product types in between. Definitely nowhere near the number or size of collections MAC puts out. And because items are so pricey you may consider your individual purchases more carefully and actually end up spending less money overall.

Bonitinha

Dreamer -- I will have to add Confidentielle to my short list! In answer to your question about Chanel LE items -- there are usually a few that come out with each collection. Sometimes they add the new stuff to the perm line and sometimes quite a few items will be LE. So, it totally feeds into the obsession
smiles.gif

Elegant -- love your pics of that palette -- so pretty!