Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

Ingenue

Regarding GWP... with Chanel, most are considered when spending a minimum of $150. I've been told that counters are told to not even package purchases in Chanel bags unless the amount exceeds at least $100.

I've personally found that most GWP (or samples whether you purchase or not) comes with building a relationship with an SA. That's with any brand.

elegant-one

So I picked out my Christmas present in the SAKS Christmas catalog I just got tonight.
lol.gif
I showed it to hubs & said, just order it! Its the new Chanel watch with 36 pink sapphires & 12 diamonds.

The prices are hidden in the back of the catalog. Its ONLY $40,300.00
thud.gif
noworry.gif

Ingenue

So I picked out my Christmas present in the SAKS Christmas catalog I just got tonight.
lol.gif
I showed it to hubs & said, just order it! Its the new Chanel watch with 36 pink sapphires & 12 diamonds.

thud.gif
noworry.gif
lol.gif

Is that all? Sounds like a bargain!

Is it this one?

CartoonChic

lol.gif

thud.gif
noworry.gif
OMG!

jawdrop.gif

elegant-one

Anyone know if Chanel makes an iphone case (for the new phone)? I saw some fakes & I do not want a fake. Maybe I should call the Boutique. Kate Spade has a lot of them

peanut

Just called Chanel -- they said the collection isn't going live until the week of the 20th. NOOOOOOO...this can't be!! Perhaps I'm in denial, but if it's already in some stores, wouldn't it be just around the corner? Like maybe noon tomorrow? lol!

elegant-one

I'm glad I'm not the only one... I'd be happy having my cheekbones look like that. Increasingly feeling that I need this.
I'm very confident I can make it work & you can too. I need cheekbones too. And, I have nothing like it.

shontay07108

I got it. It's so nice. It has a nice sheen to it and it blends very well. I can't wait to try it out (maybe tomorrow). It looks so pretty that I kinda don't want to disturb it.

Sugar & Spice

I went chatted with my SA yesterday and she didn't have an exact date when they would receive holiday. I told her I wasn't interested in buying anything so she didn't have to bother calling me or setting aside a appointment time for me to come in.

Regarding samples & GWP like someone else stated it really depends on your relationship with the SAs. I always get samples everytime I visit the counter whether I purchase something or not. However the SAs know if I end up liking the product I will come back and purchase it. Most times you have to spend $150 to get a gift with purchase and the SAs reserve the big GWP that includes a real gift and not just samples for their client list/large spenders. Last week it was the red bow bag someone else mention but I didn't attend the event because there wasn't anything I wanted to buy.

That's why I don't shop on-line, not only do I need to see the product in person but because its how you build relationships with SAs. Everyone at my Nordies beauty know me so even if I'm buying one brand, they talk to me about whatever brand they sell and give me samples on things they think I will enjoy. I'm big on customer service so I'm not going to spend my money anywhere and not be treated like a valued customer especially given the amount of money I spend.

Miss QQ

My counters will only get the brush set, among all the holiday LE sets. I'll get the brush set as usual, although I already have the full sizes Large Eyeshadow Brush #25 and Contour Shadow Brush #14. I have the short handled Angled Powder Brush #2 from the previous holiday brush set and like it very much. The Foundation Brush #6, not so much though. I prefer the other brown synthetic hair foundation brush.

I just realise that the brushes are full size, right? If the price is $225, they can't be short handled.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.sg/2012/07/chanel-limited-edition-holiday-2012.html

Can't wait to hear about it!

shontay07108

I like to buy online, but I get samples often from counters because I'm so pleasant. That's what the SA's tell me anyway. I'm not big on samples, though. It's usually stuff I have no use for. It just becomes clutter. It's funny I was talking to a friend today about customer service while we were browsing in Nordstroms. I really don't want to be bothered. You can greet me, that's fine but then leave me be until I'm ready to buy. I know what I like and what I'm looking for. Self-service and that's why I like Sephora so much. I like SA's who can pick up on that and know to just leave me until I come to them.

CartoonChic

I went chatted with my SA yesterday and she didn't have an exact date when they would receive holiday. I told her I wasn't interested in buying anything so she didn't have to bother calling me or setting aside a appointment time for me to come in.

Regarding samples & GWP like someone else stated it really depends on your relationship with the SAs. I always get samples everytime I visit the counter whether I purchase something or not. However the SAs know if I end up liking the product I will come back and purchase it. Most times you have to spend $150 to get a gift with purchase and the SAs reserve the big GWP that includes a real gift and not just samples for their client list/large spenders. Last week it was the red bow bag someone else mention but I didn't attend the event because there wasn't anything I wanted to buy.

That's why I don't shop on-line, not only do I need to see the product in person but because its how you build relationships with SAs. Everyone at my Nordies beauty know me so even if I'm buying one brand, they talk to me about whatever brand they sell and give me samples on things they think I will enjoy. I'm big on customer service so I'm not going to spend my money anywhere and not be treated like a valued customer especially given the amount of money I spend.
I've definitely been spending $150+ and never received/been offered a GWP. My demeanor is pleasant by default, so I'm not sure what gives.
ssad.gif

CartoonChic

I like to buy online, but I get samples often from counters because I'm so pleasant. That's what the SA's tell me anyway. I'm not big on samples, though. It's usually stuff I have no use for. It just becomes clutter. It's funny I was talking to a friend today about customer service while we were browsing in Nordstroms. I really don't want to be bothered. You can greet me, that's fine but then leave me be until I'm ready to buy. I know what I like and what I'm looking for. Self-service and that's why I like Sephora so much. I like SA's who can pick up on that and know to just leave me until I come to them.
I prefer shopping online because it's easier, faster and gives me time to browse freely. I also don't want SAs hovering while I shop. It makes me feel rushed or like I'm being watched. The weird thing is I'm not big on samples either. However, I want the option to decline a sample versus never being offered one.

Winthrop44

They only have the real GWPs at specific times CartoonChic, so maybe you've not been around at one of those times yet? Why don't you ask your SA if any are coming up in the near future and see what she says? She should be happy to include you just based on all the nail polish and lipstick purchases you've mentioned to us. But in general I feel like you & Shontay do about samples and about online vs counter shopping, especially since my nearest counter is really very far and I usually give away the samples as extras in MUA swaps.